• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Has anybody ever said you were too old to play Animal Crossing?

a lot of people said that to my face online and I'm not that super old at all. I seen and met more older people then kids who plays ACNL, and also couple of people called me a freak, so I barely tell my age online.

Last edited:
a lot of people said that to my face online and I'm not that super old at all. I seen and met more older people then kids who plays ACNL, and also couple of people called me a freak, so I barely tell my age online.
Wow... Why are some people so mean?I cannot believe people have called you a freak too. How awful!Do not listen to people like that. They don't know what they're talking about!Animal crossing is a game for people of all ages to play for sure. Is it childish just because of the cute animal villagers?If that is so,that's just ridiculous.AC is a relaxing game that everyone should be able to enjoy no matter their age. You are not a freak so don't worry about them.

I've never had anyone call my interests in games like Pokemon or AC childish. But that's probably because I don't talk to people very much. And I wouldn't bring up my interests in conversation unless we were like close friends because I don't want to listen to the 'You are too old for this' nonsense.

Wow... Why are some people so mean?I cannot believe people have called you a freak too. How awful!Do not listen to people like that. They don't know what they're talking about!Animal crossing is a game for people of all ages to play for sure. Is it childish just because of the cute animal villagers?If that is so,that's just ridiculous.AC is a relaxing game that everyone should be able to enjoy no matter their age. You are not a freak so don't worry about them.

I've never had anyone call my interests in games like Pokemon or AC childish. But that's probably because I don't talk to people very much. And I wouldn't bring up my interests in conversation unless we were like close friends because I don't want to listen to the 'You are too old for this' nonsense.

yeah only few ppl said that this game is for all ages and I can tell because I'm friends with a lady in her 60s on ACNL and she is so nice. She likes helping other ppl, like hybrids, cataloging stuff, and like helping ppl feel better.
I'm also friends with dudes who are in their 20s which is normal for me. But anyways yeah that's why I block a lot of girls on the islands because ik they're going to be rude and they're just annoying and mean to me, so that's why I'm friends with most boys and not girls. Right now my BFF chat is almost full with a lot of boys and barely girls.

Last edited:
Nope, but I do feel older because I see so many people under 18 playing :)

I'm actually a bit surprised no one has said anything like that to me. I'm 29 but look like I'm in my early-mid 30's and I often bring my 3DS to the high school where I work and play during lunch time. Mostly, the other staff members seem surprised (but not in a bad way) and the kids think it's cool and want to talk about gaming. Sadly, most of my students mostly play Mario games and Monster Hunter which I'm not really into, but at least we all like Pokemon! I'm trying to convince some of them to try Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei and Rune Factory, but it's a work in progress. Haha!

Last edited:
My boyfriend always tells me that I'm 5 when I play it/talk about it haha. It doesn't really bother me much though because like the others have said, I usually meet people that're 16+ playing it, sometimes much older than that. (Plus, I've finally convinced him to get it when it comes out on the switch to play it with me, so HA.) Also my brother is 25 and used to play New Leaf, I'm not sure if he still does. He's the one that introduced me to Animal Crossing in the first place when it came out on the GameCube.

I feel bad for anyone whose been told they were too old for Animal Crossing. I just turned 39 and I still play New Leaf. I started with Animal Crossing on the Game Cube in my 20's. There is no max age on a game. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

The game says for ages 7+, not 7-10. :p

Yeah, i bring it up to people and a lot of them go "oh uhh, isnt that the game 13 year olds play?"

Idk. I always reccomend it tho, no matter how old :))

I always say Animal Crossing is an all ages game and there is no age limit on it. I enjoy it and find it relaxing after a long day at college and at work.

Only on the internet, haha. Haven't been told it IRL. :blush:

I'm gotten criticized for liking Nintendo games more than more M rated games, but I really don't care I still love them. A game is a game :)

Never met a person who said that I would be too old for the game. And even if I would ever met
someone who would tell me something like this, then I wouldn't care. After all, people complain
about stuff like this should mind their own business.

Fortunately I have friends and family that are understanding about my interests and even though they don't entirely get AC they would never call me childish for enjoying it :D

No one has ever told me that but it's always in the back of my mind. I'm sure people think it but thankfully no one has verbalized it. Not that I would really mind.

A lot of my friends who don't play animal crossing comment that I'm playing a game for little kids :') Mostly because they search up AC on google, see the graphics and assume it's made just for kids. I don't really care cause I have no intention to stop playing, but it gets kinda annoying when people I know judge smth I like without really knowing what it's about :x

my mom indirectly has. she said it's a kid's game, even though she's seen some of it and she liked what she saw. i don't know if she still thinks it's a kid's game

Yes, my colleagues at work and family. Some understand because they play, but some don?t get it at all.
I?m a teacher, and so most of my colleagues don?t understand playing video games at all.
But I can relate to my students about playing video games then :p

all the time lol. basically everyone around me has xbox and playstation games and calls animal crossing a kids game, but it doesn't bother me. if i'm playing a kids game, at least im having fun. it's a relaxing sweet game so i might as well play it rather than something i don't like just to impress friends...

Back