• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How many times have you flattened or redone your island?

I'm wondering how many times you've redone your islands - either flattened completely and redid everything again, or just moved everything around.

I have two islands.

My main island is my keeper: What I have acquired can be used for a second island. That second island is not intended as permanent.

• Island #01: Began in March 2020. No reset. In June 2020, I finally realized how to design it. Terraforming, much of it in between March to June, ended after this point.

• Island #02: Had one competed [enough] island which has since been reset. Replaced with another island. Now, that replacement has a current island (again, not expected to be permanent).

I don’t make a point of keeping track of how much terraforming I have done (first island) or will do (secondary island). I think that is for the best.

I have experienced all four airport colors. Primary island has a yellow airport. So, things have worked out for me.

I’ve never flattened my island, but I have redone my town a couple times. Honestly, it was easier for me to just reset and choose a different river style. My second and current town is a ton better than my first due to the river I chose this time! I was able to do some terraced housing districts and mountainscaping that I’d otherwise never have been able to do.

I have two islands and have not flattened either of them. I don’t see myself flattening them. I have changed areas on both of them. I planned out my second island more then my first. The only big changes for my second island has been the campsite and moving my house. I have made a lot more changes on my main island after working on my second island. I think the next changes for that island will be redoing where some of my villagers houses are.

I’ve never terraformed— I like the challenge and aesthetic of working with what I was given.

I do swap around villager houses every once in awhile but in general, I am happy enough with my island not to mess with it too much.

I’ve never terraformed— I like the challenge and aesthetic of working with what I was given.

I do swap around villager houses every once in awhile but in general, I am happy enough with my island not to mess with it too much.
Honestly I wish I had done this. If I ever restarted or got a second island, this is the route I would go. I think terraforming is just too overwhelming for me, haha. Now I wish I had a picture of my original map so that I could try to recreate what I had in the first place.

I’ve considered this, but then I think I’d just be overwhelmed and end up restarting the entire thing.
That being said, I’ve restarted a new island a few times and always tried to work around the issue beforehand.
Last time I reset completely was because I could make my river exists work, they were both south facing and i’d tried everything.

Never flattened it once, that'll be too terrifying for someone who had such problem terraforming in the beginning lol. I did move buildings all the time but now I'm really happy with the layout and where all my villagers' homes are.

I do reserve 2-3 areas for small remodelling to update for each season. For ex, one area by the beach was a wedding venue then a vineyard, now it's a camping area for the summer. So when I'm bored I can play around and terraform those small sections without completely overhauling the entire island.

I do wish for a 2nd island so I can get an all pigs one, but I'd rather spend the money on a 2nd console than destroying my current island & losing all my beloved current villagers :)

Completely, I’ve flattened down my whole map just once. It’s at a point right now, that I don’t see me making anymore drastic changes ( just small ones).

I do tear down areas occasionally, bit not the whole map.

Last edited:
Never.

I've done so major reworks to areas before but I've always kept it within the theme of the area.

So like my houses are still pretty much where I first put them. My house is where I put it down on day 1, but now it's on level 3 instead of level 1 (I raised my house up to be in a special area just for me.

My campsite has hardly moved from where I first put it. Its moved, but it's still in the bottom right area of my map, in a hedged in area like it always was. (Before hedges came out it was fences)

The only area that REALLY ever changed was my shops area. But even then, its still in the same sort of area on my map as when I first put the shop down. Just now it's not on level 1, and that area has all been raised.

Back