• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Goomy's "It's Cheaper Than Therapy" Trash Heap

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
April Birthstone (Diamond)
White Lily
Yellow Pansy
Red Rose
Blue Hybrid Pansy
White Cosmos
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Yellow Tulip
Purple Violet
8270bfaa-d3e3-4909-a35b-4ca5531a79b7.jpeg

(I didn't make this but it pretty much sums up this entire thread lmao)

Welcome to Goomy's "It's Cheaper Than Therapy" Trash Heap! This is basically a dump of all my Pokemon OCs and is practice to help me someday achieve my dream of being able to imitate the Pokemon XYZ anime art style! Unfortunately I still have to use reference from other, more talented artists for poses and such, but I'm still trying to learn...and it's a step up from directly tracing or recoloring screenshots like I did when I was a kid 😅. I take way too much pride in my OCs and this is probably just a way to toot my own horn, buttttt if y'all need any inspiration one day, feel free to draw one of them 😂 . In the spoiler, I'll show some of my girls, give a sentence or two of info, as well as their Pokemon teams! They're mostly SwSh OCs, so if you haven't played gen8, or Pokemon at all, they'll make like no sense lol.
First up, we have my "main" girl, Maddie Castellana~ a chubby, awkward photographer who's a massive Leon simp and sucks at battling. Known for her extremely curly hair, short stature, and big glasses. Her team: Urshifu (Rapid Strike), Zangoose, Flapple, Mawile, shiny Pumpkaboo, and Nidorina
sketch-1615593795179.png

sketch-1592445423183.png

sketch-1596131348772.png

(Very old drawing but I LOVE her in this outfit)
sketch-1615436426127.png

sketch-1633569844594.png

(My latest piece, a semi-realistic portrait! I had a ton of fun with this one!)

Up next is Maple Magnolia, Sonia's younger sister and a talented, yet timid, cook who enjoys a simple, domestic life...and has a crush on Hop, her childhood friend. Her team: Honchkrow, Sawsbuck Autumn Form, rest TBA.
Maple fullbody.png

Maple.png

Maple winter.png

sketch-1632091850158.png

Next is Helen, who, if you played the Crown Tundra DLC, is Nia's younger, adopted sister who deals with a lot of depression and loves to draw portraits of people and Pokemon. Her only Pokemon is a Flareon, who serves as a service Pokemon, so he is usually on a leash and wears a lil vest.
sketch-1618186771332.png

Nan is a contest star like her mother, but doesn't want to go down the same path...instead of purely Fairy-Types, she wants to use both Psychic and Fairy Pokemon! The Pokemon she performs with are her clefairy and Galarian Ponyta, though she also has a Galarian Rapidash. Both drawings of her are old so excuse the quality 😅
sketch-1618173628465.png

sketch-1628445717207.png

Munna Jolie "M.J." Hoata is a beauty queen and model originally from the island of Melahi, but after her home was destroyed, she moved to Alola. She's rather stoic, though she loves surfing and her lavender garden. Her team is Sylveon, Vaporeon (her Vaporeon is a regional variant representing Vaporeon from the initial Red/Blue sprites), Primarina, Carracosta, and Shaymin, who she helped after it crashed into her garden.
sketch-1622857270521.png

sketch-1624761717812.png

sketch-1628187238426.png

Mila Fletcher is Kabu's apprentice and works at Motostoke Stadium as a Gym Trainer. Coming from a violent home of Fighting-Type Trainers, she learned to fight at a young age and grew to have a very short temper and aggressive personality, though Kabu is trying to change that. Her team is Talonflame, Turtonator, Rotom (heat), Volcarona, Arcanine, and Salazzle.
sketch-1628911731826.png

Carmen La Bamba, just known as La Bamba, is a passionate Flamenco dancer, learning all she knows from her great-grandmother, Madame La Bamba, as Carmen was the only girl in four generations of boys. Carmen puts 101% of her soul into her dancing and lives life to the fullest! Her team is Oricorio Baile x2, one standard and one shiny, Houndoom, Salazzle, Alolan Marowak, and Pyroar.
sketch-1631387996693.png

Finally, Emma Natalie comes from a broken home, eventually running away when her parents continually made fun of her art. She currently resides with Grimsley as a caretaker, but she was a Team Plasma sympathizer and was captivated by N to the point where she released her old team...and now she, still in love, seeks him out whilst also continuing her art. Her only team member is a Fennekin, though she used to have a Weavile, but N convinced her to release him.
sketch-1631559130393.png

sketch-1631733093863.png

Welp, that's all! I'll be updating this with some more stuff in the future when I feel confident enough in something to post it ^^

By the way, if y'all have spare time and are interested in my OCs, I'll be writing about them! You can find me on my A03 and my fanfiction account!

