• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I just bought the NA version...

Truffle

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Ancient Lantern
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Silver Mailbox
Long story short: I saw a tumblr blog, and the person had already bought the game early at a Walmart where she lived. Naturally, I called a few stores in my town, and one store said I could buy the game there, if I would like. There weren't any problems with the release date being June 9th, and the game scanned normally - like a released game. I'll try to answer any questions tomorrow, but yeah. It's still kinda surreal that I actually bought the game. =P

Has anyone else in North America bought the game from a retail store already?

Last edited:
Lucky you! And here there was all this worry that only those who pre-ordered would be able to get the game!

Aren't these stores supposed to get in major trouble for selling them early? ><
I haven't checked my local stores, because I already have it preordered at GameStop. (Y'know, during that panic where only people who preordered it would get the game?)
I mean, even if I could get the game earlier if one of my local stores had it early, I probably wouldn't get it.
We're already in the final stretch, so I can hold out for a few more days! c:​

Congrats! Hope you're enjoying it :3

Just curious - what does the cartridge and game manual look like?

Very nice! I'm expecting to get a copy tomorrow too!

Aw. And I just got my confirmation call from Game Stop telling me to come pick it up on Sunday. Baw.

XD You are very lucky. But I have to think the Walmarts are providing these games in error. They couldn't have been given any official go-ahead. Hmm. How curious.

I'll make sure to post pictures of the game cartridge, case, guide, etc. tomorrow for you guys to look at. =)
I also preordered at Gamestop, but they let me cancel, and move the $5 I put down to pre-order a different game instead.

I'll make sure to post pictures of the game cartridge, case, guide, etc. tomorrow for you guys to look at. =)
I also preordered at Gamestop, but they let me cancel, and move the $5 I put down to pre-order a different game instead.

Yay! :D I'll look forward to it :3
The game cartridge and manual are pretty much the only reason why I opted to go with the physical copy xD

Haha, same. xD
The satisfaction of peeling off the cellophane wrapper & looking at the pretty artwork makes it worthwhile heading to the store, over downloading it at home.

Congrats on being one of the handful who got it early! I keep reading that Kmart/Best Buy released a few copies early, but not Walmart. I'm excited for those manual pictures.

Congrats! I would've checked when I was in Walmart today but my game is already paid off at Gamestop. I think I can hold out 4 more days to pick up my copy and buy some new PS3 games too! :)

I remember when Skyrim broke the street date in aus.

It was only one day but MAN I ran like at idiot all the way to the mall just to get it early. Enjoy your copy of New Leaf :)

I'm still waiting for a call to confirm that my pre-order has come in. I, like many people here I bet, panicked that it wouldn't be available on release day in stores. I might still have to wait an extra day if I don't have time on Sunday to pick it up (if it's there at all), but I'm not worried about that.
Congrats on getting it early! I hope that Walmart won't get into trouble for selling it early, though...

I didn't expect so many copies to be gotten early. lol

Wonder what the deal is. Does Nintendo just not mind that they're out early?

I didn't expect so many copies to be gotten early. lol

Wonder what the deal is. Does Nintendo just not mind that they're out early?

Or they don't know? I can't imagine they don't care.

Anyway, last night we went to Best Buy, Target, WalMart, and GameStop (where I oh-so-casually handed them my bundle pre-order receipt and was all "Sooo... when can I pick this up?" "Sunday." "... 'kay.") and had no luck anywhere. Oh well. My husband suggested asking someone to get it for me, but I didn't want to somehow be involved in some poor clueless clerk getting in trouble or losing their job. So we just looked.

Way to go for everyone scoring it early, though. ^_^

I wish I could get it early! >w< But I am downloading so...regardless I have to wait. Unless...hack the EShop we must...MWUAHA! /kidding ^-^''

Seriously, congratulations. How nice is the 3d? Does it look like you need to play with it on to really see the time put into the graphics or is it okay off too?

Back