Guaranteed Specific Personality Plot for Random Move-Ins

How many days did you quarantine your game? how many villigers in are voids? I trade or visit someome everyday. I dread thinking how many void villigers will move in.

How many days did you quarantine your game? how many villigers in are voids? I trade or visit someome everyday. I dread thinking how many void villigers will move in.
I believe up to three of *your* voided villagers will remain in your void. This is different than voided villagers received from others.

When it comes to voided villagers from others, I believe you can have up to three in your void queue.

It doesn't matter how many days you quarantine until you begin the process, with my testing. Quarantining does nothing for voided villagers already given to you by others. You need to move them in before you get randoms.
If you visited or hosted people at all, you likely have at the very least one voided villager in your queue waiting to move in.

Last edited:
I'm just confused about getting 2 available plots then since any unclaimed plot nook would sell to a random villager and my island already has 10 villagers. I can only kick out one at a time and the next day the plot will get taken?

I'm just confused about getting 2 available plots then since any unclaimed plot nook would sell to a random villager and my island already has 10 villagers. I can only kick out one at a time and the next day the plot will get taken?
Sorry if my wording is confusing, but you don't need 2 open plots at the same time. You're supposed to kick out one at a time and let somebody move in each time.

The entire point of having two plots/villagers you don't care about is to change up who is your most recent villager. This allows you to kick out that villager that moved in that you don't care for but they never ask to leave.

If you rely on kicking out the same plot each time, it will take a long time because the most recent villager to move in almost never asks to leave. I believe they have to live on your island for a set amount of time before they ask to leave, but honestly I don't know for sure.

Chadder is your most recent villager and moves into an open plot. He likely will not ask to leave for a long time, if he asks at all. You can't move him out via TT because he never asks. You're stuck in a cycle of TTing one day at a time and every other villager you have asks to move except Chadder.

If you want to try this trick without cycling two plots (just kicking out only one villager and keeping your other 9 villagers), you can do so and report back. I had awful luck doing that though, which is why I came up with this method of using two plots.

Hi! I'm debating giving this method a try when I run out of tickets for island hopping. Just wondering whether it's actually necessary to cycle between multiple plots when trying to force out the most recent villager. Isn't it completely random which villager asks you to leave? My method of forcing villagers out is to find a date when someone asks to move out, then TT back and forth between present day and that date. I always find someone wanting to move out on that date, and haven't had trouble in the past with getting a recent move in to want to leave, it's just seems like a 1 in 10 chance. Although I haven't tried it specifically with this method where I repeatedly want the most recent move in to leave.

Lastly, just wondering when you did this method how frequently you go a smug villager to move in when that was the only personality you were missing. Is it 100%, or just more frequently than normal?

Hi! I'm debating giving this method a try when I run out of tickets for island hopping. Just wondering whether it's actually necessary to cycle between multiple plots when trying to force out the most recent villager. Isn't it completely random which villager asks you to leave? My method of forcing villagers out is to find a date when someone asks to move out, then TT back and forth between present day and that date. I always find someone wanting to move out on that date, and haven't had trouble in the past with getting a recent move in to want to leave, it's just seems like a 1 in 10 chance. Although I haven't tried it specifically with this method where I repeatedly want the most recent move in to leave.

Lastly, just wondering when you did this method how frequently you go a smug villager to move in when that was the only personality you were missing. Is it 100%, or just more frequently than normal?
Yes, it's random which villager will ask to move out. However, I mentioned in my post that I had awful luck and honestly can't remember a circumstance where my most recent move-in requested to leave naturally, which is why I suggested cycling between two plots. Having two plots also doubles your chances that someone you want to leave will ask, which (imo) speeds up the process.

My boyfriend has successfully had his most recent move-in to request to leave before, but he had also TT'd at least a month forward, so it is possible; it just seems super rare for some reason. It's also why I suggested that there may be a time frame before your most recent move-in will ask to leave, although I'm not positive on that.

Feel free to use only one plot and keep moving out the same plot if you have luck with it! It'd also be great if you report back and let us know if you were successful and if the process was relatively quick. ^_^

Pertaining to your final question, it was a 100% success rate. Every villager I got was smug.

