how can I improve? MASSIVE BUMP AND UPDATE

aww I'm awestruck by the fact you can take harsh comments this easily, I wish I could that too ;-; teach me xD

as for your art, I think those are nice for your first tries!
but the face of the guy is very wobbly. the eyes are placed weirdly on both pieces. try to match them to the face outline. the shoulders are extremely stiff and rectangle xD it should be more curvy ^^ same for eyebrows and eyelids. the eyes of the guy are way too big, nose and mouth are extremly tilted? ; o ; and you forgot ears xD for the hair, think of the flow... well that's all for now that I can think of ^^
you just started and the road will be long, the key is to keep it up and try your best to reach the top :D

there are also tons of great tutorials on deviantArt. it's definitely worth to check those out instead of waiting for people to post some lame criticism like mine x)

Lol yeah same. I guess it's because I haven't practised at all since that age.
XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahh thanks! I will keep trying ^_^.

you know rhino was throwing ur words back to u rite
No offence, but personally your art isn't good. In my opinion it just looks amateurish... I did stuff like that when I was 10.
No offence, but personally your art isn't good enough for RLC.
In my opinion it just looks amateurish... I did stuff like that when I was 10. Sorry, just saying.

Last edited:
to be blunt, the features such as hair, nose, mouth, etc etc..they all look a bit disoriented and need some work. overall it looks fine

i dont recommend practicing on an ipad or anything similar to it, i find its better to practice on paper or on a drawing tablet. go through tutorials on deviantart if you need to, it helped me a lot

Last edited:
I agree with Caius. Before you want to be able to draw cartoonish/manga-style you have to have knowledge about the human anatomy. So I recommend you first start practising realistic drawing (maybe start with drawing real eyes for example). I know, it sounds boring, but 1. it is REALLY essential and 2. it actually isn't boring.

Edit: You can also just start drawing real life animals, in your case, wolf. That would be a perfect start.

Last edited:
I agree with Caius. Before you want to be able to draw cartoonish/manga-style you have to have knowledge about the human anatomy. So I recommend you first start practising realistic drawing (maybe start with drawing real eyes for example). I know, it sounds boring, but 1. it is REALLY essential and 2. it actually isn't boring.

Edit: You can also just start drawing real life animals, in your case, wolf. That would be a perfect start.

Thanks! I want to start with animals. I love drawing wolves so I'm gonna try do that.

Thanks! I want to start with animals. I love drawing wolves so I'm gonna try do that.

Np! And don't let anything or anyone back you down! Drawing is about pushing further, even if it doesn't work out sometimes. So just keep practising, and you'll eventually get there. :)

Np! And don't let anything or anyone back you down! Drawing is about pushing further, even if it doesn't work out sometimes. So just keep practising, and you'll eventually get there. :)

I'm just praying I get better when I get a drawing tablet

Alright, I can try and give you a few pointers? I'm not super great at drawing wolves but I've done it for a while. First off, make your fur a little more "varied" - right now it has lots of similar jagged lines. Try to smooth out your lines and give each "piece" kind of a different shape. Also, work on making your coloring & shading a bit neater! It's not easy with a mouse, so your tablet can help with that if you get one, but if you do it slowly you can make your shading a lot neater and more clean. Looking great so far, though - good luck!

tbh no offense but I would wait a bit before getting a tablet so you can be more developed and experienced when you do! <3

I'd recommend learning to draw humans first,and learn to draw them realistically.Learn anatomy and shading.
The shading on your pikachu is very flat(I used to shade like that too) but you really need to learn how to shade properly.
Also don't start with digital,start with traditional.
To be honest your art is quite bad,they look like something a kid would draw,so I really think you should practise A LOT MORE.

Ooh I just bought the Wacom Bamboo yesterday for my birthday and I'm so excited!

I think you need to improve on the colouring / shading. I can see uncoloured in parts around the eye (unless this was meant to be there xD) and the way you've done it seems a bit random - I'm not very good at explaining nor am I good at giving advice, so I'd just say practise how you colour your work.

Great so far! I especially like the moon in the background Good luck!

Back