• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many villagers are you guys going to "cheat" in?

I have a Bob Amiibo card, but I somehow end up with Bob in my town at some point in every single game, so I probably won't even need to use it. I think I'll hold onto that card just because I like Bob so much, even if I don't end up actually using it.

My Amiibo cards have been selling REALLY well lately (like I sold more this week than in the past two weeks), so I guess everyone decided to buy up their favorite villagers at the last minute or something haha.

I don't feel like using amiibo cards is cheating, so I will be scanning in Kabuki, Pekoe, Wade, and Genji :) So exciting!

I have to get them through amiibo cards. I won't wait for the luck of the draw for my favs. But I respect everyone who does it that way.

I’ll probably scan in all my villagers at some point tbh, maybe not right away but I’d rather have the villagers I want rather than some randos

Once I've got my island set up, I'd slowly get my dreamies in. I have a list of about 50 characters I'm happy to let live on my island (out of ones that were confirmed before the direct) (not including new villagers who are precious!!) so like... I'm okay with not having all my dreamies straight away and hey, I could get some of them anyway!

8, 9 when they decide to add W. Link and all his friends back in. Really stupid decision of them to remove the crossover villagers IMO.

i'll probably use amiibo for stitches because i'm planning on semi-sharing my island with my sisters (they're not really gonna play often but we'll play together from time to time) and they also love him. i would like to scan in maybe murphy or stella because they're pretty neat, but i may wait until i can fully control my island's appearance and stuff until i resort to that. i really want to experience villagers and the game "naturally" (though i don't think amiibos are necessarily unnatural, but a lovely extensions to those who'll get use out of it), so that's why i'm heavily considering holding off on using it until time has passed.

I don’t have any Amiibo cards, so none! Part of the fun of Animal Crossing was always working to get my fave characters. Either by chance, campsite, or on the forums. Sure, there are some I would love to have cards for and be able to be sure I’ll get, but in NL once I got all my dreamies I lost some interest in the game. I enjoy the unknown aspect of who will move in or show up.

none becus i own no cards but i don't plan on getting any either since the fun part to me is letting the game assign villagers randomly, you never know if you'll get a new animal you've never had that ends up becoming your fave! and it feels much more rewarding when you realize one of your dreamies is moving in without using a card imo

Last edited:
Just ordered some on ebay, and will hold em til I feel they're ready. If I still really miss em while playing, I'll place em in.

8, 9 when they decide to add W. Link and all his friends back in. Really stupid decision of them to remove the crossover villagers IMO.

They got rid of them??? nooo! I loved W. Link and friends!

I'm assuming the sanrio and the monster hunter kitty characters are gone too?

I have the amiibos of my 8 favorite villagers. However, I am choosing to NOT scan them all in at the beginning. I agree with you OP, some of the fun is getting those random villagers, "ugly" villagers that sometimes you fall in love with! I think once I have an idea of what I want my island to look like, how im going to set it up etc. I will start scanning them in. I will, however, scan in my favorite villager as soon as i can.. Pietro! :D

Definitely gonna scan in Zucker, Marshal, and Roald as soon as I can. And then I'll see who else I get for the remaining 7. I'm really hoping to meet some new cuties! ❤

Who cares what others think regarding trivialities like this. I just want to get the most enjoyment out of this experience and I need two rabbits and a certain wolf (woolf/wolve?) to do so.

I don't see anything wrong or weird about that.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna roll with it and accept any villagers wanting to move in! I've 3 favorite villagers but I don't mind waiting for them!

I'll probably move in 5 villagers for my theme eventually. Not right in the beginning though, since I'll probably get tired of my favourites if they are the only villagers I ever let in my town.

I desperately need Zucker, Merengue and Katt.
The rest I will see. I will play around a little bit before I use Amiibo cards to scan anyone in.

I'm going to patiently wait and see who moves in or who I meet on tours. Then I'll see if I want anyone out, replacing them with one of my favourites from my amiibo binder. In New Leaf I usually had a varying mix of natural movers and amiibo, so I expect I'll do the same here.

Back