• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How long have you been waiting?

I think they delayed it so long because they probably scrapped most of the project and made it all new because they realized the game needed to be much, much different in order for it to be really successful. Just look at how much the game has changed since they first announced it... We still have 48 days :( I personally cant believe we are already in the 40's of days for how long we have to wait! If you think about it, that really isn't that long. I am so glad I wasn't excited by this when I first heard about it in 2010... I can't imagine waiting YEARS for something being so hyped up for it... I have been waiting just a few months and it has seemed like an eternity...

Some have been waiting for 3 years, others only 6 months.
How long have you been waiting for the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf?
I have been waiting ever since it was first announced at that first E3 in 2010, but unlike some people on the internet that I have come across, I have been really patient and I haven't got annoyed when it was pushed back to 2013.

I've been waiting ever since the 3DS was announced... I remember being so hopeful that NL would be a launch game... how wrong I was >.<

E3 2010, when it was first shown.

Actually, you could say I've been waiting for it since the release of CF. Because CF was a terrible "sequel" and had me very worried for the future of the series, I had to see whether the team was going to bring this series back up to quality, or whether it was just going to continue making downgraded ports of the past games.

I've been waiting ever since the 3DS was announced... I remember being so hopeful that NL would be a launch game... how wrong I was >.<

Right, I figured it would happen because it happened with Wild World, and then took forever with City Folk. But they did get City Folk out the door.

E3 2010, when it was first shown.

Actually, you could say I've been waiting for it since the release of CF. Because CF was a terrible "sequel" and had me very worried for the future of the series, I had to see whether the team was going to bring this series back up to quality, or whether it was just going to continue making downgraded ports of the past games.

Maybe they thought the game was perfect? It doesn't seem like that big of a development team to be making it. I was just mad because they were teasing Animal Crossing in Super Smash Bros Brawl and then on the Message board for the Wii at times with the icons.

I was a sad panda when it took several years for a console sequel and it wasn't very good. I honestly can't remember why I even play CF.

Now New Leaf, I'd gladly wait another year for based on what I've seen, just knowing how good it's going to be. (I don't want to wait anymore though :p )

Back