• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How Often do you replace your phone?

How Often do you replace your phone?

• Every new model

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 Years

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 8+ years?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whenever it breaks :C

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I want confetti 🎉

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
when it breaks! my first ever samsung phone (i think it was a j7?? idk) was only replaced because the battery was going to explode. i still use my iphone 7 from 2019, and i'm only just beginning to make plans to replace it because idk how much longer it can go on for, haha.

I replace my phone only when it’s literally falling apart or so broken it doesn’t turn on anymore. I get oddly attached to my devices and HATE changing to a new one

Every three or four years once the battery starts to drain faster. Other than the better camera, usb-c input, and brighter screen there aren’t really any major changes between my old phone and the one I just got a few months ago.

I only replace my phone when I absolutely have to, which is when it's either broken or outdated to the point that it's nearly unusable. I don't see the point in replacing my phone every time a new one comes out, and don't have the financial means to do that, anyways. As long as my phone still works in every way that it's supposed to/I need it to, I see no point in getting a new one.

Very infrequently. In my life, I've only had four phones. One track phone, two iPhones. All changes within 3-5 years. I've been using this current phone of mine since 2019, and I'm due for an upgrade.

i think usually for me it’s somewhere in the 5-7 year range. i won’t upgrade my phone unless there’s something really wrong with it. the last two times it was cause the battery wouldn’t hold its charge for very long + it started to lag and slow down

Whenever my spouse wants to because I'll use it until it is just a black stone otherwise.

probably every 4 years? although my last phone was reaching 5 because i was adamant that it worked properly (despite it sometimes failing to do certain things occasionally), but it's almost always 4 years. if not that, then as soon as my current one is acting up.

I got my current phone in January 2023.

It's starting to act up. It was on the lower end of phones ($300-400 range) but yeah, it's a little tedious when things stop responding. It's definitely still usable, but it's not the phone that it was when I first got it.

Back