• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How many times did you reset to get your map?

For my first town, I actually never reset for my map, I just chose one from the first four I was offered. I was too excited and impatient to wait any longer to start playing! I can't quite remember if I reset for my second town, which unfortunately no longer exists as I had to overwrite its save with my main town since my NL cartridge was dying and my secondary town was a digital copy of the game (there was a save data transfer tool in the eShop which let you transfer saves from a physical copy of a game to a digital one). As for my final town, I had to reset a few times because I was looking for a specific type of layout for the plan I had for the town's design.

I simply didn't. The map layout wasn't extremely important to me and somehow I also got 2 villagers I wanted immediately so I didn't reset at all.
That's strange... This response from me is about New Horizons... Haha..

Anyway, I don't remember resetting at all for my first two towns, but the third one I kept resetting looking for different villagers. I got too tired to keep going, so the villagers in the end weren't super amazing but still acceptable, lol.
I have never once cared that hard about the map layout.

For New Leaf, I didn’t reset at all because I didn’t really realise it was a thing! Still have my og town

I still have my first town and I learned about the resets only years later, I just took the first one. Granted, I had no idea what the game would be about, a feeling difficult to replicate.

My main town Vista will probably be more than 40 times at least. I since forgot about the rest of my towns, but I guess it was probably less than 2 or 3 times.

Boy you have no idea how many times I restarted my New Leaf town, it was what caused me to have a small case of depression during December 2013 which didn't last long thankfully, I got over it when January 2014 came around.

I have done it all the way from up until 2015 where I finally stopped and settled on a river layout that I felt comfortable with.
How many times I restarted my town was I believe 14 times before I finally stopped in August of 2015.

I just went with one of the first three picks. I don't have the patient to reset 100x times and I am sure you can make a beautiful town with every map :D

i reset for genuinely weeks, it was terrifying, i was so specific about the placement of my river bends and buildings

I think I reset at least three times before choosing. I was so lucky, I think! I wanted peaches, minimum ponds, and I ended up getting my favorite villager as a starter!
Sometimes I wonder if I would have had more fun if I'd just let fate take its course, though...

If I'm remembering correctly, I reset 0 times, but that was years ago so I can't say for sure. :LOL:
I'm not picky about map layouts and don't have the patience to reset a lot, so I doubt I bothered.

Zero times, I didn't know there would be a ton of map layouts when I first started. I don't regret mine, I'm fine with it tbh.

I don't know what demon possessed me when in 2017 I decided to reset to have the station and town hall both green, the beach strictly on the right and broken in two (but no secret beach, it bothered me). And of course THE PEACHES.
I reset two days in a row for several hours...
But it was worth it because even today I am very happy with my town

I actually never rest my town when playing New Leaf I left it exactly as it was. I didn't even know you could have it looking different.
New Leaf was the first animal crossing game I played. It was only when I went to visit a friends town that I realized her layout was different.

May be misremembering, but I think it's the first one I got. Pretty nice with cherries as the fruit and Re-Tail close to the dock.

Back