• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Goomy's "It's Cheaper Than Therapy" Trash Heap

06B8B92E-4181-4017-BC67-FB543C2D7029.jpeg

I feel a lot of bitterness towards Rex because of her getting rejected like that, soI decided to draw Spice in an Animal Crossing style to try and cheer myself up. It was nice to draw her again.

EDIT: she got rejected from the subreddit and wasn't seen as a valid OC, so I'm probably going to delete this later. I just can't find the energy to do it right now, I'm too upset

ugh, i'm really sorry about that. i don't see how an oc could be invalid but some mods are sticklers, especially on reddit. your character has a great design and background story! don't give up or lose any love for her, she's awesome :D

363F982C-455F-4BE1-AB98-1B2D8B778311.jpeg

Rex is finished, this time in my crayon style again. I’m more of a fan of her rounder eyes than her more narrow “mature” ones. I’m really down this weekend, Saturdays are hard for me to get through and I’m still feeling a lot of shame from recent events, so expect more art as I try to cope.

Another writing that no one's going to read. I'm trying to get into Star Fox writing as a way to figure out to write this version of Rex, more specifically her relationships. As per usual, it does have some minor language warnings, but nothing too serious!
I made my way down the long hall of the ward, fuming. I’m fairly certain my coworkers could see the steam radiating from my red face. If one of the girls under me had a temperature as high as mine, I would have sent them home. But…it was different in my case. I had been perfectly fine until now. I just needed to go to the break room and get some water. I couldn’t tell if I needed it more to quench my burning thirst or my burning face. Though, lo and behold, when I expected the break room to be empty, I saw that Penny was there. Penelope Pacheco, my best friend, a blonde chihuahua who, despite her reputation of being a bit of an airhead, is a very skilled medic, known for her bright smile and big, brown eyes that can easily light up a room. I was just as surprised as everyone else upon first meeting her, trust me. At a whopping 4’ 10”, I have to admit that I laughed a little when I heard that she would be training me. Penny, upon seeing my red face, was concerned. As any medic would be.
“Rex…are you all right?” She asked, placing a paw on my shoulder. God, it still feels strange to see that. I’ve been here for almost a year now, but still can’t comprehend that I haven’t seen another human yet. I made jokes about being the only human on Corneria for a while, but now I’m genuinely starting to believe it. I just grabbed my water bottle, misting my face before taking a huge swig. At least I was less likely to catch on fire at this point.
“Penny, he requested me again! What’s his damage?” I asked, sitting down. Technically, I wasn’t supposed to be on break, but I needed to shape up before General Pepper saw me like this. Admittedly, the general has become a father figure to me. My own father leaving before I was born, it was an absurd experience. It would have been absurd to me even if he was human, but this just made it even stranger. But this wasn’t about General Pepper. This was about him. Surely he had some sadistic intentions.
“Oh my god! Rex, you need to ask him out! He keeps requesting you for a reason!” Penny squealed. I sighed. Seriously, whose idea was it to let patients request who they want to care for them?! I understand it for long-term patients who want to be cared for by their favorite medic and everything, but someone coming in for a mandatory health check? Absurd! Absolutely absurd!
“Oh, I can give you the reason, Penny! That damned McCloud finds pleasure in driving me crazy! As soon as I get told that someone in Exam Room A requested me, a part of me dies inside. I drag my feet down the hall, open the door, and see him in there, that smug look on his face. He calls me “nursey” in that smooth voice of his, knowing that I absolutely despise that nickname. Penny, for the whole damn health check he insists on relentlessly teasing me!” I said. Admittedly I was a bit pissy at the moment, if you couldn’t tell. I was always pissy when Fox McCloud was in the ward. General Pepper seems to like him for some reason. Admittedly, he’s a very skilled pilot. From what I learned, he’s carrying on his late father’s legacy…but it’s hard to live up to the legacy of a dead man when you keep bloody hurting yourself! Every single time he comes back for a post-flight health check, there’s always some blood I have to wipe up. As usual, I scold him, and as usual, he leans back on the exam table, kicks his dirty feet up, and tells me that it’s “all good.” That man finds delight in torturing me, but…I always blush when I see him. Am I really some kind of masochist? No, it must not be blushing. It has to be something else. I want to make up some kind of illness, but as a medic, it feels wrong to.