Yes, it's random which villager will ask to move out. However, I mentioned in my post that I had awful luck and honestly can't remember a circumstance where my most recent move-in requested to leave naturally, which is why I suggested cycling between two plots. Having two plots also doubles your chances that someone you want to leave will ask, which (imo) speeds up the process.

My boyfriend has successfully had his most recent move-in to request to leave before, but he had also TT'd at least a month forward, so it is possible; it just seems super rare for some reason. It's also why I suggested that there may be a time frame before your most recent move-in will ask to leave, although I'm not positive on that.

Feel free to use only one plot and keep moving out the same plot if you have luck with it! It'd also be great if you report back and let us know if you were successful and if the process was relatively quick. ^_^

Pertaining to your final question, it was a 100% success rate. Every villager I got was smug.

Thanks! So I just started trying this. My current villagers are

Fauna (normal)
Beau (lazy)
Walker (lazy)
Audie (peppy)
Judy (snooty)
Agnes (sisterly)
Chief (cranky)
Bill (jock)
Phoebe (sisterly)
Kidd (smug)

I got Kidd to move out. On the day after his plot became empty, Tom Nook sold it AND there was a campsite villager. The campsite villager was Lopez (smug) but the move-in to the empty plot was Freckles (peppy). Any idea what happened here? Maybe the game includes anyone in the campsite when checking to see if you're currently missing any personalities?

Thanks! So I just started trying this. My current villagers are

Fauna (normal)
Beau (lazy)
Walker (lazy)
Audie (peppy)
Judy (snooty)
Agnes (sisterly)
Chief (cranky)
Bill (jock)
Phoebe (sisterly)
Kidd (smug)

I got Kidd to move out. On the day after his plot became empty, Tom Nook sold it AND there was a campsite villager. The campsite villager was Lopez (smug) but the move-in to the empty plot was Freckles (peppy). Any idea what happened here? Maybe the game includes anyone in the campsite when checking to see if you're currently missing any personalities?
I'm almost certain that you picked up a villager from someone's void since the plot was sold super quick and you already have a peppy. I've noticed that the plots will take awhile to be sold to a random move-in when you have no one in your void.

I'm almost certain that you picked up a villager from someone's void since the plot was sold super quick and you already have a peppy. I've noticed that the plots will take awhile to be sold to a random move-in when you have no one in your void.

Ahhh, okay! I thought the glitch was fixed where you could pick up a villager from someone's void in v1.2.0? Or is this an intended feature still? I guess I can just force someone else out and try again?

Ahhh, okay! I thought the glitch was fixed where you could pick up a villager from someone's void in v1.2.0? Or is this an intended feature still? I guess I can just force someone else out and try again?
Picking up voided villagers from others has always been intentional. What was fixed was the glitched "I've moved out." house plots that people were receiving from others, either by adopting villagers or just visiting/hosting. ^^

I believe you may be in the clear of voided villagers, so you should start getting random move-ins now.

Just wondering if anyone had to clear their void out before doing the move in trick and how long that took. I've gotten four new move-ins which have been from my void (most of them have introduced themselves by telling me the name of the island they're from), and I just want to know how many villagers I can expect to have to clear out of there. I've traded with lots of strangers and hosted turnips and giveaways before, so just a bit worried that I'll be at this forever until I can get actual smug move ins.

Just wondering if anyone had to clear their void out before doing the move in trick and how long that took. I've gotten four new move-ins which have been from my void (most of them have introduced themselves by telling me the name of the island they're from), and I just want to know how many villagers I can expect to have to clear out of there. I've traded with lots of strangers and hosted turnips and giveaways before, so just a bit worried that I'll be at this forever until I can get actual smug move ins.
My bf had to move in four from me (rip) before he got any randoms to move in. You may get lucky and only have a few villagers in your void, though!

Last edited:
Hey all! I got Raymond today using this trick and the campsite trick, so I just thought I would share notes in case they help someone else.

