How to increase odds of getting Raymond (or anyone!)

Yea I think this happened to me because Marshal showed up in my campsite yesterday lol
Post automatically merged:

I had no smug villagers so it makes sense!

For those who are TTing, how are you getting new campsite villagers? In my friend's TT town she is getting no campsite villagers anymore.... for months.

oh how so?

If you go forward, it counts it as a day or two. I don't TT, but did so at start of my file before any progress and I'm ahead a few days despite being at the same progression as most people.

If you go forward, it counts it as a day or two. I don't TT, but did so at start of my file before any progress and I'm ahead a few days despite being at the same progression as most people.
oh wait how does the upgraded nooks cranny even come in the first place?

I believe island villagers are always random regardless. I did some island hopping during this time, about 60 NMT worth, and never noticed any kind of pattern. So no, it doesn’t work with island hopping, only the campsite. :)

I still have hope for the campsite then. :D I literally just got Judy on the island so that's a step in the right direction! lol

I believe it is 28 days passed since the day Resident Services moved to a building.
ooh! gotcha- so basically if i tt will it come faster? i really want to try finding campsite villagers but have always been worried about the possible consequences
thanks for answering my questions btw!! <33

ooh! gotcha- so basically if i tt will it come faster? i really want to try finding campsite villagers but have always been worried about the possible consequences
thanks for answering my questions btw!! <33

Basically. So if you're OK with that, TT away.

Okay so took 8 times for it to be the right villager. 6/8 of them were the right personality type so this works well even if it was tedious ♡

Actually this method seems to work, I ran into 3 crankies in a row and grabbed fang and I don't have a cranky villager!

Do you mind sharing your process?
How much tt'ing did you have to do? :)
Hm A few months worth? I would load up only until Isabelle's morning announcement told me if there was a camper or not. If not I would just close the game, tick the date forward, and reload. I suggest watching something on TV because the load times are a little long.

Would you need an empty plot for a campsite villager to show up? Also has Raymond only been showing up in campsites or islands also?

Well, I gave this a go tonight. I didn't have a cranky and Butch was in the campsite. Even though I like Bubbles, I want a different peppy, so I reset Butch's move until he was kicking out Bubbles. Now, I should be getting peppies in my tent. I'm not going to TT, so it probably won't be a fast process, but at least my odds are higher now.

Yeah, this was how New Leaf was. I don't have a smug but I'm thinking once Buck or Lucky ask to go, I'll leave the space free (instead of using an amiibo to fill) and see if I see him pop his head in the camp. I'm not sure if there's benefit to having every personality like NL with Pwps so that's why I'll take a smug in for a bit I think till we find out more with the game and as more is added.

He isn't really a wanted villager of mine. I'm not really a huge fan of smugs. But I wouldn't really be opposed to giving him a chance if he swings around.

The game actually wants you to have all villager personalities so it makes sense.

Snooty was the only missing personality in my village and Portia showed up in camp yesterday. I kinda expected that to happen since 6 personalities are forced onto you leaving out Cranky and Snooty. I could've replaced Curlos, but I didn't. Might as well cycle through them and wait for Blanche.

The game actually wants you to have all villager personalities so it makes sense.

Snooty was the only missing personality in my village and Portia showed up in camp yesterday. I kinda expected that to happen since 6 personalities are forced onto you leaving out Cranky and Snooty. I could've replaced Curlos, but I didn't. Might as well cycle through them and wait for Blanche.

It makes sense the game would want you to have all personalities. And honestly, it makes sense why my latest random move in was Freya, a snooty villager as that's the only personality I didn't have at the time.

Now I have one of each personality, plus an extra jock villager.

Hm A few months worth? I would load up only until Isabelle's morning announcement told me if there was a camper or not. If not I would just close the game, tick the date forward, and reload. I suggest watching something on TV because the load times are a little long.
ooh! how does the announcement go btw- just there's a villager visiting? :0

Back