Guaranteed Specific Personality Plot for Random Move-Ins

I tried this process and got one of my preppies for move. On the day the plot was free, I TT’ed back to the current day and now it’s been taken by Pekoe, who is a normal villager ;-; So now I have 3 normal villagers nooooooo

But at least it’s a normal personality though because it’s one of the personalities I can stand though >•>

I guess I’m going to have to continue pushing another one of my villagers out.....

I tried this process and got one of my preppies for move. On the day the plot was free, I TT’ed back to the current day and now it’s been taken by Pekoe, who is a normal villager ;-; So now I have 3 normal villagers nooooooo

But at least it’s a normal personality though because it’s one of the personalities I can stand though >•>

I guess I’m going to have to continue pushing another one of my villagers out.....
Nooooo! Sounds like a voided villager for sure since they took the plot so quick. :~(

When I started the process, I had to TT out a voided villager I had picked up from a previous visitor, too (darn you annalisa, haha).

Please let me know how it goes after you get her out and you continue the method! As long as you had 9 villagers before she moved in (so 10 total villagers including Pekoe), I believe you should start getting your targeted "random" move-ins from now on - providing you're quarantining! ^_^

Nooooo! Sounds like a voided villager for sure since they took the plot so quick. :~(

When I started the process, I had to TT out a voided villager I had picked up from a previous visitor, too (darn you annalisa, haha).

Please let me know how it goes after you get her out and you continue the method! As long as you had 9 villagers before she moved in (so 10 total villagers including Pekoe), I believe you should start getting your targeted "random" move-ins from now on - providing you're quarantining! ^_^

Yeah, turns out Pekoe came from another person’s island who visited me several weeks ago to see Celeste...

...but hey, on the bright side, Pekoe gave me a cutting board recipe when we first met so shes staying for a while ^-^

Yeah, turns out Pekoe came from another person’s island who visited me several weeks ago to see Celeste...

...but hey, on the bright side, Pekoe gave me a cutting board recipe when we first met so shes staying for a while ^-^
That is awesome, cutting board recipes are super useful! How generous of her. ^^

I really like Pekoe, but she just didn't quite make the cut for my island ;;" Really wish we could add more villager plots, haha. Maybe future DLC. 🙃

I'd like to clarify something then since i'm just confused on a couple of things.
You would need to have all 7 personalities excluding the smug personality (which is 8 personalities in total available). So the villager in the campsite would have the smug personality that you're lacking on your own island. The only problem that i'm confused about is recruiting the camper if all plots are full. You would need all 10 plots to be full for this to work correct? Or would I need to use a second switch for this method to work?

This is how I got my Raymond last week, I gave up on the campsite/island hopping too.

Thanks for posting it for others.
That’s awesome! Just curious, did you have any repeat smug random move ins, or did everyone only show up once until you got Raymond?

That’s awesome! Just curious, did you have any repeat smug random move ins, or did everyone only show up once until you got Raymond?
It was Ed via campsite, he moved out, then Kidd moved in. Kidd left, then Graham was kicked out with amiibo. I believe after that Raymond moved in. They were never simultaneously in my town.

It was Ed via campsite, he moved out, then Kidd moved in. Kidd left, then Graham was kicked out with amiibo. I believe after that Raymond moved in. They were never simultaneously in my town.
Sorry I think my wording wasn’t very clear, I was actually wondering if it’s possible to have the same smug move in more than once before all smugs have moved in at least once. So for example, can you get Hans, then Kyle, then Hans again before seeing Marshal. Wondering if you do this 33 times you are guaranteed to have each smug move in, or if it’s more random. So far my data suggests the former, but I’m only up to 5 smug move-ins.

Sorry I think my wording wasn’t very clear, I was actually wondering if it’s possible to have the same smug move in more than once before all smugs have moved in at least once. So for example, can you get Hans, then Kyle, then Hans again before seeing Marshal. Wondering if you do this 33 times you are guaranteed to have each smug move in, or if it’s more random. So far my data suggests the former, but I’m only up to 5 smug move-ins.
It was clear, but I just don’t know considering that was my order and I found him quickly. There is no 16 villager cycle, but I know that mainly would apply to the NMT island and probably voided villagers from others

Got
It was clear, but I just don’t know considering that was my order and I found him quickly. There is no 16 villager cycle, but I know that mainly would apply to the NMT island and probably voided villagers from others
Gotcha! So far everyone seems to be finding their desired villager rather quickly, so I guess it makes sense that there’s not enough data on repeats as of yet.

I'll post this here as well for all you Raymond hunters:

My friend did the campsite hunt last night and found that when lacking a personality, about 50% of campsite spawns turned out to be smug for him. He also got no repeats in his hunt, and the 27th smug turned out to be Raymond. Took him half a day in real time though, and by the end of it, he had TTed all the way to 2022 in his game lol. I think he only had about 50+ entries though, so it would be interesting to have gotten more data...

