have you ever fallen into cacti?

has nature ever pricked you hardcore?

• Total voters
I’ve only seen some in real life that one time I visited Arizona and that was from a distance, so too far to accidentally fall into it. Seems like it would hurt though.

I touched one out of curiosity as a child and immediately regretted it.

Nope, but I have actually seen grown cacti where I get my Pumpkins at every Halloween since 2015.

Nope!
My grandma had a ton of prickly pear cactus (I think is that is what they are called) that had super long needles. She would cover them in the winter with plastic and they lived year after year no problem. She grew them in this rocky area right up against the house. Never knew cactus could live in my state but they can. She had them for a long time and just really liked them. She was kinda sad about how she had to move out and the people who bought the house decided not to keep them. I don't know how slow they grow, but I'd imagine it took a long time to get as many as she did.
Falling into those would be a nightmare for sure.

Oh my god? That sounds so painful
I've been near cacti a lot since I live in an area where there are a bunch but whaaaaat. That sounds painful!!!

no, thankfully not! i don’t even think i’ve actually seen one in person except for the nopales at grocery stores

i’ve tripped over the smaller ones outside, but i’ve never fully fallen into a large cactus! and i really hope that won’t change going forward lmao

main-qimg-4bb5606e8214720aadec3a.jpg

cholla cactus

Yes,I fell into a cactus and then I ate it.

I live in Arizona and cacti are everywhere.The only time I got stuck by one was when I was a kid and I somehow got tangled up with a cholla cactus which is sometimes called a jumping cholla because the spiny bits come off very easily and hook themselves on to anything or anyone in close proximity.

Yes lol i once fell into them in a display in a zoo when i was 5 or 6 🥲 it was a small one but i remember being so upset i got a stuffed toy out of it lol worth it

no, i can't even think of a scenario in which i would've ever had the potential to do so lol

Fortunately I've been nowhere near a cactus in my life, so there's never been an opportunity for me to fall into one, let alone touch one, lol. I'd definitely be careful if I was ever around one, though!

Nope I don't think I have. Though I have fallen into a patch of sand burs.. probably not as bad but ouch.

I haven't been around much cacti but falling into them sounds horrible

Back