Last edited:
I felt pretty crappy yesterday and was going to draw something completely unrelated, but Maple is my comfort character so I decided to draw her instead. What was a simple sketch to practice profile views and sitting poses turned into a whole two-part thing, celebrating the love between my girl Maple and her Sawsbuck. Backgrounds still aren't my thing so I had to find them off google images, but it still looks...okay, I think.
sketch-1633732237609.png

sketch-1633781003916.png

This is also my first drawing of Maple in her alternate outfit! I just love this character so much 🥺

I felt pretty crappy yesterday and was going to draw something completely unrelated, but Maple is my comfort character so I decided to draw her instead. What was a simple sketch to practice profile views and sitting poses turned into a whole two-part thing, celebrating the love between my girl Maple and her Sawsbuck. Backgrounds still aren't my thing so I had to find them off google images, but it still looks...okay, I think.
View attachment 403124
View attachment 403125
This is also my first drawing of Maple in her alternate outfit! I just love this character so much 🥺
Omg cuuuuuute! These look great! I love the alternate outfit. 🥰

I don't usually fangirl about ships to others, let alone my own canon/OC ships, but Maple and Hop GIVE ME LIFE OMG I LOVE THEM 😭

Seriously, this was so fun to draw. I always have a great time drawing them together and I love this ship so much. I'm definitely going to do more of it in the future. As for now, I should give my other characters a chance 😅
sketch-1633818390774.png

your thread title is very misleading,, there’s no trash here whatsoever. 😤

xjkndmk no but fr, your art is fantastic!! you have such lovely ocs as well, and i definitely agree that drawing maple and hop together is very fun! <3

View attachment 403124
View attachment 403125
Oh my gosh, it's so sweet I think I'm going to cry. 😭😭😭

I drew a ref for my Deltarune OC, Aefentid Krowe! Originally an OC that I made to ship with Ralsei, because of course I did lmao. I have a whole sort of AU with her kingdom that I want to write about sometime!
sketch-1634316481938.png

Another Maddie, though I'm not that great at drawing her, or chubby characters in general, in her Halloween outfit! She wanted to be a vampire (so she could have an excuse to bite Leon lol), but ended up...in a Jigglypuff outfit. She doesn't think the crop top suits her, but she finds the sweatpants rather comfortable.
sketch-1634495373387.png

It’s been a while, but I’m here with a new Animal Crossing villager OC of mine, miss Clementine! She may or may not be my fursona (lol), and my friend and I affectionately refer to her as Raymond’s big gf or big gorl because of her size and the fact that we had been talking about Raymond when I was drawing her. I think it turned out well enough, especially with this being an experimental way for me to transition from drawing in my phone to drawing on my iPad, as I’m finally getting a new phone for Christmas.
739C3305-4896-4CC1-A9FC-5CA28BB99DC0.jpeg

It’s been a while, but I’m here with a new Animal Crossing villager OC of mine, miss Clementine! She may or may not be my fursona (lol), and my friend and I affectionately refer to her as Raymond’s big gf or big gorl because of her size and the fact that we had been talking about Raymond when I was drawing her. I think it turned out well enough, especially with this being an experimental way for me to transition from drawing in my phone to drawing on my iPad, as I’m finally getting a new phone for Christmas.
View attachment 409249

miss clementine has no right being that freakin’ adorable omg. i’d have her on my island in a heartbeat! 😍

sketch-1635907120138.png

Another drawing of Maddie! This one was purely based off of a dress I saw over homecoming weekend when I was getting my hair done (not for homecoming, lol, mine was the week before), and that girl was STUNNING. One look at the dress and I was like "yeah, that's a Maddie thing." Was originally thinking Maple, but Maple's more known for warm colors. And, as per usual, I don't know how to draw backgrounds so I pulled one off google x.x

I have one drawing left on my phone, and once I'm done with that, I'm going to try and transition fully to my iPad! My mom and I are checking out the phone I plan on switching to over my Thanksgiving/Fall Break at the end of the month, and if I decide I do want to switch, I definitely need to get drawing on the iPad. Now that my hectic major change is coming to an end, look forward to more stuff!

View attachment 409673
Another drawing of Maddie! This one was purely based off of a dress I saw over homecoming weekend when I was getting my hair done (not for homecoming, lol, mine was the week before), and that girl was STUNNING. One look at the dress and I was like "yeah, that's a Maddie thing." Was originally thinking Maple, but Maple's more known for warm colors. And, as per usual, I don't know how to draw backgrounds so I pulled one off google x.x

I have one drawing left on my phone, and once I'm done with that, I'm going to try and transition fully to my iPad! My mom and I are checking out the phone I plan on switching to over my Thanksgiving/Fall Break at the end of the month, and if I decide I do want to switch, I definitely need to get drawing on the iPad. Now that my hectic major change is coming to an end, look forward to more stuff!
I have no idea how you can draw so well on a phone! 😱

I have no idea how you can draw so well on a phone! 😱
I currently have the Galaxy Note 9, which is like a phone/tablet hybrid of sorts. I've been using the same drawing app for years, despite it not even being on the Google Play Store anymore 😅. I'm super stubborn, so transitioning to using Adobe Fresco on my iPad has been difficult for sure!

Wow, goomy made another heckin' villager OC, what a surprise 😅
cedebdbe-2f32-4e4c-baa7-0814792c90fc.png

This girlie here is Spice, whom I was inspired by Sasha's incredible design to create because I loved the idea of a sisterly rabbit villager! I absolutely adore her. I'm really digging the short hakama, too! This is more of an anthro style and not the traditional AC style, but I have to thank Sage-Tankuki on furaffinity for uploading the free-to-use reference! Super proud of this!

7950f066-d965-47ed-aa03-2a508a0af518.png

A sort of evolution of Spice, I suppose. I wanted her to be fluffy, but the last photo didn't represent that enough, so I redid it while using some lineart from Ostrokrzew on Deviantart as a reference...seriously, without the people offering free-to-use stuff, I'd be lost when it comes to anthro characters 😅
Maybe next time I'll ACTUALLY draw her in the AC style.

Back