• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How SEGA can start saving Sonic

Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
*Punches in face* How Dare you!

but you are right about lack of story line. But no story line is better than a bad one.
What Sonic game has a bad story? I like them all.
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

Examples of bad storylines.
You forgot Shadow and 06.
I liked all of those...<small><small>except Sonic '06.</small></small>

There's nothing wrong with them. Hey, they have way better stories than the Genesis games.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

There's nothing wrong with them. Hey, they have way better stories than the Genesis games.
The stories of the Genesis games really don't matter though, they were never intended to be anything big.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

I'd rather play a game with little or no story line than a game with a story line like any of the new sonic games.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

No, because the Genesis games are straight forward. No stupid sidequests. No talking to the stupid townspeople for some stinking pieces of information.

06 Stunk.
Shadow was alright.

Silverstorms said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

I'd rather play a game with little or no story line than a game with a story line like any of the new sonic games.
What makes them so bad to you? I love them...

Shadow was a good game, not great but it wasn't terrible, the story is absolutely terrible, random aliens that have never been mentioned before ever appear and you find out THEY created shadow? Not only that but the whole multiple ending things is terrible, the only ones I liked are the one where Shadow decides to destroy earth to bring justice to humans and the one where he kicks Sonics ass and says he's the greatest hedgehog.
I dislike the whole black arms thing and also, in SA2 Gerald created the Eclipse Cannon to destroy mankind but then you learn he created it to save it? Either he made the eclipse cannon before he went insane or it's a major plothole, I also hate the final ending, shadow decides to forget his past and maria? I hate that, he's supposed to be getting revenge for Maria not saying "KTHNXBAI *throws picture of her away*"

And the 06 story was even worse, I can't really say that the storybook games' stories are that bad, but they're not good either.
As for Unleashed, i'm *censored.3.0*ing tired of Eggman summoning great monsters to try to rule the world, it never bodes well for him (Chaos, Shadow, Dark Gaia, the list goes on) I'd much rather see Eggman as the main bad guy not some random monster from the center of the earth that only appears once in the game.
I also dislike chip, that should've been Tails being his partner like the old days not some Navi/Chihuaha inbred.

This is my idea.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Console: Wii
Graphics: Classic 2D
Gameplay: Classic Sonic Gameplay with New In-game powers, new power-ups (Like Sonic Adventure 2)
Playable Characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Omega, Eggman
Main Enemy & Final Boss: Eggman (Can be used after beating him with a certain requirement)
Emeralds: Gotten through special stages, ability to turn into super sonic mid-stage with all like classic games, ability to turn into Hyper Shadow, Super Tails, super Knuckles, Omega Gamma B3 (Fake xd) and Golem Eggman
Chaos Emerald Shards: Found in Knuckles levels
Difficulty: Ability to change from easy, normal, and hard
Music: Old Genesis-like Music, with updated music from the newest sonic games
World Select: Ability to select stages after beating them so you can retry to get special stages.
Number of stages: 50
Gimmicks (Like sword, werehog, etc.): Sword and werehog unlocked after beating game on hard

xeladude said:
This is my idea.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Gameplay: Classic Sonic Gameplay with New In-game powers, new power-ups (Like Sonic Adventure 2)
Main Enemy & Final Boss: Eggman (Can be used after beating him with a certain requirement)
Emeralds: Gotten through special stages, ability to turn into super sonic mid-stage with all like classic games, ability to turn into Hyper Shadow, Super Tails, super Knuckles, Omega Gamma B3 (Fake xd) and Golem Eggman
World Select: Ability to select stages after beating them so you can retry to get special stages.
Gimmicks (Like sword, werehog, etc.): Sword and werehog unlocked after beating game on hard
Normal chaos emeralds wouldn't turn shadow into Hyper Shadow. He would turn into Super Shadow.

Megamannt125 said:
xeladude said:
This is my idea.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Normal chaos emeralds wouldn't turn shadow into Hyper Shadow. He would turn into Super Shadow.
Stupid SA2B, you lied to me!

Megamannt125 said:
Shadow was a good game, not great but it wasn't terrible, the story is absolutely terrible, random aliens that have never been mentioned before ever appear and you find out THEY created shadow? Not only that but the whole multiple ending things is terrible, the only ones I liked are the one where Shadow decides to destroy earth to bring justice to humans and the one where he kicks Sonics ass and says he's the greatest hedgehog.
I dislike the whole black arms thing and also, in SA2 Gerald created the Eclipse Cannon to destroy mankind but then you learn he created it to save it? Either he made the eclipse cannon before he went insane or it's a major plothole, I also hate the final ending, shadow decides to forget his past and maria? I hate that, he's supposed to be getting revenge for Maria not saying "KTHNXBAI *throws picture of her away*"

And the 06 story was even worse, I can't really say that the storybook games' stories are that bad, but they're not good either.
As for Unleashed, i'm *censored.3.0*ing tired of Eggman summoning great monsters to try to rule the world, it never bodes well for him (Chaos, Shadow, Dark Gaia, the list goes on) I'd much rather see Eggman as the main bad guy not some random monster from the center of the earth that only appears once in the game.
I also dislike chip, that should've been Tails being his partner like the old days not some Navi/Chihuaha inbred.
How can you say Shadow the Hedgehog's story was crap? It explained his past! And none of the multiple endings are canon, you do know, right? Just the final ending.

xeladude said:
Megamannt125 said:
xeladude said:
This is my idea.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
1. You need Super Emeralds to go Hyper.
2. If he went Hyper there'd be two of him and he'd be flashing all the colors of the emeralds.

I hated Shadow the Hedgehog. I mean srsly, Sonic with guns? And plus, Black Doom is just random... I like the multiple story idea...

Megamannt125 said:
xeladude said:
Megamannt125 said:
xeladude said:
This is my idea.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4
1. You need Super Emeralds to go Hyper.
2. If he went Hyper there'd be two of him and he'd be flashing all the colors of the emeralds.
Yeah. Shadow transformed into SUPER Shadow in SA2, not HYPER Shadow.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

How can you say Shadow the Hedgehog's story was crap? It explained his past! And none of the multiple endings are canon, you do know, right? Just the final ending.
I do know they aren't canon, but some of them deserved to be Canon, and it doesn't explain his past, Sonic Adventure already did a good enough job with that without adding stupid stuff like the black arms.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

I do know they aren't canon, but some of them deserved to be Canon, and it doesn't explain his past, Sonic Adventure already did a good enough job with that without adding stupid stuff like the black arms.
SA2 didn't explain crap. How did Gerald manage to create an immortal creature? And how was he able to use Chaos Control? And other questions. Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle, and Shadow the Hedgehog filled in all of those answers.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

SA2 didn't explain crap. How did Gerald manage to create an immortal creature? And how was he able to use Chaos Control? And other questions. Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle, and Shadow the Hedgehog filled in all of those answers.
Some questions are better left unanswered.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

Unanswered questions frustrate me. Very much. Not knowing the official Zelda timeline makes go INSANE!!

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Unanswered questions frustrate me. Very much. Not knowing the official Zelda timeline makes go INSANE!!
What does that have to do with making sonic better?

john102 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
What does that have to do with making sonic better?
Read what you're quoting.

Back