“Oh, Rex! You know that people like to tease each other when they’re in love. He obviously cares for you. It’s obvious that you like him,” Penny teased. My face started to grow red again. What is her problem? I never really grew up around a ton of girls. Back on my homeworld, Capulet, most kids near me were guys. The only real girl I hung out with was my good friend, Helen. Are all girls like this? Maybe I’m just oblivious. I know boys do stupid stuff when they have a crush on a girl, I’ve experienced this several times throughout my childhood, but come on, he’s an adult! Is he really hurting himself to get the special treatment? There’s no reason. Everyone has to get an incoming health check to even come into the ward. Not that he would like me anyway. That’s against basic biological rules! Our species evolved specifically to not be attracted to each other…I of all people should know that. I didn’t take advanced biology courses during my medical training for nothing! I mean, sure, we’re not cavemen anymore, but I believe we all still have the natural instinct to find partners suitable for procreation. I believe that even someone like me, who can’t have children, does. And it doesn’t take a biologist to realize that a human and a fox couldn’t conceive even if they tried.
“And why do you assume that?” I asked with a huff, unbuttoning a few buttons on my uniform top to let off some steam. Then again, Penny’s family was a lot more wholesome than mine was. The few times I was invited over to her house for some kind of celebration, I was culture shocked. The Pacheco family is genuinely one of the closest, most loving families I’ve ever met. Better than my own, at least. I almost died several times as a child and no one cared. Penny knew more about love than I did.
“Are you serious? What about all those drawings you have of him in your sketchbook? I couldn’t look at all of them, but I’m pretty sure you had one of him nak---”
“Those are for anatomical STUDY, Penny!” I shouted, my face growing red again. “You have to remember that I’m still learning here! My anatomy’s different than yours. He’s the only fox I’ve ever seen, how else am I supposed to study them? It’s not like he’ll just let me cut him in half.”
“I don’t know, with how much he seems to be into you, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d let you get pretty close!”
“ENOUGH!” I yelled, my voice cracking. In my defense, I had a point. Here on Corneria, I have to study the anatomy of a bunch of other species. Fox is the first of his kind that I met, so of course I based my sketches off of him! And of course I didn’t sketch it to look exactly like him. And no, I didn’t sketch in his reproductive organs. I already know what those look like. It’s not like Fox is the only guy I’ve based my sketches off of, anyway. Yeah.
“Why were you looking in my sketchbook, anyway?” I asked, raising a brow. If there was one of us who would be looking at sketches of reproductive organs, it would be Penny. Before she decided to go towards the military route, the told me she was studying to be an OB-GYN, so she knows more about ladies than she does gentlemen. It’s pretty rare that we get female patients with most of the military being guys and all, but when we do, Penny is immediately assigned to them. Though, it’s probably just because she wants to see my art. I shouldn’t judge her like that, after all. I know that I’ve had my…curiousity. N-Not with anyone here, of course! That would just be…absurd.
“Oh, I’m sorry, Rex. I didn’t mean to offend you or anything,” Penny said. I shook my head.
“No, Penny, it’s all right. You can look at it if you want to. It’s supposed to be for everyone to learn from, after all,” I said with a smile, looking at the book on the table. It was open to a different page, not one with a sketch of Fox on it, but rather a diagram of a heart. Considering this deathly subject of love that Penny and I were discussing, it seemed all too convenient. No, no. Something like this can’t be love! Penny and her silly ideas are just dancing around in my head! The heart is a physical thing, not emotional. Love being in the heart is all just a ruse. It was just a coincidence. I shook my head.
However, before either Penny or I could say something, there was a knock on the door and another medic called for me.
“Rex, Mr. McCloud says that he needs to ask one more thing of you before he leaves,” she said, making my face turn a bit red again as I took one last drink.
“What do you think he’s going to ask, Rex?” Penny said, her teasing tone back. I shrugged it off.
“Well, whatever it is, it’s probably not going to be important,” I said, fixing my hair before I opened the door, leaving the break room and making my way back to the cursed exam room.

06522EC8-47F9-410A-9777-B7C974AE406A.jpeg
I’ve decided to start a new series where I draw various wardrobe styles and pieces for my characters, starting with Rex because I’ve drawn her in so many different outfits already. I also wanted to experiment with a more tomboyish character since most of my others are so feminine. These are basic, sketchy, flat colored pieces just to show off their style, but I think it turned out okay. Next is Maple!

I also noticed that I’ve been portraying Rex as way too lanky lately. I may try to make some sketches to put her back in her thick glory lol

Last edited:
68b2017b-3f8a-4432-b6b2-d1f1b53c7333.png

MAPLE CLOTHES WOOHOO
I love designing outfits for this girl, her sense of style is super different from my own so it's fun for me to get creative with the themes I give myself! I really like the hot weather look and HER SYGNA SUIT OMG
Lol, I'm probably going to do either Munna or Maddie next, depending on whether I feel like doing super feminine or more chill/retro outfits.

