• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone adopted carmen from me, i didnt make her move out by amiibo i waited for her to ping me and then had the person pick her up, they told me how they tt to have her move in already and that dumb glitch that people have been getting happened, the whole, someone else moves in and when you interact with the door it gives the message of "moved out".

this glitch seriously hasnt been fixed? thats ridiculous and honestly annoying. like what do we do in this situation??

someone adopted carmen from me, i didnt make her move out by amiibo i waited for her to ping me and then had the person pick her up, they told me how they tt to have her move in already and that dumb glitch that people have been getting happened, the whole, someone else moves in and when you interact with the door it gives the message of "moved out".

this glitch seriously hasnt been fixed? thats ridiculous and honestly annoying. like what do we do in this situation??
Odd, I thought that was the one glitch they had patched up.

I just wanted to point people to a current fix for the "I've moved out" house issue. You will lose that villager but it has been shown to work.

Link to the PSA regarding I've moved out:
Link to the post that explains the steps (it's for kicking a villager out, but people have found out it works all the same for glitched plots):
I've yet to try it for myself because I'm busy until tomorrow but I will definitely give it a shot and see if it works.

Edit: From the comments it seems like if your "I've moved out" villager is the most recent to move in, you have to have somebody else move out first as it's highly unlikely (or impossible) that your latest villager will want to move out.

It seems like the way the glitch works is that when your glitched villager should have "moved out" it realizes it's a glitch and resets the plot.

Does anyone have a copy of this guide? The subreddit went private

PLEASE please tell us how you did it!! I cannot click on the link anymore (it seems that Reddit got sent to the abyss along with my villager), and the methods others have listed here have not worked for me :'(
Post automatically merged:

BTW, here is my story -

Day 1) My villager Goose asked to move out, I said ok, then tt'd a day forward

Day 2) He was in boxes

It was either day 1 or 2 here (can't remember) that I visited a friend - Said friend had Stiches (from an Amiibo card) in his town who had just been picked up by another friend earlier that day. He had made it so Stiches was kicked out via another amiibo he had, Rosie. I had never talked or interacted with Stiches.

Day 3) I tt'd forward a day after Goose was in boxes. The plot of land that was his had Stiches name

Day 4) Isabelle told me Stiches was here, and I should go say hi. His house was dark and had the "I've moved out" sign, and has been that way since
Does anyone have a copy of this guide? The subreddit went private

Hi there! I posted the guide here:

Last edited:
i just adopted raymond from someone. he's a natural move out, but i had the option of inviting him twice. i said no the second time and asked the trader if they could force quit the game without saving the session, but they accidentally ended the session and saved it. raymond moved in fine, and i tted back to the actual date, and he's still here. i'm just going to play it safe by not tting and not visiting/having visitors until the update. i'll keep a timeline of everything to see if he glitches out!

Hi! Just want to drop my full week report from my adopted Marshal.

4/12(Day 0) Adopted Marshal
4/13(Day 1) Marshal is unpacking. No online play made.
4/14(Day 2) to 4/16(Day 3) Marshal is out about town. No online play. 4/16-Velma in boxes.
4/17(Day 4) - Marshal is still doing okay. Have an open plot. Invited someone over but Marshal is still doing okay.
4/18 up to today 4/19 - Marshal is still doing good.

I'm not sure if I am on the safe zone or still need monitoring but I suppose I should avoid online play until this gets patch.

Hi! Just want to drop my full week report from my adopted Marshal.

4/12(Day 0) Adopted Marshal
4/13(Day 1) Marshal is unpacking. No online play made.
4/14(Day 2) to 4/16(Day 3) Marshal is out about town. No online play. 4/16-Velma in boxes.
4/17(Day 4) - Marshal is still doing okay. Have an open plot. Invited someone over but Marshal is still doing okay.
4/18 up to today 4/19 - Marshal is still doing good.

I'm not sure if I am on the safe zone or still need monitoring but I suppose I should avoid online play until this gets patch.

If you're still doing okay, my guess is that you won't be at risk of experiencing the glitch unless you invite someone to your town (local or online).

It seems if it doesn't affect people soon after adoption, that the online play is the main trigger. I'm curious, as several people have reported it has happened after someone visiting their town, if this also applies to people visiting other's towns. As in, if you have the glitched villager in your town, will it be triggered if you visit someone or only if someone visits you?

Last edited:
So correct me if I'm wrong, but from reading up on this I gathered that time travelling 4 separate days (one day at a time) will clear your void of villagers. So say you have Coco in boxes on Monday, if you time travel to Friday but do it one day at a time, Coco will be cleared from your town's void. Am I understanding that correctly? If so, how is the glitch unavoidable? I understand it's risky as players could lie, but if you're travelling to the town of someone trustworthy who agrees to follow the proper procedure of time travelling won't it mitigate or even erase the chance of this glitch occurring? Either way, it's obviously annoying and I sure hope it's fixed as I run a cycle town. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but from reading up on this I gathered that time travelling 4 separate days (one day at a time) will clear your void of villagers. So say you have Coco in boxes on Monday, if you time travel to Friday but do it one day at a time, Coco will be cleared from your town's void. Am I understanding that correctly? If so, how is the glitch unavoidable? I understand it's risky as players could lie, but if you're travelling to the town of someone trustworthy who agrees to follow the proper procedure of time travelling won't it mitigate or even erase the chance of this glitch occurring? Either way, it's obviously annoying and I sure hope it's fixed as I run a cycle town. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Do we have proof that the 4 day thing is a thing? I've seen people claim that it is but I haven't seen any evidence either.

