• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I fell inside a hole I dug. How does this happen?

Bluebellie

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Island
Melancolia
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I fell inside the hole. When I tried to do it a second time, I am not falling in again but now I just hop over the hole.
why did I fall in the first time? It sort of looked like the pitfall seed trap from new leaf.

This has happened to me before. Mostly when I used the pole vault and landed in a hole across the way. You may have fallen in the hole because your character was pushed against it. You jumped over the hole the second time because your character had room to move and it was possible to make the jump. 😁

It's possible to fall into a hole without using the vaulting pole at all, but I don't know exactly how you can get it to happen. I've had this too! After I fell in I tried a few times to do it again, but I could not get it. Look, I saved a video:

It's possible to fall into a hole without using the vaulting pole at all, but I don't know exactly how you can get it to happen. I've had this too! After I fell in I tried a few times to do it again, but I could not get it. Look, I saved a video:

Yeah that’s how it went! I undug a flower and when I passed by , I fell. I tried to recreate it, but it just didn’t happen again. I thought it may be luck or something, but I wasn’t sure if there were unlucky days like there was on new leaf.

they did add unlucky days to NH, I've seen videos, lol. Could be unlucky day

Yeah that’s how it went! I undug a flower and when I passed by , I fell. I tried to recreate it, but it just didn’t happen again. I thought it may be luck or something, but I wasn’t sure if there were unlucky days like there was on new leaf.

Unlucky days and tripping were added at the same time they added balloons, which was the August update! My video was taken on the 22nd of July, before that update ever happened, so while I think it should be possible to trip into a hole it's definitely not what we are looking at here. :D

Unlucky days and tripping were added at the same time they added balloons, which was the August update! My video was taken on the 22nd of July, before that update ever happened, so while I think it should be possible to trip into a hole it's definitely not what we are looking at here. :D
I wonder what triggers it then. I see that people seem to get this when they use the vaulting pole. However I don’t use the vault in pole any longer. Once I built my bridges, I have pretty much gotten rid of the pole. That day I didn’t have it on me.

This has happened to me once, a couple months ago! I don’t know why, but it is just like the effect of the pit trap, (which my husband was nice enough to place around his island one day when I was visiting).

My experience of falling in a regular hole happened on a mystery island, so i know it wasn’t any mischief maker in that case!

This has happened to me once, a couple months ago! I don’t know why, but it is just like the effect of the pit trap, (which my husband was nice enough to place around his island one day when I was visiting).

My experience of falling in a regular hole happened on a mystery island, so i know it wasn’t any mischief maker in that case!
Oh yes! I have never placed one though on my island, and I don’t Think it was a mischief maker (since I haven’t played with anyone. But I guess it’s just random. It’s only ever happened once. It was kind of nice though 😂

@Mick
What if you dug up the elusive antlion and it tried to drag you in.

Also that's pretty funny and a little unfortunate you can fall in your own hole.

Ah, so that's why we never see Blathers digging up his own fossils and why he gets a random child to do it. He knows!

This happened to me once and it freaked out my three-year-old son!

It really upset him to see our character fall in the hole as he had no idea what was happening.

He covered his eyes whenever I dug up a fossil for months afterwards.

This same exact thing happened to me too, but waaay before the August update. I think it's cause I tried to sidestep, like when our characters squeeze thou diagonal stuff. I tried recreating it but I wasn't able to do it.

This same exact thing happened to me too, but waaay before the August update. I think it's cause I tried to sidestep, like when our characters squeeze thou diagonal stuff. I tried recreating it but I wasn't able to do it.

I also think it has to do with small gaps and that little hop that the characters do! It is a little odd that it is so hard to do intentionally though. Makes me wonder if it's just a very precise thing or plain (bad) luck!

LOL!

Oh wow I didn’t know that was possible at all O_O I gotta be careful after digging holes now o:

side note: is there a way to know if we’re having an unlucky day in NH aside from tripping?

I also think it has to do with small gaps and that little hop that the characters do! It is a little odd that it is so hard to do intentionally though. Makes me wonder if it's just a very precise thing or plain (bad) luck!

I was thinking this. It has to be the small space, even based on the video the space was small enough that it wasn't walkable. We would normally try to "squeeze" through, except in this case, if there's a hole in the ground, you fall into it.

when this happened to me the first time I giggled so much. did not know that could happen! :ROFLMAO:

Back