Homosexuality: Unnatural?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mino said:
Bacon Boy said:
Mino said:
I'm fairly certain he did right it down, this clearly was prepared. I'm not sure what sort of evidence he would've cited, though. Most of his arguments were based on logic and reasoning.
Well proposed argument, however, I still don't like the fact that he only seemed to be targeting Christians in that fault, whilst there are other religions that treat homosexuality worse than Christians do.
He's talking about the argument "homosexuality is unnatural". He says it's made by "Christians, conservatives, and conservative Christians." He's targeting the argument, which is indeed made by those groups.

As for other religions, the same arguments put forward by Christians (and others in religions based in Christianity, Mormonism comes to mind) are also put forward by Muslims. In fact, the Abrahamic religions are the only major religions that seem to have a problem with homosexuals, and outside of the Orthodox sect you'll be hard-pressed to find an anti-gay Jew. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by saying that Christians don't treat homosexuals as badly as other religions, as that does absolutely nothing to excuse the way that they do treat them. You'd also do well to look up some of the laws, made by Christians and passed in the spirit of Christianity, in sub-Saharan Africa regarding homosexuality, especially Uganda.
You have to take in mind also that every religion has its extremists. Including Christianity. Those are the ones that take and contort simple rules to fit their own lifestyle and needs. Such as those that say they hate Christianity. No where in the Bible does it say "God hates homosexuals." Yet, people will take something that is slightly connected to it and try to fit that into that ideal.

Olivia! said:
In b4 you guys blow off your heads in a Flame War.
Maybe, that is if some religion/sexuality sensitive moron comes ragin' through, Otherwise doesn't seem that anything like that will occur.

Thunderstruck said:
Olivia! said:
Maybe, that is if some religion/sexuality sensitive moron comes ragin' through, Otherwise doesn't seem that anything like that will occur.
This is The Bell Tree anything is possible.

Olivia! said:
Thunderstruck said:
Olivia! said:
This is The Bell Tree anything is possible.
True, although i don't think i've ever seen a giraffe on prozac.

I've watched this guys videos before, a forget about what though. Too bad my sound won't work :(

Numner said:
Yeah but all of these unnatural conveniences are destroying nature.
watnow
And also how can you hate homosexuality if you believe God made someone to be like that?
If you believe in God you believe that he made people with their ideas and personalities, all sin and skills.
But I guess I could go with homosexuality being unnatural since it doesn't produce children and I read somewhere about why men and women like certain features; and it was all about because of heightening the chance of growing a child.
But there really isn't anything immoral about it.
the person in the video went to the conclusion that nothing in existence is unnatural, since it exists in nature, and therefore nothing is unnatural. being/something being unnatural is only a human habit that we have, which is in place to balance (counterweight, he said) nature. he gave examples in good/evil, chaos/conformity, and etc. natural and unnatural is the same, as nothing is inherently unnatural, since it exists.

as for unnatural conveniences destroying nature, I'm sure (but am way too lazy to research) that there are plenty of things that animals do/create that destroy nature, as well. ours just have a bigger impact due to the size/scale of ours, or some such like that. also, lol ozone.

the person went on to say that whether or not homosexuality is unnatural doesn't make it inherently wrong/immoral, as well.

and then I ask myself why I bothered typing any of that. @_@

@ bacon boy, I was just saying the guy looked at some notes as he was talking or something, and commenting on what he could have linked to, if he had chosen to write down this information/opinion instead of choosing to videotape/youtube it. that is all.

also, lol.

and, on the topic of extremists, extremists are extreme. their opinions are more or less moot, due to being tunnel vision in most all cases.

christian extremists = god's fanboys.
x religion extremists = x's fanboys.

discuss.

Psychonaut said:
Numner said:
watnow
And also how can you hate homosexuality if you believe God made someone to be like that?
If you believe in God you believe that he made people with their ideas and personalities, all sin and skills.
But I guess I could go with homosexuality being unnatural since it doesn't produce children and I read somewhere about why men and women like certain features; and it was all about because of heightening the chance of growing a child.
the person in the video went to the conclusion that nothing in existence is unnatural, since it exists in nature, and therefore nothing is unnatural. being/something being unnatural is only a human habit that we have, which is in place to balance (counterweight, he said) nature. he gave examples in good/evil, chaos/conformity, and etc. natural and unnatural is the same, as nothing is inherently unnatural, since it exists.

as for unnatural conveniences destroying nature, I'm sure (but am way too lazy to research) that there are plenty of things that animals do/create that destroy nature, as well. ours just have a bigger impact due to the size/scale of ours, or some such like that. also, lol ozone.

the person went on to say that whether or not homosexuality is unnatural doesn't make it inherently wrong/immoral, as well.

@ bacon boy, I was just saying the guy looked at some notes as he was talking or something, and commenting on what he could have ]Not just fanboys, extremists are like fanboys on crystal meth.

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Numner said:
watnow

@ bacon boy, I was just saying the guy looked at some notes as he was talking or something, and commenting on what he could have ]Not just fanboys, extremists are like fanboys on crystal meth.
motion granted, agreed.

1) Gods created humans
2) Some humans were gay/lesbians

Conclusion: The Gods created the gays/lesbians.

Why would they dislike them if they made them?

inb4flame

[Nook said:
,Aug 4 2010, 03:23:44 PM]1) Gods created humans

inb4flame
*holds lit candle up*

There's your flame.

[Nook said:

inb4flame
GOD MADE SERIAL KILLERS

BUT I GUESS THEY'RE ALRIGHT

>arguing with my own argument (y)

But most Christians live in the south.

And the south doesn't like different/change.

They don't like homosex.

It's not the Christians, it's the southerners!!!11!

then i won

Numner said:
[Nook said:

inb4flame
GOD MADE SERIAL KILLERS

They don't like homosex.

then i won
Arguing with yourself? And that's not nessecarily true. there are plenty northerners. And you're confusing Christians with Catholics. You know, with all of them illegals and their Catholicism- owait... that's Spain.

Numner said:
[Nook said:

inb4flame
GOD MADE SERIAL KILLERS

They don't like homosex.

then i won
Let me revise that a little.

1) Gods create humans.
2) Some humans are gay/lesbian.
3) Some humans get evil thoughts.
4) Those humans do evil things, against the Gods' will
5) Gods are angry.

I've had AmazingAtheist on my subscribed list for a long time.
None of his recent videos have really captured my interest though.

Numner said:
[Nook said:

inb4flame
GOD MADE SERIAL KILLERS

They don't like homosex.

then i won
Uhhh... wrong. Personality made the Serial Killer. Most likely because they were abused/ hurt some way as a child.

Olivia! said:
Numner said:
[Nook said:

inb4flame
GOD MADE SERIAL KILLERS

They don't like homosex.

then i won
Uhhh... wrong. Personality made the Serial Killer. Most likely because they were abused/ hurt some way as a child.
*Comatose views topic. Comatose walks out*

I really don't feel like arguing today, but I see where both sides are coming from. I've done enough research to argue for either side if I needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back