• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How the Dream Suite could work in ACNH

NatsumiSummer

She/Her/hers
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0264-3200-7642
I just had this idea while responding to another thread, but I wanted to discuss how the Dream Suite could work in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

First things first I want to remind you all of how the game syncs our islands up to the real time... by having us fall asleep and have a dream of K.K. Slider... now how about that happens whenever we lie down on a bed and press the A button, but instead of K.K. Slider appearing in our dreams... it is Luna. She can then do all of her usual stuff, such as allow us to upload a copy of our island to the servers and visit another player's island. I had this thought, since there are players who wouldn't want her to take up a physical location on their island(s), and since this game already has coding for something like this to happen, then why not sorta copy that coding and rework it to work with Luna and the Dream Suite in this manner.

What do you guys think... do you guys envision the Dream Suite working like this or more closer to how it worked in New Leaf? Or any other way...?

i’m literally desperate for the dream suite so i’ll take it in any form that i can get - your idea sounds super plausible, though, and i can definitely see nintendo implementing it!

I really like this idea and the creativity. While it would be nice for a change in the way it works, I myself imagine the developers not changing too much up about it, only because they would want to spend more time on new content and bring back old content as quick as possible.

I really like this idea and the creativity. While it would be nice for a change in the way it works, I myself imagine the developers not changing too much up about it, only because they would want to spend more time on new content and bring back old content as quick as possible.

Which is why I also stated that there is already a "event" that works pretty similarly to this in the game's coding already. (K.K. Slider talking to us after we first lie down on our camping cots in our tents after we help Tom Nook set up the bonfire in front of Resident Services) it would be a lot easier for them to program, than making 3D models of the building and everything in it. They would just have to make 3D models for Luna, and then program it so we spawn outside of Resident Services on the bed we used to lie down (or a generic bed reserved for the dream world.) Would take less work.

Keep in mind this game isn't running on the same engine as New Leaf... it is running on the same engine as Splatoon 2 and Breath of the Wild.

I would love to have dream suite back but I don't think it will be as simple as finding a bed and pressing A. I always imagined it as Kapp'n taking place at the dock offering to bring you to another island. You can do a service where he brings you to the island or want or choose go to an island he promises that will give you an adventure but as he sails off, fog covers the way and he get lost bringing you to a random island that belongs something else. Unfortunately this would have no Luna, but it would be something other than Dodo Airlines...

I would love a sparkly Dream suite building to build on my island, and it would function as it did in new leaf, in my eyes at least

I like the idea. I think it would be weird to have the Dream Suite as a physical building on the island lol. It would feel different from the general-store/country feel I get from Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters. At the same time I'd feel weird about just any bed allowing me to do that anytime I climb onto one. I wonder what the event introducing Luna would be like? Maybe you'd just find her wandering around your island one day and she gives you... idk something that lets you have dream suite functionality/communicate with her in sleep since in NL she was kinda responsible for feeding you that dream.

Honestly though I could take a dream suite functionality even without Luna - she was just not an interesting npc other than for her job, lol. No backstory, nothing. Just "mmm"

I'm just more concerned with not having to use an online membership to visit dream towns. As for how it could work, we could set up a small building for the dream suite. Though I don't think getting access to other dream towns by walking up to any bed would work out. It'd make more sense to have Luna be by your side like in New Leaf to visit dream towns.

I was thinking maybe they might extend another pier from the rocks for the dream suite, everyone has a big rock in at least one corner, just like everyone had a secret beach for redd.. just an idea. Even though it might be convenient to lay down and luna appears I hope they extend the island we already have in some way because that seems more fun to me.

Another idea I had is just like harvs island there would a whole different location you could select at the airport, so it would be visit someone, nook mile island, harvs island and dreams suite island

It would be great if they just had a mainland with all the old shops including the Dream Suite.

I even miss Club LOL.

I'm just more concerned with not having to use an online membership to visit dream towns. As for how it could work, we could set up a small building for the dream suite. Though I don't think getting access to other dream towns by walking up to any bed would work out. It'd make more sense to have Luna be by your side like in New Leaf to visit dream towns.
Considering we have to have NSO just to even download patterns from Able Sisters, I doubt they'll make dream suite free :(

There's always My Nintendo 7-day free trial codes and saving all the islands you want to visit to go through them using that free trial

Back