• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I think all the villagers should be replaced.

Do you agree?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 93.6%

• Total voters

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Everyone hates the current villagers I think, so I think they should all be replaced with brand new ones. Keep the new ones but remove all the ones that were in past games.

So... you want to remove all of our favorite villagers? How dare you!

HAVE YOU SEEN GRAHAM

he is my spirit animal

edit: oops I read wrong but still look at this cutie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I'm going to say yes. Well maybe not all, because it would be nice if they kept some favorites around. But it would be refreshing if most of the animals were new in each game. It would help keep things feeling fresh and new.

You have to find balance with the old and new. On one hand, if the same villagers get recycled over and over again, the game will become stagnant, as new villagers are a big part of making the game feel fresh. On the other hand, Animal Crossing is very much a game about companionship. We get very attached to our animal friends, and it makes us happy to see our old friends from generation to generation. There's also the fact that no two games are the same, so your Wild World, Gamecube, and New Leaf towns will all have entirely different sets of villagers.

Last edited:
Only takes one person to say something. =p

He could be legitimate about the poll. I mean, it's a pretty straightforward question.
No need to really call anyone out as a troll guys.

Only takes one person to say something. =p

He could be legitimate about the poll. I mean, it's a pretty straightforward question.
No need to really call anyone out as a troll guys.

It isn't so much the question, so much as the wording. Whenever anyone says that "everyone hates" something, my mind automatically goes to troll.

But you're right, I shouldn't be so closed minded about it. I guess I'm sorry for generalizing you, OP.

I don't think it's a troll. I think it's a legitimate question. Which will be answered with my very unpopular opinion.

I don't understand this whole thing with older villagers. The personalities of Bob the cat and Egbert the Rooster are exactly the same. Both are Lazy.

That said, I agree with what Juicebox said. You gotta have a balance between old and new

Dude are you ****ing serious? Ill start a riot in the street before I buy an Animal Crossing without Wolfgang and Bill!

Coming up with a huge cast of new characters would be too cost ineffective and time consuming. Either that or less villagers means you would start seeing repeat residents pretty fast. All-around bad idea Im afraid, OP!

Obvious troll is obvious.

wow ur so cool and bad ass teach me how to be like u!!!!!!!!!!

n e ways no this question was serious guys i hate all the old villagers i want all new ones but i was just asking so everyone calm yourselves damn this is just animal crossing

Coming up with a huge cast of new characters would be too cost ineffective and time consuming. Either that or less villagers means you would start seeing repeat residents pretty fast. All-around bad idea Im afraid, OP!

Explain how it would be too cost ineffective.

Well I think YOU should be replaced >:[
Jk c:

Eh, not all, but some old ones should most definitely be replaced. I wouldn't mind more new ones, though

Maybe just make even more personality types, even if only two, and add them to old characters.

Character development is a thing, so they could have the characters with new personalities hint or not at the fact, or even talk about how they once were.

Oooorrrr, maybe some new personality types... but each character can have two, or something. I don't know. Butts.

Maybe just make even more personality types

This.

We had a big discussion before the game was released about the possibility of new personality types. They added a couple in with New Leaf, but it'd be nice if in the next installment we could get a lot more.

Back