How do you meet friends/people in general?

I have a lovely group of real life friends I met when my son started nursery. We have kept in touch and I honestly couldn’t have coped over the years without them. I am very grateful and thankful.

I have made a few friends online who although we haven’t met are very important to me 💜

to be honest im not that great at making friends either.... it really sucks when people don't feel the same way as I do them, but I suppose that's life sometimes. Anyway, i think a lot of my more recent friends I've met through mutual friends? I have a close friend in post-grad who's really into making connections, and a lot of the time he invites me to meet his friends so that's pretty nice. I'm now friends with some of his friends and I appreciate that :]
My boyfriend also likes inviting me when he hangs out with his college friends, i actually know them because we all went to the same college together, but they're all a year lower than me so i didn't really get to interact with them that much back then. But I can say that they're my friends to an extent, not really close but I get along with them :]
Even online, a lot of my friends now are from mutual friends! They invited me to private groups and i guess it started from there. I'm a lot noisier in group chats than I am in private messages, mainly because I'm pretty awkward and I'd like a few more people in the convo since I think i'm a boring person heheh.

I'm actually making more effort to maintain relationships with acquaintances and other people in general. I'm very reserved, but I've noticed that acquaintances commenting on my posts every now and then makes me happy, because it makes me less invisible if that makes sense? I've always thought I was forgettable, so it means quite a lot that some people even give me a small time of their day to hit me up. So I kinda wanna do the same for others. We may or may not form a close relationship, but I think it's the simple act of feeling seen that matters to some people like me. That's why I appreciate random comments or messages or profile posts on here! ^^

Back