• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only said that because of what you said about being able to ask someone multiple times.

We don't know why you can ask them multiple times, but it's just one of the hints that they're probably glitched. Kinda like how we know we need sleep, but aren't entirely sure why we would DIE without it. :'D It's a symptom, so to speak, but as far as I am aware, no one has the exact detals behind it!

We don't know why you can ask them multiple times, but it's just one of the hints that they're probably glitched. Kinda like how we know we need sleep, but aren't entirely sure why we would DIE without it. :'D It's a symptom, so to speak, but as far as I am aware, no one has the exact detals behind it!
Okay, thank you. Just to be clear. Can you invite all villagers multiple times when talking to them? Or is this a rare occurrence?

Okay, thank you. Just to be clear. Can you invite all villagers multiple times when talking to them? Or is this a rare occurrence?

This should not happen at all, so far as I know. I'm pretty sure you should invite them one time when they're in boxes, and then any further dialogue should be about how they're excited to come live on your island, and related things!

This should not happen at all, so far as I know. I'm pretty sure you should invite them one time when they're in boxes, and then any further dialogue should be about how they're excited to come live on your island, and related things!
Okay, that's very interesting. Thanks! I'm going to try the TT method mentioned above to get rid of the glitched spot right now. RIP Molly :(

I tried to pick up Dom this morning and we ran into this same issue. We reset the game a couple of times until Dom said he had moved out of their island, but he was also not in mine. Also tried kicking out villagers for three individual trades, ended up with the same glitch. :(

This bug super bites! I hope it gets patched up soon. :(

I just wanted to point people to a current fix for the "I've moved out" house issue. You will lose that villager but it has been shown to work.

Link to the PSA regarding I've moved out:
Link to the post that explains the steps (it's for kicking a villager out, but people have found out it works all the same for glitched plots):
I've yet to try it for myself because I'm busy until tomorrow but I will definitely give it a shot and see if it works.

Edit: From the comments it seems like if your "I've moved out" villager is the most recent to move in, you have to have somebody else move out first as it's highly unlikely (or impossible) that your latest villager will want to move out.

It seems like the way the glitch works is that when your glitched villager should have "moved out" it realizes it's a glitch and resets the plot.
Hello. I tried this! Took 10 minutes and worked like a charm! Got rid of Molly's glitched spot!

No, Bob moved in after her (and thankfully he didn't glitch).
Glad to hear! I'm about to try myself tomorrow! I'm assuming Molly wasn't your latest villager to move in?
Post automatically merged:

Okay, I honestly think glitched villagers are the ones u can invite twice - as it keeps happening that way to everyone. My friend could invite someone twice (while in boxes) and it happened to them as well, just now actually. It is likely that this is a sign that they are glitched. Trades should be canceled and retried if people see that they can invite someone multiple times.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, out of the 6 villagers I invited into my town this week, the ONLY one that glitched was MOLLY. And I think that has to do with the fact that when I was talking to her, I could invite her twice. I think the fact that I could invite her more than once suggests that she was already glitched, to begin with. Can someone please elaborate on this?
I believe that does play a part. I traded with someone for kiki she was an amiibo and was kicked out via campsite however the seller said that me and another buyer had glitched characters no one else they traded with. Both me and the person who bought the other villager were able to ask them to come to our islands twice. The other persons plot didn’t glitch (from what I was told) whereas mine got the plot glitch. Tho I reckon asking twice stuffs up the move in process

I believe that does play a part. I traded with someone for kiki she was an amiibo and was kicked out via campsite however the seller said that me and another buyer had glitched characters no one else they traded with. Both me and the person who bought the other villager were able to ask them to come to our islands twice. The other persons plot didn’t glitch (from what I was told) whereas mine got the plot glitch. Tho I reckon asking twice stuffs up the move in process

The rest of my villagers who I could only ask once did not glitch. And hopefully, it stays that way.
Were u able to get Kiki again? Did they make you redo the trade?

The rest of my villagers who I could only ask once did not glitch. And hopefully, it stays that way.
Were u able to get Kiki again? Did they make you redo the trade?
I was able to get a refund but ended up restarting. Wasn’t happy with my island anyway. In my current island tho I was able to get her back. So far all trades I’ve done haven’t been amiibo or kicked out via amiibo and I’ve only asked to join once, haven’t even tried speaking to them again, and everything in my islands fine. So I reckon it’s a mixture of amiibo/kicked out via campsite and asking twice, in my experience

Hi! I basically got Kiki glitched yesterday too. When I asked her to move on my island she was stuck crafting while she was in boxes. I should have stop everything here but unfortunately I was stubborn. Then I had the glitch where I could ask her to come multiple times (like 3 times). It seems to work just fine at first. Next day she was on my island walking around I was so happy but when I invited a friend to trade some objects, she began to glitch. Her house now says « I moved away. - Kiki ». I don’t know if I should wait for a patch or if I should make one villager move in this spot with an amiibo card I got. (Sorry if my English is not perfect this is not my native language).
D72ED7F5-A451-456E-BF41-183E3B5FD145.jpeg
76DE501C-1CC1-451A-98A7-419629EF1EAA.jpeg