His strategy was just be missing a smug. TT until a campsiter, if it's not Raymond, TT 6 days ahead and then day-by-day until a new campsiter, then rinse and repeat. And more importantly, spent only a couple NMTs at the beginning to make sure the slot was filled by a non Smug villager he thought he could later later. (eventually settled on Aurora after about 15 NMTs spent)

Gotcha! So far everyone seems to be finding their desired villager rather quickly, so I guess it makes sense that there’s not enough data on repeats as of yet.
I'll mention that I discovered that there's no repeats for the campsite method mentioned elsewhere/above (or at least a very, very low chance) - I gave my cyd away to a friend that reeeaallly loves him and I was hoping to find him again for myself, but I had no luck after a LOT of time and many many many campers. I had no repeats of villagers period, once I saw them in the campsite once I never saw them again. I was curious if it'd "reset" once I got through all the crankies (I believe I had yet to run into just a very small handful. I had been recording my results, but it was in a .txt file I kept open and forgot to save and my computer reset one night ><), or if I'd literally have to go through all possible villagers. but I got burnt out and gave up lol.

it'd make sense if it was the same with this method, and I'd be curious to find out. though I'm guessing a majority of people would never run into the repeat issue in the first place, because they never would've moved out their target villager haha.

If I'm understanding this method correctly, you really need 2 different plots to cycle out villagers? Because once a smug villager moves in, you'd have to cycle out another villager first since the smug one is the most recent. Then you could move out the smug when they become not the most recent. Is this correct?

If I'm understanding this method correctly, you really need 2 different plots to cycle out villagers? Because once a smug villager moves in, you'd have to cycle out another villager first since the smug one is the most recent. Then you could move out the smug when they become not the most recent. Is this correct?
That’s correct!

I'm not getting any campers in my campsite at all even though I'm lacking the smug personality on my island.

I'm not getting any campers in my campsite at all even though I'm lacking the smug personality on my island.
This method isn’t for getting campers, it’s basically forcing a house plot to become empty over and over so that it will be automatically occupied by whatever personality type your island is missing.

From my understanding, the campsite trick works similarly but it involves TTing months and months into the future because camper spawns are very infrequent.

I'd like to clarify something then since i'm just confused on a couple of things.
You would need to have all 7 personalities excluding the smug personality (which is 8 personalities in total available). So the villager in the campsite would have the smug personality that you're lacking on your own island. The only problem that i'm confused about is recruiting the camper if all plots are full. You would need all 10 plots to be full for this to work correct? Or would I need to use a second switch for this method to work?
As mentioned above by gldawn, this is not a thread for the campsite trick. I did not have very good luck with the campsite trick myself, which is why I began letting randoms move in and discovered it's like New Leaf in that the game automatically tries to fill your island with personalities you lack with random move-ins (what this thread is about).

I also believe that the campsite is a big reason as to why people are having glitched voids and giving others glitched house plots. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using the campsite to bring in villagers if you have to kick someone out for them. The campsite should not be an issue if you have an open plot for them to move into, though.
Sad so many people don't understand the point of this game.
The way that I view Animal Crossing is that there isn't a single point; there isn't a right way or a wrong way to play (hacking/exploiting aside), which is what makes the series so enjoyable for me! If the "point" for Animal Crossing for others is to build up their island and have their favorite villagers living with them on their island, then more power to them! They're enjoying the game just like everybody else, and that's all anyone can ask for in a video game. ^_^

But I believe I'm going off-topic - that's a discussion for another thread!
So what am I doing exactly wrong? How am I able to cycle out villagers
I tried to explain this the best I could in my OP, but I'll give it another shot:

You need two plots you don't care about: a cycle plot, and a target plot.

The reason why you need two plots is because it makes it easier to remove whoever was your most recent move-in (which is necessary for this method to work).
* I have heard that your most recent move-in can ask to leave, but it seems very rare; they may have to live there for a set amount of time before they can ask to leave (if someone could test this and see how long it takes before they will ask to leave, that would help immensely).

Example:

Chadder was my most recent move-in. I don't want him living on my island, but I've tried to TT him out and he does not ask me to leave! This is where the cycle plot comes into play. If a villager you don't care about (let's say Tipper) asks to leave, and you let them leave, this will prompt another villager to move into their old plot and become the most recent move-in. In this scenario, this would allow Chadder to ask to leave the next time a villager wants to move out without having to wait a set amount of time: another villager moved into Tipper's old plot and became the most recent move-in.

So basically, if you're trying to target a smug villager like Raymond:

1. Chadder (smug) moves into your target plot. He is the most recent villager to move in. He may never ask to leave until an unknown amount of time.

2. Tipper (snooty) wants to move. You don't care for her. You give her permission to leave when she asks to move away. She leaves. This is the cycle plot.

3. Someone else moves into Tipper's old plot (the cycle plot): it's Bob. You don't care for Bob, either (you monster!). Since Bob is the most recent to move-in, he may not ask to leave for an unknown amount of time.

4. Chadder can now ask to leave since he is no longer the most recent move-in. He asks to leave! You let him. He leaves.

5. Someone else moves into Chadder's old plot (the target plot). It's a smug, but not who you were targeting. You are now back at step 1.

* * * *​

Please let me know if it's still not clear! I'll try my best to make it easier to understand. ;v;'

Back