45448227_8kKVRJwoDF8YvkE.jpg

I have been sick out of my mind with a sinus infection and stomach flu, but dangit I wanted to draw something so I updated Rex's abysmal early Pokémon reference sheet with new info! I changed her story quite a bit, as well as gave her a more varied team. Of course she has her Zoroark boyos, but I gave her an Alolan Ninetales, inspired by the lad I used in my Alola playthrough, Marshadow, who becomes a key player in her story (and come on those two would be best buddies), a shiny Zebstrika...just because, and a shiny Alcremie because I think she'd dig the gray color.

Actually, I'm working on giving my characters, this woman in particular some tweaking and perfecting, since I plan on holding another art contest to celebrate my 20th birthday on April 1st (🎉), and I may be giving out some cash money as prizes so look out for that later lmao

bro?? these are so good????? like this is literally the opposite of trash???????

Wow, goomy made another heckin' villager OC, what a surprise 😅
View attachment 412755
This girlie here is Spice, whom I was inspired by Sasha's incredible design to create because I loved the idea of a sisterly rabbit villager! I absolutely adore her. I'm really digging the short hakama, too! This is more of an anthro style and not the traditional AC style, but I have to thank Sage-Tankuki on furaffinity for uploading the free-to-use reference! Super proud of this!
also highkey want to draw this bunny lol she's so cute 🥺

ED0E6FEE-04A4-4E43-ADB2-6607E5EF7F91.jpeg

“Please you have like 500 other characters for the love of all that is holy please stop drawing Rex” my brain tells me as I continue to keep drawing rex
I wanted to draw her in some fun action girlboss poses, I actually took reference from some magical girl art, lol

8c6802c0-24ff-4916-b715-3c4aa7cab0db.png

I CAN DRAW CHARACTERS OTHER THAN REX I SWEAR I just wanted to make a piece showing how she has a scar on her shoulder (fox bit her lmao)
Yeah, I like using a more realistic style for Rex that doesn't really fit my other OCs. I've mainly just been drawing Rex because I've been having a really hard time getting back into Pokemon and Rex, being for Star Fox, is my only non-Pokemon OC other than my AC girls, but my next piece WILL either be me finishing the Maple piece, or a drawing of a new girl I started, but might finish for the purpose of selling, considering I just can't get into it anymore.

PNG image.png

Low quality iPad screenshot, but this is a sketch of a new girl. My mental health has been ebbing and flowing lately and I can’t find the strength to finish that Maple piece. I’ll get back to it later, probably. But this girl is Marina, based off of indigenous Siberians and originally made purely as a joke when my friend suggested a Russian Trainer with an entire team of bears. So…meet Marina! Originally developed as an OC for Legends..
but my opinion of that game made me immediately change my mind. So, I’m working on squeezing her story into modern times.

20B930C9-9E78-4CB5-A5D5-5934EA43027B.jpeg

still a screenshot, but Marina is finished! Once I get a proper team for her, I’ll be working on a trainer card. Ignore my crappy layering on the side, I’m still in the learning process 😅

I wanted to experiment with animation a bit more, so I made this simple blinking animation of Rex…for my first try and for experimenting with Photoshop for the first time, I like it! May try and make it my icon on here. ALSO YES I KNOW SHE HAS PURPLE ON HER HAND I’m just too lazy to fix it 😅
A0E33666-BFAF-4C3C-BDB1-9A7DE98DA6FE.gif

054392C0-CA04-44BD-8FE6-F352F38A248C.jpeg

The announcement of the newest Pokémon games had every single molecule of dopamine in my brain buzzing and I wasn’t really vibing with Maddie’s current design, so I decided to give her a redesign of sorts. This is just a concept, so some things may change, but I’ll see how much I like her when I draw her in the Pokémon style! 😊

7FEF5E7D-AFA3-48FA-83FB-862F62F0D4CF.jpeg
MAPLE IS STILL ALIVE I SWEAR
I was feeling pretty down today and overall not having a super great day, people don’t really like my concept design I shared, so I decided to draw my universally loved girl with her deer, lol. I love Maple’s new sygna suit design! Ofc the background isn’t mine, I’m not talented enough yet lol.

6E7BFE26-8901-4BD6-9131-F38F011B33AD.jpeg
Just kinda sloppily colored this girl and called it a day. She was honestly a nightmare to draw and I don’t know if I’ll keep her. I forgot stuff, yeah, but I’ve still been struggling to lift my spirits, so I don’t really care

Back