have you ever fallen into cacti?

has nature ever pricked you hardcore?

• Total voters
No, but I kept house cacti as a kid and had one with very soft, fine needles that would stick in your skin with the slightest pressure, so naturally I touched it every single day and would then pull out the needles one by one. I don't remember the exact variety of cactus but I remember it was my favorite.

Okay so my neighborhood is adjacent to this walking trail that goes through most of the city. When I had to take long phone calls, I used to go for a walk down the trail and eventually find myself wandering up a nearby open hill to hop around on the low rocks up there. One day I realized that there were a bunch of small, flat cacti scattered around just coming straight up out of this field, completely steppable.

Of course I came home and told my roommates that there were a bunch of cacti growing in a field by our house, but they were incredulous because none of us had ever seen one in our city and they aren’t considered native to the area. Finally one of them volunteered the statement “well….I believe that YOU believe you saw a cactus.”

A few months later a different roommate fell down on the hill and had to remove cactus spikes from her back end. Roommate 1 conceded he had been wrong, but it didn’t do our friend much good!

I've never fallen into cacti, not many cacti in the areas I've been.

I have, however, gotten really caught in thorny wild black raspberry and blackberry bushes. Not fun. But ig worth it, because free berries.

Back