• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

If you could take one element from New Horizons and bring it to New Leaf, what would you choose?

Speaking honestly, I didn't like the wholesome of New Horizons (yeah haters, come get me, I'm ready for you...). I won't deny it has some quite amazing features, but the things I dislike are vastly many more than the things I do like. Sorry not sorry, it's just the truth.

From the gameplays I've watched, though, the villagers singing is my most beloved feature. That's so adorable!... But villagers also sang in the Happy Home Designer spin-off, so I don't think that counts? Then... I guess I'd choose the villagers' clothing. I mean, that I like how now they can also wear hats, bags and other accessories and IT SHOWS, just like the players.

To be able to choose where the shops and villagers go. It makes it so much less stressful!

Placing furniture outside.
Picking up bells automatically goes into your wallet.
Choosing where your villagers house goes.
and official paths and fences.

The ability to choose skin colour. It's pretty ridiculous that it was only possible to temporarily darken your character's skin colour through "tanning". I only realised it a few years ago and I was surprised at my own ignorance, but it left so many players unrepresented!

After replaying New Leaf, it would be either villager home placements or the new wardrobe/dressing rooms

Echoing what everyone has been saying:
1. Villager Placement
I think I would've enjoyed NL even more if this feature was in. I absolutely hated when villagers chose a spot that ruined a path or destroyed a flower bed, etc.

2. Furniture Placement (outside)
Being able to place any furniture outside would've made NL even more fun. I loved many Public Work Projects, but the spacing of many of them sometimes caused issue, especially the max requirement. That being said, there are some PWPs like the wisteria trelis, statue fountain and zen garden that I very much wish were in NH.

NH definitely isn't one of my favorite animal crossing games, but there are some features in the game I really wish they had in NL ^^
One of the mains things, would be that villagers couldn't leave without your permission, granted in NL they will ask you about it if you happen to run into them, but if you don't they just leave. In NL they'll think about it, but won't do it until you give them an answer, I really like that way of the whole moving out situation and I really wish NL would do that too (yesterday I lost Pietro to a time traveling incident and I'm still recovering D : )

One last thing I'd probably add is the wash up of bottles on the beach, obviously not of DIYS but probably just things like furniture, clothes, wallpapers, etc. it's not something I'm desperate for, just thought that would've been a neat addition to NL ^^

This might be a bit repetitive of previous answers, but my top three things I'd love to see in NL would be

- Moving furniture outside. I think it would go SO well with the pwp builds if we could place even more things around them.

- Being able to put house plots down wherever we want! I'll never forgive Ursula for ruining my zen garden by moving right in front of my doorstep.

- More design slots! I saw so many incredible designs when playing NL and I often felt sad not being able to use all my favourite designs at once.

Having been playing more, I'm changing my answer to putting stuff outside.
I got a slide today and temporarily forgot it could only go in my house where I totally don't want one lol

Also I wish I could smash rocks.

100% the whole 'villagers won't leave unless you let them' method that NH introduced. It's the one thing I've hated about NL for as long as I can remember.

to be completely honest i just want to be able to smash rocks.
so many perfect town layouts went in the trash bc one or two rocks in the way </3

Dig up mature trees and move them to a new location. Hate waiting for trees to grow.

My one feature I’d want is to have villagers ask you if they wanted to leave. I love not having to worry about my favorite villager randomly packing his boxes. I love how villagers ask you and I honestly hope they keep this feature for the next main series game.

id probably say terraforming! it would be so cool to change the layout of our towns to create dimension and variety from each other, especially since there’s already set town maps that means a lot of us will have similar if not the same layout.

I guess the hair movement, because it looks more natural hihihi

I think placing furniture outside would be the biggest one for me, but a close second would be pocket expansions. Once I came back to nl that was the biggest adjustment I had to make, only being able to carry 16 things!

Villagers needing permission to leave.
Another is choosing placement of/moving villagers but I feel like the first is more important.

On another note, I wish Megan existed in new leaf.

Back