• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How did your first day go?

~Paid off my down payment
~Donated 4 fossils, 15 insects, and 6 fish
~Interacted a lot with my villagers: gave and received items, sent a letter to my favourite villager thus far: Mitzi, helped them out, etc.
~Bought some accessories, furniture, items, etc
~Spent a lot of time selling
~Found the gem and money rock, shook trees, planted my new fruits, organized all the flowers
~Managed to get my approval rating to 52%, completed Isabelle's advice, created the town flag and tune

A few bad things happened, though

~Got stung by bees 3 times, didn't get to catch any
~Accidentally sold my net and perfect fruit
~Bought a 3k+ fake painting from Limberg (I sent it back to him in a letter saying "you're great and deserve it" as a screw you)
~I got oranges as my native fruit and pears as my extra fruit, which I both dislike, I was hoping for apples and cherries, but my town layout and villagers were too good to reset. ugh

I didn't get a bug net. :[ But I did get a fishing rod! Caught be a bunch of fish that I donated. Recently caught 2 Saw Sharks (so cool!), sent mail to my neighbors and talked to them a lot! Got stung about 3 times trying to find furniture from trees. Haha. Overall, amazing first day.

On my first day, (among a bunch of minor things) I shook all the trees in town after finding my house spot, watered everything, bought the shovel and rod from the store (Isabelle gave me a watering can), caught a lot of fish and donated 19 of them, found five fossils and donated them, sent mail to all of my neighbors, payed off my first debt, let some people come into my town, then went to others' towns, and ended the day with an amazingly fun time at one of my friend's BEAUTIFUL towns, who has been playing for quite a while, so they had a bunch of stuff unlocked, and bought a net, and caught some bugs, went and screwed around at Club LOL, then all four of us went to her island and totally had such fun playing the mini games (very satisfying games, can't wait till I get my island!) until each one of us got enough medals to get a wetsuit (I also got a hibiscus), and then we went back and got a lot of awesome different fruits, even some island fruit! It was so much fun.
Animal Crossing New Leaf day one? Success! ;)

I can't wait for tomorrow

Last edited:
I paid off my house, donated 22 insects, 22 fish, 4 fossils, was chased by 3 tarantulas and attacked by two. Not even kidding, I was walking to my tent and there was a tarantula pacing in front of the flap like it was lying in wait!

Paid off the house, got about 100k, donated about 30 fish, about 15 bugs.

Didn't sell any fruit though :p

Got to 100% mayor rating.

Got a fire flower.

I went and got the game and the guide when gamestop opened. Moved my character, Froggy, to Windee. Got peaches as my native fruit, Groucho, Rory, Goldie, Chrissy, and Spork as my neighbors. Shook a few trees and got a classic bookcase and a chocolate fountain, and successfully evaded bees. Bought a net, a shovel, explorer pants, and pilot shades. And I got a green shell for my fortune-ticket thing. Dug up some fossils but havent had them examined yet. Right now im catching fireflies and moths.

Paid off the first down payment, accidentally sold my shovel (not so happy about that). Also caught a ton load of fish, stocking up on bells, the usual.

My first/second day went pretty well. I donated a lot of bugs and fish, I just wish I could get 100 mayoral points. My villagers are hard to please, those ungrateful furry things. xP

I unintentionally started with the wrong date/time so I ended up being able to buy the shovel and net and paid off the tent before correcting it. I got the rod when I woke up today and hopefully tomorrow the island will be unlocked.

IDK I HAVEN'T GOT THE GAME YET ;;

Well too bad >.>

It's 3am in my town and I just stored a load of fish in drawers. Got a squid, a freswhater goby, and some other new fish I can't remember.

I've been keeping track of the fish I need for the month in a notepad document. I'm down to 6 year-round fish left, and 5 fish that started in June.

Hmm my first day was planting lots of fruit trees, apples (Thanks to Bri) and cherries, paid the first of my house off and de-fossilled my town and caught almost every bug 5 times.
Night time rolled around and I had a meeting with Annalise about a friend that came from a different town. Then caught some night time bugs, Fireflies, Mosquitos and Moths. Thats been my first day in a nut shell. Great start honestly

I don't remember exact numbers, but Phineas was in my town today and let me know that I've caught 50% of all of the fish :eek: I may have played for a bit too long... :p

Really disappointed with the villagers I got but happy with everything else. Got my ideal map and all the starter fruit from visiting towns, caught a lot of Fish and some bugs, watered all the plants, dug up all the fossils I can in that day. Hit every rock and upgraded my house. Saved up a lot of bells for Monday.

Let's see... I caught all my bees in the town, caught the tarantula after being bit a few times, found Pascal and he gave me a keg... All in all, it was a grand first day.

(Someone gave me a wetsuit. It's how I was able to get Pascal early on.)

Well, I certainly learned a lot about what I like and don't like. I must have reset the game a dozen times. I tried out 3 different eyes, finally settling on the 3rd (not what I originally planned). I also realized that I needed my river to run downhill, any other way bugged the hay outta me. I realized that grass shape and fruit wasn't important to me and that I wanted the town hall to be by the shopping malls.

By the time I finally got my town set up everything was closed and I was beat, I collected some fruit and shook trees, got stung by bees 3 times.

Time to go buy some tools and fix my face lol.

A little late to the party, but I'll recount what I did yesterday. I didn't donate any fossils, but I donated 23 insects and 37 fish. I paid off my down payment and saved 40,000 bells. I planted cherries that Isabelle gave me and got quite a few shirts and furniture pieces from people in town. I swear I was playing casually, I just didn't have anything else to do yesterday other than play AC. I did forget to send out letters and presents so I'll probably do that today. All in all, I am loving the game. Oh I also got destroyed by bees a few times, bit by a few mosquitoes and a tarantula or two. I missed out on catching a tarantula....but tonight it is on.

I saw a tarantula last night. I got out my net and started walking towards it and it literally vanished. Like it just faded away. I would've rather have been bit to be honest.

I caught a lot of bugs and fish. Started on my approval rating (sssh), and interacted a LOT with the villagers. Visited towns and went islanding with a japanese player I met! Got my wetsuit there. This morning I got full approval rating, met Tortimer, and once Nook's opens my house will be expanded!
HNI_0028.JPG
Oh and I caught a few bees. No problemo.

Back