How to increase odds of getting Raymond (or anyone!)

I had one of each type (+2 Normal) except Smug and spent over 300 tickets and didn’t get Raymond or hardly any smugs. orz

I had one of each type (+2 Normal) except Smug and spent over 300 tickets and didn’t get Raymond or hardly any smugs. orz

This doesn’t apply to island hopping, only the campsite ^^
Post automatically merged:

In my experience and that of my friend’s, no.

Did you have all but one personality type of villager living on your island already? 😮

Shame. Would love to get Raymond through the campsite but I have two smugs, both I don't want to let go. ;~;

My first natural campsite visit was Fang, and at the time I already had 2 crankies in my town, so I ended up with 3...not sure how likely the game is to actually fill out your personalities.

Yep. We were both only missing smug. Neither of us saw smug villagers more than other personalities.

Ahh that’s unfortunate :(
A bit odd too, since I definitely noticed more cranky villagers in my campsite when I had no crankies - all but one of my campsite visitors during that time was cranky. (And I don’t feel like I could’ve gotten Raymond through sheer luck alone lol.) Maybe there was another factor involved? Sorry it didn’t work out for you 😅

Ahh that’s unfortunate :(
A bit odd too, since I definitely noticed more cranky villagers in my campsite when I had no crankies - all but one of my campsite visitors during that time was cranky. (And I don’t feel like I could’ve gotten Raymond through sheer luck alone lol.) Maybe there was another factor involved? Sorry it didn’t work out for you 😅

Yeah, it all worked out in the end. I found Raymond the old fashion way. But I have to admit, after spending 3 weeks of grinding for like 6+ hours a day for NMT with Nook Miles+ (over 500 tickets)... I... have no desire to look for more villagers. I will leave it to fate from now on. Or whatever. :LOL:

Yeah, it all worked out in the end. I found Raymond the old fashion way. But I have to admit, after spending 3 weeks of grinding for like 6+ hours a day for NMT with Nook Miles+ (over 500 tickets)... I... have no desire to look for more villagers. I will leave it to fate from now on. Or whatever. :LOL:
So I need to grind for 500 tickets to get him. 😂 I'm not sure I could do 6 hours a day since I have other stuff to do. ;~;

So I need to grind for 500 tickets to get him. 😂 I'm not sure I could do 6 hours a day since I have other stuff to do. ;~;

If it had been any other time than the past month I wouldn't have either. I guess it's the one nice thing about quarantine!

It's actually 28 days since Island Rep moved in (i.e starting a new game)

Is that so? I saw a lot of others saying otherwise. Well, we'll see.. I think I'm getting close to 28 days due to a little TT I had to do.

So it seems this method is pretty much confirmed now, as I’ve seen several others sharing their methods regarding the ‘campsite trick’ to get their dreamies (most of which are explained better than I did lol)! Yay! 😊

Back