We have people who claim they got glitched villagers well after the 4 days while in town quarantine so it's quite confusing.

If you're still doing okay, my guess is that you won't experience the glitch unless you invite someone to your town (local or online).

It seems if it doesn't affect people soon after adoption, that the online play is another common trigger.

I invited someone over using dodo code on 4/17, four days after I adopted Marshal. When the visitor left, I checked up on Marshal immediately and there he was hanging out in the plaza. Someone did report that their adopted villager was doing for a week and then invited someone over and their villager glitched. :(

I supposed the safest route to get their villagers would be scanning them through their own amiibos or look for them during Mystery Island Tour.

I invited someone over using dodo code on 4/17, four days after I adopted Marshal. When the visitor left, I checked up on Marshal immediately and there he was hanging out in the plaza. Someone did report that their adopted villager was doing for a week and then invited someone over and their villager glitched. :(

I supposed the safest route to get their villagers would be scanning them through their own amiibos or look for them during Mystery Island Tour.

Interesting.

I wonder if that person had an empty void?

I think we are clearly beginning to see a pattern with the glitch triggering when someone visits their island. There must be some form of commonality. Is everyone at risk who adopts a villager, or only if the villager adopted was glitched to begin with? Or is the glitched void of a player who can infect someone else's island if they visit them?

Then the question is if it's the villager who is glitched or the save file. We have a forum member here who I believe said every villager she adopted out glitched.

The more patterns we can detect and identify the more help it could potentially help us minimize the damage and prevent more occurrences until Nintendo decides and succeeds in fixing it.

Interesting.

I wonder if that person had an empty void?

I think we are clearly beginning to see a pattern with the glitch triggering when someone visits their island. There must be some form of commonality. Is everyone at risk who adopts a villager, or only if the villager adopted was glitched to begin with? Or is the glitched void of a player who can infect someone else's island if they visit them?

Then the question is if it's the villager who is glitched or the save file. We have a forum member here who I believe said every villager she adopted out glitched.

The more patterns we can detect and identify the more help it could potentially help us minimize the damage and prevent more occurrences until Nintendo decides and succeeds in fixing it.

I would like to also add that I asked him if he's okay to come over and he had an open plot. I mentioned that I have an open plot because Velma moved out on the 16th and now it's vacant. I'm afraid that I might infect him instead because I have someone moved out (naturally though).

He verified that he is currently not doing any trading but he didn't mentioned if he has full town or not. It was really is a gamble for me but the 50 NMT I won was too good to pass up. 😂

Ok so this is weird. I just did my first trade since starting my cycling town, I used a Bob amiibo to push Zucker out and the guy picked him up, no problems reported. But I then skipped a month because that is, in my opinion, the easiest way to get random villagers to leave. Only when I got on the game Bob was missing from my map. Yet when I went to his house it said he was out on a snack run. So I ran around the town and checked all buildings beside the museum and he was nowhere to be found. So I go to the campsite to test his amiibo to see what would happen, and it said he was busy moving?? So after that, I skip one more month and he's back on my map just strolling around town as if nothing happened. Now Rosie's asking to leave and I would like to sell her but I'm worried about glitching someone else's game. And remember this was my first time having anyone on my cycling town since it was created so it's pretty strange.

Hi everyone, I have a question:
So i’m seeing that people are saying the repeat villager-invite dialogue is a sign of the glitch. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it just a sign or CAUSES it? Like if I go to adopt a villager and I don’t even attempt to talk to them again after the initial invite, am I still at risk of getting the “i’ve moved out” issue?

thank you for any help :)

Hi everyone, I have a question:
So i’m seeing that people are saying the repeat villager-invite dialogue is a sign of the glitch. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it just a sign or CAUSES it? Like if I go to adopt a villager and I don’t even attempt to talk to them again after the initial invite, am I still at risk of getting the “i’ve moved out” issue?

thank you for any help :)

would like to know this also^ all the villagers I’ve adopted I’ve never talked to twice and **so far** even if I got to peoples islands and they come to mine there doesn’t seem to be an issue

Hello is there a way to get rid of a glitched house? Ive had one for 2 weeks now and im getting sick of waiting for a patch... I dont have any amiibos so wondering if theres another way to get rid of it :(

Hello is there a way to get rid of a glitched house? Ive had one for 2 weeks now and im getting sick of waiting for a patch... I dont have any amiibos so wondering if theres another way to get rid of it :(

From what I've read, it seems that when the glitched plot is randomly chosen to move out, it disappears. As in, when the villager that is missing but should be occupying the glitched plot would, without he glitch, be asking you to move that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back