• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

If you could take one element from New Horizons and bring it to New Leaf, what would you choose?

I would bring the villager housing plots over from New Horizons. It's just annoying when you take a bit of a break from the game and return to villagers having their house in the worst spot possible

I would bring the villager housing plots over from New Horizons. It's just annoying when you take a bit of a break from the game and return to villagers having their house in the worst spot possible
e x a c t l y
I really need the house moving feature too, i really dislike that i need to move a villager out to get their house out of my natural path, it would be so much easier if they could just relocate.

e x a c t l y
I really need the house moving feature too, i really dislike that i need to move a villager out to get their house out of my natural path, it would be so much easier if they could just relocate.
That's so annoying as well, especially if they're one of your favourites

Placing villagers' homes. I spent so long in AC:NL just plot resetting, sometimes it felt like I did that more than actually playing the game. Not having villagers moving directly in front of your house or in your flowerbeds or on your paths is so much better.

Also, if I had to pick a feature from AC:NL to bring to AC:NH I would like the be able to change the looks of the resident services and the airport like we could with Town Hall and the train station. I miss being able to make those fit the theme of my town more. 😭

Absolutely the skin tones and the ability to place things outside. Those features are both really important to the game for various reasons. I would be ecstatic to see those features in New Leaf

For me it's picking when villagers leave. I'm too afraid to boot up my New Leaf town because of that, and it's kind of sad that I can't do a walkthrough without risking losing one of my favorites. u_u I haven't seen the place since March 2020.

Moving rocks and placing villager plots are a close second though!!

Serious answer: outside furniture.
Like, it makes so much sense. There are so many options for outdoor items.

Not letting villagers randomly move. Not letting a random hippo move into the middle of a path

Villagers never moving unless they ask you first and you say yes.

I loathed the fact that in New Leaf villagers could just move away on you without them even talking to you. I was always paranoid that someone would move out on me. Which is why I have my last played date written down for both my towns if I ever play them again. I really like that I don't have to worry about it in New Horizons as they will only move if they ask and to which I always respond no. :)

My villagers not being able to move away without talking to me first :c

I'm glad we're assuming stuff like skin tones would be already included because that would be a big one for me.

I think the main one would be choosing where plots go.

its hard to decide between villager plots or placing furniture outside. i guess villager plots would be better since my town is decorated enough with pwps.. although i could add more decorations... .-. idk

You as the Mayor have control over where buildings and homes are supposed to go. Seriously it always bothered me how the villager homes were so randomly placed in New Leaf and there was no way to move them.

i think that we all agreed for the plotting plot of the houses of villager. Cx
but i would like the option to choose the skin color in New Leaf, not to burn in the sun for that... :/

It would be between three since picking one is just to hard. Being able to place your villagers houses sinceb they always moved to a bad spot. Villagers not randomly leaving when you have to take a break. The last would be placing items outside. I don’t like how it works in NL. Its a pain if you put something in the wrong spot and have to pay to remove it and then pay again to place it.

Custom design slot expansion, for sure!!!! My biggest gripe with new leaf haha

Although it is an unpopular opinion, hacking with the map editors really made terraforming in acnl great. I loved how EVERYTHING was exchangeable, the river exits, the grass wear, the town hall... I think it was even easier than it is in acnh. So I guess it would come down to the extra design slots or the outside furniture. That would have given us so many possibilities lol.

Some may have mentioned, but definitely the ability to only let villagers move when you're online and they are thought bubbling lol, when I left my ACNL and came back and had some surprises aka villagers I disliked and ofc my drreamies were gone ye haha not a fun feeling. Another thing would be a bit more customization, some would disagree but terraforming LOL maybe it wouldn't hold as well on a handheld console but personally I LOVE design on ACNH and would have loved for something more of this to be implemented earlier^^

This lat one would be a big maybe, but I have an obsession with RNG in AC so maybe DIYs, something about RNG craftables especially when you land the one you most want at said time feels so fulfilling <3 overall there are definitely things from both games that could work either which way.

outside furniture, probably.

like, new leaf has some stuff that nh doesn't, but the biggest thing that is a pain to go without is being able to just put furniture outside for exterior decoration. new leaf's system of "pay thousands of bells to put a bench in one spot, wait a day for it to be put there and you can't move it unless you pay thousands of more bells to wait ANOTHER DAY to move it 6 inches to the right." really wasn't well thought out...

Back