Guaranteed Specific Personality Plot for Random Move-Ins

I updated the OP to make it easier to read and simplified the steps I followed.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! I would also love to hear anyone's success stories if they have tried this method as well. ^_^

Is it okay if I post the link to this thread on my thread about the mechanics of the mystery island RNG? I concluded that the chance to find Raymond on a mystery island with NMTs is very very low, and would like to direct people to this thread if they want a strategy that has a much higher chance.

Is it okay if I post the link to this thread on my thread about the mechanics of the mystery island RNG? I concluded that the chance to find Raymond on a mystery island with NMTs is very very low, and would like to direct people to this thread if they want a strategy that has a much higher chance.
Of course!! The more people who are aware of this, the better IMO! ^__^

I updated the OP to make it easier to read and simplified the steps I followed.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know! I would also love to hear anyone's success stories if they have tried this method as well. ^_^
So interestingly, after I finally got my one smug to move out, an uchi bought his empty plot. I might’ve done something wrong because after Curlos’s plot became empty, I TT’d back to the current day. I’m going to keep trying and see if I get any other instances of a non smug buying the plot.

So interestingly, after I finally got my one smug to move out, an uchi bought his empty plot. I might’ve done something wrong because after Curlos’s plot became empty, I TT’d back to the current day. I’m going to keep trying and see if I get any other instances of a non smug buying the plot.
Have you played with anybody at all recently? It could possibly be a voided villager you picked up. I noticed random move-ins take AWHILE to actually buy the plot, as opposed to voided villagers who almost immediately after a day has passed will buy up the plot.

EDIT: Also you need to have at least one of each personality type! If you were lacking an uchi, this would be why it didn't work.

Have you played with anybody at all recently? It could possibly be a voided villager you picked up. I noticed random move-ins take AWHILE to actually buy the plot, as opposed to voided villagers who almost immediately after a day has passed will buy up the plot.
Ah yes, I think it’s been a few days since my last trade but that’s probably what it is! Do you know if I TT her out, will I be safe to start the process again? Or do you think I could still have other voided villagers in my queue?

Edit: I did have one of each other personality type, so must’ve been from the void.

Ah yes, I think it’s been a few days since my last trade but that’s probably what it is! Do you know if I TT her out, will I be safe to start the process again? Or do you think I could still have other voided villagers in my queue?

Edit: I did have one of each other personality type, so must’ve been from the void.
You may actually be safe to TT her out. I think voided villagers in the queue only happens if you have multiple plots they can fill. I think it goes like this:
Example: You have eight villagers and visit two different people. You will have two voided villagers in your queue that you will need to move-in and kick out before getting random move-ins.

Last edited:
You may actually be safe to TT her out. I think voided villagers in the queue only happens if you have multiple plots they can fill. I think it goes like this:
Example: You have eight villagers and visit two different people. You will have two voided villagers in your queue that you will need to move-in and kick out before getting random move-ins.
Okay that is good to hear! I will TT her out and continue with the process!

When you have a camper, is it possible to buy a plot from tom nook and invite the camper to that plot? Rather than having the camper kick out your villagers? I currently have 8 villager plots. Also does kicking out a villager this way keep the previous villagers interior and exterior house? I heard it does this D:

When you have a camper, is it possible to buy a plot from tom nook and invite the camper to that plot? Rather than having the camper kick out your villagers? I currently have 8 villager plots. Also does kicking out a villager this way keep the previous villagers interior and exterior house? I heard it does this D:
Yes, it is possible to do this and highly recommended - let them move into an already open plot. I DO NOT recommend letting campers kick out your villagers, as I believe this is what messes up your void and gives others broken house plots!
I have no idea about the exterior/interior question as I have not had this happen to me - sorry. ):

Yes, it is possible to do this and highly recommended - let them move into an already open plot. I DO NOT recommend letting campers kick out your villagers, as I believe this is what messes up your void and gives others broken house plots!
I have no idea about the exterior/interior question as I have not had this happen to me - sorry. ):

Great! Thank you for answering my question :D though I am kinda bummed that I have to add another plot since I only wanted 8 villager plots xD

Is there a way to do this if you have a smug you want to keep but also want another smug?

Is there a way to do this if you have a smug you want to keep but also want another smug?
I don't believe so. The only reason this works is because the game automatically tries to fill in what personalities you lack with random move-ins. Since you already have a smug, it doesn't need to "fill it in" - so you will have to get lucky for a smug to randomly move in.

So useful! Bookmarking this for when I officially begin my search for Fang :3

I don't believe so. The only reason this works is because the game automatically tries to fill in what personalities you lack with random move-ins. Since you already have a smug, it doesn't need to "fill it in" - so you will have to get lucky for a smug to randomly move in.
I see, thank you for the quick answer! and thanks for this helpful guide!!!

I see, thank you for the quick answer! and thanks for this helpful guide!!!
No problem!! I'm just glad this guide is helping people. ^^

* * * * *​

Good news everyone! Voiding my villagers fixed my void - I'm no longer giving people broken plots (yay)! This makes me believe that kicking out villagers with amiibos or any campsite visitor will result in giving people you visit or host the broken house plot glitch.

I also noticed that the void is very strange in how it hands out voided villagers when I was testing to see if my void was still broken with my bf.

When I went over to my bf's island to test adopt one of his villagers (Knox), it was successful. I even had him come back to my island to see if Knox would break and result in the "I've moved out." glitch, since this was reported to have happened to others – which did not happen, a good sign! Note he has not kicked anyone out with amiibos or with regular campsite visitors.

My bf also got one of my previously voided villagers, Cherry, as a random move-in because I had visited him to test adopt Knox. However, I thought it was strange that he got Cherry since she was my third recent move-out: I had voided Cherry, then Phil, then finally Tammy before coming over to adopt Knox from him. Technically, Tammy was my most recent to move out, so I figured he would get her.

When I visited him again to pick up Raymond, however, he did not get another one of my voided villagers – he got a random one instead!

So:
* When I adopted Knox, he got my third recent move-out: Cherry.
* The next time I visited him (to adopt Raymond), he didn't get any of my voided villagers, despite not visiting or hosting in-between these two sessions. I thought he would get Phil this time, but he didn't. Maybe someone else can make sense of this?

@Calysis
Did you stop doing the process of moving out villagers? According to some there might be a number of days wherein the void clear itself.

@Calysis
Did you stop doing the process of moving out villagers? According to some there might be a number of days wherein the void clear itself.
Nope; I kept moving out villagers since I was making room for Raymond. After Tammy, I voided Colton so that Raymond could move in (which he did successfully btw). At that point, Phil was my third recent move-in, which made me think my bf would get him as a move-in. He didn't get anyone, though.

Also, I don't think that there is a number of days where the void clears itself. I had previously TT'd months in-game after voiding villagers (this was when I was trying to do the campsite trick to get Raymond to visit) and my bf still managed to get one of my previously voided villagers when I visited him to drop off some recipes.

I didn't TT as many months (probably days or weeks) in-between adopting Knox and Raymond from him, which is why I'm confused on what's happening here. Maybe the void keeps only one villager, but it will be your third most recent move-in if you have voided multiple villagers? Or maybe it somehow detects that I've already given him a voided villager in the queue of Cherry, Phil, and Tammy, so I have to give Phil and Tammy to someone else? Or maybe my void just clears afterward. No idea, I'd have to test this in someone else's game.

This definitely seems to be working for me! So far I've had two random move-ins, both smug:

1. Ken
2. Marshal

I really hope Nintendo does away with voided villagers. I would love to give Marshal away right now, but it would ruin the whole process if I picked up another voided villager.

Back