How often do you use your non-dominant hand?

How often do you use your non-dominant hand?

• I exclusively use my dominant hand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rarely use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I occasionally use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I often use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I am ambidextrous.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Chronos314_XD

Most Likely to Die First in a Horror Movie
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Partially inspired by a thread a couple weeks ago asking about if people were left or right handed. I'm left hand dominant but I sometimes use my right hand for a couple of things.

I’m not quite ambidextrous but I’m pretty close to it. The strange thing is I never had the tendency to use my left hand to do things until about 15 years ago when I just started to randomly grab things and used my left hand to hold and pour things.

My left hand is pretty useless but I do eat with it if I’m watching/playing something at the same time with my right hand 😅😂

im not ambidextrous, but i like to think i use my left hand pretty often? definitely not for fine movements like writing or drawing, but for stuff like holding/gripping, drinking, eating, cleaning, etc.

I'm right handed, and my left hand is not nearly as dexterous, but I do use a significant amount, for like larger motion daily tasks, as well as sometimes I'll type and use my computer with my left while I'm messaging someone with my right, and I sometimes use my left hand to write when my right gets sore, although it's a lot slower and messier.

I've never really given this much thought but I've now realised that i actually do use my non-dominant hand quite often too, depending on the task.

I consciously try to use my non dominant hand more and more also for fine-motor tasks because I'd like to be ambidextrous one day. I also think its ridiculous my one hand can do anything and the other can't even coordinate brushing teeth xD so I wanna make sure my non dominant hand steps up its game a bit.

My right hand is my dominant hand. I can use my left hand to hold things. I can use it no problem in tasks that require both hands, like typing for example. I can even use it to write, though it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the writing I do with my right hand. I always thought it would be neat to practice and become ambidextrous.

I use my left on occasion but usually only if my right hand is already busy or is hurt/sore.

I do find my left hand has a stronger grip on average than my right for some reason. It might be linked to the fact that I broke my left arm when I was 8 but I’m not really sure.

When necessary, I can use my left hand. I’m pretty useless usually on my non-dominant hand, but surprisingly (& thankfully), I can drive one-handed on it.

I voted for occasionally. Even though I'm left-handed, there's a good amount of tasks that I do with my right hand... including using my computer mouse like I am right now.

I'm right-handed but there's still a fair bit that I do with my left sometimes! If it's not something that requires fine motor control (like writing or drawing) then I can probably do it. I'll pick up and carry stuff with my left if I need to or it's closer to that hand, switch hands when combing my hair or brushing my teeth, trim my right nails, etc. I think I largely still default to my right though just out of habit.

I'm right handed, but I often use my left hand for things because the right side of my body is weaker for unknown reasons. (Physical therapist caught it) So if I'm gonna lift something heavy, or I need to hold something for a long period of time, or I need extra strength to do something like open a jar, I'll use my left hand. I never noticed before until my PT said something about my muscle strength. That was like a decade ago or so.

I almost never use my left hand. I think the only time I do is when my bird wants to lay in my hand to preen himself, or when a task requires both of my hands.

Now I'm going to try to consciously use it (until I inevitably forget lol).

Back