• I had to clear out my void first. I've done a lot of trading (my recent encounters in the switch "add friends" section has hundreds of people from the past week), so I ended up having 4 villagers come out of the void to fill the empty plots. I knew these were from the void because when they moved in, they would say a line about their old island. This wasn't too time consuming but since I didn't know in advance how many were in there, I was worried I'd be clearing it out forever.
  • I ended up cycling through 2 extra plots when trying to force out the new smug villager. Also want to note that I used an amiibo card to force out the smug one every time. It's annoying to complete their tasks but I felt that naturally forcing out one of the cycle plot villagers first would be more tedious.
  • You can do this method simultaneously with the campsite method! Between having to TT to clear the old villager's plot and waiting for Tom Nook to fill the vacant plot (this took between 4-6 days for me on average, but up to 12 days in one case), I often got at least 1 or two villagers in the campsite. Maybe only doing the campsite method would be faster, but I'm not sure. I liked that the move-in method in this thread guarantees a smug villager. I got no repeats in the campsite or move-ins, but there was small overlap between the two methods
Move-ins:
1. Zell
2. Chops
3. Eugene
4. Tex
5. Beardo
6. Hippeux
7. Keaton
8. Quillson

Campsite:
1. Zell
2. Ed
3. Kyle
4. Wade (lazy)
5. Kid Cat (jock)
6. Julian
7. Kody (jock)
8. Merry (peppy)
9. Pietro
10. Rex (lazy)
11. Colton
12. Bianca (peppy)
13. Klaus
14. Rodney
15. Leopold
16. Marshal
17. Ike (cranky)
18. Graham
19. Rhonda (normal)
20. Kabuki (cranky)
21. Chadder
22. Ken
23. Raymond

• My sample size for the move-in method is really small, so I can't comment on whether or not you can get repeats.
  • My only comment is that if you're going to do this method, you should absolutely be checking the campsite every time there's a visitor as well. I naturally got all 23 of those campsite visitors while TTing to force out villagers and fill their plots, and actually ended up getting Raymond from the campsite instead of a move-in. Also, be patient because the move-ins go slowly. It took me about 10 hours to cycle through the campsite and move-in villagers I listed above. But when you consider there's only 33 smug villagers, it seems very worth it to me.

Currently doing this method without amiibo is a little painful but just wanted to say thanks to the TC for shedding light on this. Like the post above, it works well since you get campsite visitors pretty regularly.

I’m on my 5th smug random move-in and there’s no repeats so far (I wish I would have taken note of which campsite visitors I got). So for anyone still skeptical about this, it definitely seems to work.

I tried out this method over 2 days trying to get Raymond, it probably went rly slowly for me compared to others as I've never cycled villagers before (and was a non-TTer before NH haha). It took hours and hoursss to move ppl out and I swear audie and diana combined accounted for two thirds my requests to leave... the two i want to keep and don't have amiibos of loool

anyway i got klaus (random move) -> lionel (campsite) -> tad (campsite) -> midge (random move in, bc I screwed up and let my only normal leave lmao) -> curlos (campsite) -> coach (campsite) -> jacques (random move in) -> marshal (campsite).

At which point I figured I'd pick Marshal up and probably auction him before resuming the Raymond search... but y'all... y'all. When I met him I was like, he's even cuter in game, it's gonna be a little hard to let go of him... and then when I saw his house.... that just finished me. 😂 It's coffee themed... I'm a coffee fanatic and i JUST made a cafe on my island... and he was playing my favorite KK song, K.K. Bossa 😭

Soo... Marshal is here to stay. Strangely, shortly after he moved in I got Chadder in my campsite, but that was probably just weird RNG. I'm actually happy with how this turned out, I'm still dead set on having a cat on my island but there are others i honestly like just as well as Raymond ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you for posting this method OP!

Hey I just wanted to say with this method. It took me a day to kick out 2 villagers in order to fulfill the 7 types of villager besides smug. And tadah! I got Marshal! I would continue to hunt for Raymond though :3

So I’ve been doing this method for the last 3 days straight. It’s been working but slowly. I’m currently stuck where it’s the same 3/4 (older villagers) that ask to leave and the newer ones aren’t budging. It’s very frustrating.
Post automatically merged:

And I spoke to soon. Finally. I logged in again and a camper was there, RAYMOND! My search is over!

Last edited:
Yay! I'm so glad so many people are having success stories with both the campsite method and the move-in method! ^_^

I'll be editing my OP in awhile to reflect that this method works very well with the campsite method also. Previously, there was a bug that was preventing campers to spawn for me (literally had TT'd months ahead with no camper!) which is why I struggled with it so much. Since campers are more common/fixed now, it's definitely worth it to do both methods at once when searching for specific personality types / villagers. ^_^

Back