Hi! I basically got Kiki glitched yesterday too. When I asked her to move on my island she was stuck crafting while she was in boxes. I should have stop everything here but unfortunately I was stubborn. Then I had the glitch where I could ask her to come multiple times (like 3 times). It seems to work just fine at first. Next day she was on my island walking around I was so happy but when I invited a friend to trade some objects, she began to glitch. Her house now says « I moved away. - Kiki ». I don’t know if I should wait for a patch or if I should make one villager move in this spot with an amiibo card I got. (Sorry if my English is not perfect this is not my native language).View attachment 243406View attachment 243405
Thats pretty much what happened to me minus the workbench. I’m not to sure what’s the most effective way to remove the glitched plot as I couldn’t be bothered trying and just started again. It really sass me that a lot of people using this forum to tread villagers don’t actually know that there are still glitches happening

Thats pretty much what happened to me minus the workbench. I’m not to sure what’s the most effective way to remove the glitched plot as I couldn’t be bothered trying and just started again. It really sass me that a lot of people using this forum to tread villagers don’t actually know that there are still glitches happening

Yeah! People should at least tell us if their villager was force out to move via amiibo cards... I trade villagers a few days ago and it worked just fine, in my opinion because no amiibos were involved. I’m so disappointed for Kiki. :(

Yeah! People should at least tell us if their villager was force out to move via amiibo cards... I trade villagers a few days ago and it worked just fine, in my opinion because no amiibos were involved. I’m so disappointed for Kiki. :(
yeah since then I’ve always asked how the villager was move out and if they were amiibo. Sometimes asking this has liked caused the seller to ghost me or get annoyed. Which just shows the lack of understanding and knowledge on these glitches.

Aw sorry man but I'm glad that you were able to get your refund!
I was able to get a refund but ended up restarting. Wasn’t happy with my island anyway. In my current island tho I was able to get her back. So far all trades I’ve done haven’t been amiibo or kicked out via amiibo and I’ve only asked to join once, haven’t even tried speaking to them again, and everything in my islands fine. So I reckon it’s a mixture of amiibo/kicked out via campsite and asking twice, in my experience

Hi! I basically got Kiki glitched yesterday too. When I asked her to move on my island she was stuck crafting while she was in boxes. I should have stop everything here but unfortunately I was stubborn. Then I had the glitch where I could ask her to come multiple times (like 3 times). It seems to work just fine at first. Next day she was on my island walking around I was so happy but when I invited a friend to trade some objects, she began to glitch. Her house now says « I moved away. - Kiki ». I don’t know if I should wait for a patch or if I should make one villager move in this spot with an amiibo card I got. (Sorry if my English is not perfect this is not my native language).View attachment 243406View attachment 243405
Sorry man :(

yeah since then I’ve always asked how the villager was move out and if they were amiibo. Sometimes asking this has liked caused the seller to ghost me or get annoyed. Which just shows the lack of understanding and knowledge on these glitches.
The villager can still now glitch even if amiibo cards are not used!

You can cycle out glitched spots with the method that the person highlighted from Reddit on the previous page

I experienced the glitch now too. Finally got rid of one of my unwanted villagers. Sylvia moved out just fine. The plot was empty. So I TT back to normal time and now Gruff lives in the house. I didn't ask him to move. I just started the game and he is unboxing. He must be from someones void. How can I get him to move again?
This isn't the glitch. Plots will be filled with a random villager after a day or two. TTing backwards counts as moving in time. The passage of time filled your empty plot normally.

Hey for everyone who had the glitch, ESPECIALLY if you were able to invite the villager multiple times, and EXTRA ESPECIALLY if you had them walking about in your town before they glitched up, can you please answer:

did you open another plot in your town within a few days of your now-glitched villager being invited/moving in?

did you visit another town or were you visited between them agreeing to move in and them being in your game glitched?

was the glitched villager kicked out via another villager (either amiibo or campsite)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can confirm that the method I posted on the last page worked in about 10 minutes. You have to have that I've moved out plot NOT be your latest to move in for this to work.

Hey for everyone who had the glitch, ESPECIALLY if you were able to invite the villager multiple times, and EXTRA ESPECIALLY if you had them walking about in your town before they glitched up, can you please answer:

did you open another plot in your town within a few days of your now-glitched villager being invited/moving in?

did you visit another town or were you visited between them agreeing to move in and them being in your game glitched?

was the glitched villager kicked out via another villager (either amiibo or campsite)?

Thanks!
I believe I invited someone over to help me water my hybrid farm AFTER Molly moved in. She was already unpacked and walking about all around town. A few days later she glitched and the plot said "she moved out"

She was the only person I asked to move in twice too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back