• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Goomy's "It's Cheaper Than Therapy" Trash Heap

3A8A0853-4197-45DA-AB1F-E62E0B1AE2C2.jpeg

maybe drawing a character I don‘t like during a time of hardship and sadness in my family was a bad idea, but here’s this girl I guess.

C5EBF593-07B6-4C55-A84E-4587647397C9.png

another stupid Rex sketch because she’s my depression character and my mood is incredibly low. This one is more developmental for her. I’ve been trying to portray Rex as accurately as I see her in my head, and this means finally not being lazy and drawing her real hair. In reality, her hair is naturally pretty curly/wavy, but I’m too incompetent to draw any hair but straight. I’ve been using the Youtuber/model Penny Tovar as my reference for her hair, and this sketch is closer, though it doesn’t have enough volume for my liking. Secondly, I’ve been working on a definitive eye shape for her. I still can’t decide if I like the more rounded look or the narrower one. Rex is actually mixed race, being European/Asian (more specifically Spanish and Korean in my mind, but actual country doesn’t matter, she’s a Star Fox OC ffs), so I want to give her an eye shape that shows off her mixed heritage. Yeah, girl is under some development atm

C2D983BF-BED7-4492-8775-3F48E8DC295D.jpeg

the crap continues! I tried two more of curly Rex, and of course the crappiest one is the one that I try more in my own style, on the far right. Regardless of how I feel, this one is probably going to be colored for the sake of using it as a reference on her toyhouse profile

IMG_0607.JPG

Finished this monstrosity. I'm really not happy with it...I just can't draw hair I guess.

This is probably going to be the last thing I post here. No one really cares and my art is a product of depression that I really shouldn't be showing off.

Last edited:
View attachment 433439
Finished this monstrosity. I'm really not happy with it...I just can't draw hair I guess.

This is probably going to be the last thing I post here. No one really cares and my art is a product of depression that I really shouldn't be showing off.
i don’t think this is a monstrosity at all. in fact, i think it’s really good! rex is super pretty as usual. it’s okay if you’re using art as a means to cope with/distract yourself from your depression and whatever’s going on in your personal life. your art is lovely, and drawing is an excellent healthy coping mechanism and hobby to have. it’s of course entirely up to you whether you continue to share your art or not, but i care about it and think it’s great. you’re talented, whether you believe that or not. 🧡

IMG_0663.jpg

Rex of the Day 3/31/32 because goomy is out of ideas and rex is my comfort character lmao

Yeah this gonna be a daily thing but I may not post all of them to tbt, only the ones I really like. And I really like this one which was totally not an excuse to show her butt in leggings what are you talking about

But seriously I really like the pose on this one! Tomorrow's may be something special (it my bday :lemon:)or not, depends on how I feel.

Today's Rex of the day may not be uploaded until tomorrow, as I'm busy with birthday stuff today...but I'm currently at the opera, and I'll say that the theme will be based off of Rex's original inspiration, Carmen!

78BA47DC-260F-4D60-B669-DE2F68F6B1F0.jpeg

lol what even is this
This is a sketch I just decided to finish since it was laying around ever since I designed my new girl. I have art that I owe people and I am legally not allowed to draw Rex until I finish it, so gotta get that done 😬

Back