• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

Is there a way to up the item limit? My cafe yells at my I cannot place any more items but I want too >.<

Sadly there does not appear to be. No matter the room size, the limit is the same. Jinglefruit did a blog post about this a while back; when I get home tonight I'll dig it up. I hit the limit on the main floor of my office, in a classroom, and in my caf?. I had to figure out what I could afford to ditch and what I needed to keep/still had to add. :/

Do you guys think I'll be able to trade series 1 amiibo cards for ones in later series, or will everyone have gotten everything they want from series 1 by the time the other ones come out? I've somehow ended up with more cards than I was planning on, but there's not all that many in series 1 that I actually like that well...

Do you guys think I'll be able to trade series 1 amiibo cards for ones in later series, or will everyone have gotten everything they want from series 1 by the time the other ones come out? I've somehow ended up with more cards than I was planning on, but there's not all that many in series 1 that I actually like that well...

I was debating this myself. I'm not sure honestly

I was debating this myself. I'm not sure honestly

I'm betting you'll have opportunities. When the various cultural winter holiday observances hit, there will likely be another wave of people starting to play HHD. This is purely speculative on my part, but what better time to release a new series of cards? (either then, or early in 2016). So there will possibly be a combo of new players (looking for series 1) and new cards. So...maybe this will lead to inter-series trading? Again, that's just me being speculatey and this is not supported by fact.

I'm betting you'll have opportunities. When the various cultural winter holiday observances hit, there will likely be another wave of people starting to play HHD. This is purely speculative on my part, but what better time to release a new series of cards? (either then, or early in 2016). So there will possibly be a combo of new players (looking for series 1) and new cards. So...maybe this will lead to inter-series trading? Again, that's just me being speculatey and this is not supported by fact.

Makes a lot of sense though, I didnt even think about new players for the holidays. You're probably right. I am curious if NA will even see series 2 before the holidays.

i'm seeing people talk about connecting to the happy home network and participating in competitions, how do i do this?

i'm seeing people talk about connecting to the happy home network and participating in competitions, how do i do this?

1.) have your game updated to version 2.0
2.) complete enough of the tutorial to unlock the HHN computer. I think its after the first wave of buildings and a few villager homes.
3.) connect to the internet and see the HHN ui, Challenges (contests) are on the top right.

About the challenges - everyone who participates get's the new items. Voting period is 2 weeks and the winners are showcased for a few weeks. No other prizes are announced yet as far as I know.

1.) have your game updated to version 2.0
2.) complete enough of the tutorial to unlock the HHN computer. I think its after the first wave of buildings and a few villager homes.
3.) connect to the internet and see the HHN ui, Challenges (contests) are on the top right.

About the challenges - everyone who participates get's the new items. Voting period is 2 weeks and the winners are showcased for a few weeks. No other prizes are announced yet as far as I know.

thanks fink :) i keep closing the update notification so i should probably think about not doing that..

Does anyone know who unlocks the changing room or the PWP fountain?

Does anyone know who unlocks the changing room or the PWP fountain?

To add to the wisdom of the mighty KitchenWhisk, I got the changeroom from Bangle with her zazzy animal-print shop. I'm guessing the dept. store upgrade might provide it too? But I might be lyin' like a rug.

Hiya,

I apologize in advance if these have been asked and answered, but please, if you know the answer, i would really appreciate the help.

1. How do i pick multiple items from the catelogue? So for instance, if want to pick 4 of the same chairs because i am doing a dining room, do i have to choose one, close, choose again? Seems like there should be a short cut.

2. What are all the clothes for when you design a villager's house? Are they only for display or can i actually put a villager in it?

3. Once you finished building a project or a villager house, can you go back and tinker with it and keep modifying it?

Thx for entertaining my newbie questions, any help would be appreciated!

Hiya,

I apologize in advance if these have been asked and answered, but please, if you know the answer, i would really appreciate the help.

1. How do i pick multiple items from the catelogue? So for instance, if want to pick 4 of the same chairs because i am doing a dining room, do i have to choose one, close, choose again? Seems like there should be a short cut.

2. What are all the clothes for when you design a villager's house? Are they only for display or can i actually put a villager in it?

3. Once you finished building a project or a villager house, can you go back and tinker with it and keep modifying it?

Thx for entertaining my newbie questions, any help would be appreciated!

1. Hold R or L while tapping on the furniture you want copied, and it pop up near the original furniture.

2. When designing a villagers house, you can use it to decorate or to customize furniture. The only time you can put them in clothing is when you visit. Drag the animal you want to change near the trash can onto the clothing tap that will pop up and choose away! Their clothing will stay until you change it and the villager will wear it on the town.

3. Yup! Just go to visit and select Deluxe Remodel (only redo the furniture, not the layout/location) or the other option will allow you to change location and layout. The furniture you already put in will stay the same when you choose those options if you just want to add or remove something, but you can redo completely by getting rid of everything first.

Hope this helps!

1. Hold R or L while tapping on the furniture you want copied, and it pop up near the original furniture.

2. When designing a villagers house, you can use it to decorate or to customize furniture. The only time you can put them in clothing is when you visit. Drag the animal you want to change near the trash can onto the clothing tap that will pop up and choose away! Their clothing will stay until you change it and the villager will wear it on the town.

3. Yup! Just go to visit and select Deluxe Remodel (only redo the furniture, not the layout/location) or the other option will allow you to change location and layout. The furniture you already put in will stay the same when you choose those options if you just want to add or remove something, but you can redo completely by getting rid of everything first.

Hope this helps!

Thank u so much!

this might be a pretty obscure question but maybe someone knows... On HHN I've noticed there seems to be a couple different kinds of cars besides the car you get if you share data with Nintendo, but all the players that's had them are Japanese. Does anyone know if they're like a Japanese only thing, or can everyone unlock them? I really want those cars lol

this might be a pretty obscure question but maybe someone knows... On HHN I've noticed there seems to be a couple different kinds of cars besides the car you get if you share data with Nintendo, but all the players that's had them are Japanese. Does anyone know if they're like a Japanese only thing, or can everyone unlock them? I really want those cars lol

There's the regular car (which I believe is the one you mention), which is customisable in several colours, then there's the Gracie car, which looks like a convertible and is unlocked by Sparro. It's also customisable. I'm not aware of any others (other than Isabelle's scooter), unless the 7-11 horse comes with one as well. Can anyone confirm whether there are other cars?

There's the regular car (which I believe is the one you mention), which is customisable in several colours, then there's the Gracie car, which looks like a convertible and is unlocked by Sparro. It's also customisable. I'm not aware of any others (other than Isabelle's scooter), unless the 7-11 horse comes with one as well. Can anyone confirm whether there are other cars?

ohh I didn't even consider that the regular car could be customized. That's probably what I was seeing. Ty lol

Who's hiding the insect furniture from me? It's my favorite set in the game, but all I have is the hideous wallpaper T_T

I apologize if this has been answered already but how exactly do I go back and update/redecorate the interior of a public works project? I know how to do it for residents but I'm completely lost when it comes to the buildings on main street. Any help? ):

Also, FYI I haven't unlocked every public building yet. Could that have something to do with it?

Last edited:
Back