• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros If you had the choice to remove one fighter from the game.

Removing the whole roster seems like a pretty good idea

Last edited:
Dr. Mario is WAY worse than non-Doc version, this isn't Melee. (Unless you were talking about Melee...)

I don't play super competitively, so I really don't know which one is better in SSB4. They are so similar expect for down B, and I never use FLUDD, so I prefer Doc a little (not that I like playing as either of them). If pros think Doc is worse, then that's even more of a reason that he shouldn't be there. He's not really a Nintendo "all-star", so I don't know why they brought Doc back anyway when there were a lot of better options for that roster spot.

Why are you guys ranting? Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina may be clones, but they certainly didn't take a full roster spot. It took a short period of time for the smash bros. dev team to make them.

lucina falco and dark pit clones are useless
dr. mario and ganondorf are different enough from the characters the emulate to be acceptable

To be honest, I really don't think characters need to be taken out. They all offer something unique to the roster and are all a part of Nintendo's history.

While I personally still don't understand Rosalina's rise to popularity and becoming a character in the series, she's a fun character to play as and I wouldn't want to take her out.

There's just a couple character I would like to see reworked or re imagined, like Falco, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit. I think they all have the potential to be truly unique from their clone counterparts, and while Falco and Ganondorf have started to differentiate from Fox and Captain Falcon in their own little ways, they're still clones at heart. Dark Pit, given more time, could use a lot of the different weapons from KI:U that he used in his chapter of the same name. I understand Sakurai's decision to make him his own character aside from being a costume for Pit, and I think it's great that he has his own slot. I just wish that whenever Smash 5 comes around, someone takes a look at him and revamps the moveset.

Also, I think Lucina should become a costume for Marth. Now that Roy's back, she's somewhat obsolete now.

they should remove rosalina and paulutina. lame ass characters, along with ganon of course

or keep Lucina and remove Marth, too bad it ain't gonna happen

Lucina should stay. She's representing the flat chested ladies.

Marth's just a Roy clone, who is just a Lucina clone. Remove Mii Sword Fighter to rectify this.

I'd remove Pit, because I think he's really terrible this time around. Him or Dark Pit, though Dark Pit is decent. I think Pit should just be better and have a Dark Pit skin.

There's also too many Waluigi's.

Red Waluigi? Yellow Waluigi? Green Waluigi?

Worst part is, they've not even put Waluigi himself in the game!
They really should if they are going to put wario in. Im sure waluigi would be twice as popular anyway XD I would use him :3

or keep Lucina and remove Marth, too bad it ain't gonna happen

Lucina and Marth's playstyle is really different despite their various similarities. Marth, in my opinion, is better for For Glory 1v1 because of his tipper damage. Lucina I think is better for 2v2 because of her whole sword damage. Roy is eh... I didn't really have a strong urge for him to return. I was hoping if he did he'd be completely different from Lucina and Marth, but nope.

They really should if they are going to put wario in. Im sure waluigi would be twice as popular anyway XD I would use him :3

I think Wario was a bit different. He at least had his own games rather than just being there to be somebodies doubles partner.

I don't really have any strong feelings for or against Waluigi.

Is there actually a list of sorts that describes the amount of resources/time it takes to complete different things like characters/stages/modes? Honestly I'd prefer stages over clones any time really, even if they're almost exactly the same with no changes like in Dreamland.

In terms of removing; they're already in, so there's no point in just deleting all the work that went into them.

Is there actually a list of sorts that describes the amount of resources/time it takes to complete different things like characters/stages/modes? Honestly I'd prefer stages over clones any time really, even if they're almost exactly the same with no changes like in Dreamland.

In terms of removing; they're already in, so there's no point in just deleting all the work that went into them.

I think once a character has been in the game, they should be in the series permanently whether they're a unique character or a clone.

For one, them going away is just removing somebodies favorite character. That ain't cool.

Secondly, judging by the DLC so far, we end up getting them back anyway except we have to pay like ?5 each for them. I would rather they be in the game by default if they're gonna come back anyway as DLC.

I'll let 3rd party characters be exempt from that though. Sometimes it's just not gonna be possible for 3rd party characters to return, usually from licencing issues.
First party characters don't have those issues.

Last edited:
Back