How often do you use your non-dominant hand?

How often do you use your non-dominant hand?

• I exclusively use my dominant hand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rarely use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I occasionally use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I often use my non-dominant hand.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I am ambidextrous.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I'm not ambidextrous, but I have preferences on which tasks I do with each hand so I use them both almost equally.

Anything requiring pinpoint precision is regulated to my dominant right hand. This includes things like writing, drawing, and using chopsticks.

But there are many things I'm actually more comfortable doing with my non-dominant left hand, like driving. I can use a computer mouse or touchpad just as easily with both hands. I can text or scroll through my phone with either hand, but I often favor my left because my right hand is occupied with eating or something. My left arm is also much more flexible than my right, so I mainly use my left when washing because I can reach places like my back better.

pretty often

honestly, I can probably do the majority of things with either hand just fine. so it's just a small select number of things that get delegated hard to a specific hand

I guess I occasionally use my non-dominant hand? I'm left handed, but one thing I do is use a mouse with my right hand. I'm not sure why, but that's just how it happened, and I find it weird and unnatural to use it with my left hand. I also occasionally use my right hand to brush my hair. There's probably other things I do with it that I don't realize, but those are some things that popped up in my mind and are pretty every-day occurrences.

As a digital artist, I use my left hand quite often since it's the one that presses all the shortcut keys on the keyboard, while the dominant hand is the one holding the stylus for drawing.

Back