• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Going Into the Game Blind

Puddle

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Anyone else going into the game and not knowing much about it? What I mean is that I don't know much about the projects, the house customization, or all the shops that you can unlock. I like to discover things myself and not have things spoiled for me.

Granted I do know some things about the game, but there is a lot to learn for me.

Anyone else going into the game and not knowing much about it? What I mean is that I don't know much about the projects, the house customization, or all the shops that you can unlock. I like to discover things myself and not have things spoiled for me.

Granted I do know some things about the game, but there is a lot to learn for me.

Same for, me like I watched videos and stuff but I'm sure theres lots that I don't know about!

I'm not going in totally blind, but I don't know anything about what the outside house appearance items look like or any of the clothes at all. I also don't know what items are given to you with the fortune cookies. I also don't know all the furniture, fish and insects, fossils, or villagers.

So I'm blind enough, methinks.

I actually am a but jealous, I think it will be fun for you to explore blindly and then you can always come here to ask questions when you need to. I don't know everything but I do wish I had the will power to hide a little more from myself. :)

As some have said I'm going to partialy blind. I know the community projects, things about the house and stuff but haven't looked at the villager list really, the clothing, furniture, events and bugs/fish listings. I couldn't resist looking into some parts of the game since it gets me more excited to play. I look at the big picture stuff but find out the details on my own.

I watched Nintendo's trailers of the games, but I generally avoided other videos. So I knew about the big changes (and those are hard to avoid if you're on the internet at all), but a lot of the smaller details are nice surprises along the way.

I've never played an AC game before, so I watched a bunch of videos to see if I'd like the game. Seeing all the customization options makes me so excited! I'm sure I don't know much at all, so I guess you could say I'm going in blind ;D

I've watched a lot of videos since the game launched in Japan but I still feel like I'm going into the game blind. I may know how to start the game and a few other things but I've kept all the English text, bugs, fish, diving critters, holidays etc a surprise.

All those together makes enough of a surprise for me :)

I watched a few videos and know some things but there is a lot that I don't know. I didn't look into all of the public works, how to unlock buildings or the holiday's.

No, I pretty much know everything about the game haha... I like can't not keep learning about the game. Learning more helps hype me up!

AC:NL information is a hell of a drug.
So true. I find myself craving more ever since the treehouse videos started being released >.<; . Besides all that, I'm going into this game partially blind ;D even though buying that game guide is very tempting.

Not really going in blind but it's been months since I obsessed over NL info. I tried to explain to my friend the other day some of the new features and i was like "uhh..what does this game include again?"

But I know plently enough and hopefully I will make new discoveries :D

I'm partially blind. I stay away from all videos, and I until yesterday stayed away from seeing the community projects. But, I just couldn't keep myself from seeing the community projects.

I watched Nintendo's trailers of the games, but I generally avoided other videos. So I knew about the big changes (and those are hard to avoid if you're on the internet at all), but a lot of the smaller details are nice surprises along the way.
I'm in the same camp as you. I often have to ask Justin about the smaller changes. I know a lot less about it than I knew about CF, which I think will be a good thing.

I'm partially blind. I stay away from all videos, and I until yesterday stayed away from seeing the community projects. But, I just couldn't keep myself from seeing the community projects.

I agree!!

However, I really want to know what I'm getting into so I can be sure that I do everything possible to get "my own perfect town". I'm definitely using a guide to get the character I want in the beginning too!

I've looked at the basics really. Just the very beginning up to becoming mayor and whatever videos and trailers Nintendo has put up on their YouTube channel. I know nothing more than what they showed, so I don't know about community projects, clothes, etc etc, yet. tl;dr: Yep I'm pretty much diving in mostly blind xD surprising with me since I tend to spoil games for myself a lot

I have only watched the first 50 minutes; which is really nothing.

I don't think it'll effect me in any way, since every game is going to be different if you think about it.

I've completely spoiled everything for myself. I can never resist the temptation of looking things up. But with every video I've watched I've become more and more excited, not to mention I like knowing how to unlock everything as quickly as I can.

Back