• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros If you had the choice to remove one fighter from the game.

I agree with Lucario. Him and Mewtwo are too alike for my tastes :)

In what way? The only thing that I see is similar between them is the Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere.

Bowser Jr.

Why are you even here? Why? Nobody even plays as you, you know. They all go straight to you, pick you, and then change you to one of your sibling koopas or w/e

Now if Bowser Jr. was actually playable OUTSIDE his hover thing, I'd love to play as him. Like if he could run and jump and stuff with his own arms and legs. Right now thought he is trash and I will never use him.

Excuse you
Bowser Jr is my main and I use his skin/Ludwig's

In what way? The only thing that I see is similar between them is the Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere.

Excuse you
Bowser Jr is my main and I use his skin/Ludwig's

I don't know. I just feel like with the large amount of Pokemon that they could of released one that has a way different style than how Lucario and Mewtwo are. Whenever I play as them I feel like they're too similar to each other. Both charge those attacks you mentioned, they both mega evolve as their Sm4sh attack, and they just feel similar. It's hard to explain, but I feel like they could of done something better than bring Mewtwo back. What about fighting as a Steelix or something unique like that for example??

As for Bowser Jr, I respect you use him as one of your mains, but to me he would of been so much cooler if he was made playable outside his hover thingy, even if it was another alternate costume :rolleyes:

I don't know. I just feel like with the large amount of Pokemon that they could of released one that has a way different style than how Lucario and Mewtwo are. Whenever I play as them I feel like they're too similar to each other. Both charge those attacks you mentioned, they both mega evolve as their Sm4sh attack, and they just feel similar. It's hard to explain, but I feel like they could of done something better than bring Mewtwo back. What about fighting as a Steelix or something unique like that for example??

As for Bowser Jr, I respect you use him as one of your mains, but to me he would of been so much cooler if he was made playable outside his hover thingy, even if it was another alternate costume :rolleyes:

Charizard mega evolves too, but his is a transformation, rather than an attack like Mewtwo's FS
I don't really see how they 'feel' similar myself, especially with Lucario's aura (and the fact I'm not half bad with Mewtwo but I can't play Lucario at all) but people have voiced a similar opinion to you so you're not alone
If Steelix is big enough for Smash, then so is Ridley. I don't really see why on earth they'd choose Steelix when Mewtwo was the most requested fighter to return

He would be interesting to see outside of the Jr Clown Car, but I prefer the concept of him using a clown car and that each of the Koopalings are an alternate skin

Charizard mega evolves too, but his is a transformation, rather than an attack like Mewtwo's FS
I don't really see how they 'feel' similar myself, especially with Lucario's aura (and the fact I'm not half bad with Mewtwo but I can't play Lucario at all) but people have voiced a similar opinion to you so you're not alone
If Steelix is big enough for Smash, then so is Ridley. I don't really see why on earth they'd choose Steelix when Mewtwo was the most requested fighter to return

He would be interesting to see outside of the Jr Clown Car, but I prefer the concept of him using a clown car and that each of the Koopalings are an alternate skin

Yeah, I don't know why I feel like Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. I guess I'm just weird like that, lol :rolleyes:

And Steelix was just an example as I was thinking on the spot. I'm sure there's much better examples that could work and would be interesting, but I can't think of any atm...

For Bowser Jr. to each their own I guess. I do like the fact that they added another Mario villain in him :)

I seriously don't understand why people are complaining about Dark Pit and Lucina being characters instead of outfits. They were PLANNED to be outfits but were made into swperate characters. Samurai even said they took barely any dev time, so it isn't like they "robbed" anyone of their space.

It feels like if Alph was made into a character, people would whine about making him an outfit again. Why.

On the topic of Ganondorf being a 'Falcon clone' (I'm a page or two late, so it's not exactly 'on the topic'), it'd be interesting to see Ganon in beast form alongside human Ganondorf so that we could have the magic, trident wielding wizard character as opposed to removing him or changing him and upsetting fans

Yeah, I don't know why I feel like Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. I guess I'm just weird like that, lol :rolleyes:

And Steelix was just an example as I was thinking on the spot. I'm sure there's much better examples that could work and would be interesting, but I can't think of any atm...

For Bowser Jr. to each their own I guess. I do like the fact that they added another Mario villain in him :)

At first glance, I did think Lucario was Mewtwo's replacement, but after I played him I took it back

Well there's always Suicine, Machamp, and Gardevoir (albeit she's a Pokeball pokemon, but so was Charizard) in Pokken, so perhaps they could be implemented in Smash.

Yeah, not just a Mario villian, but a villian - which Smash Bros is greatly lacking (King K Rool, anyone?) Also, through Bowser Jr we have our only female villian in the game - Wendy.

On the topic of Ganondorf being a 'Falcon clone' (I'm a page or two late, so it's not exactly 'on the topic'), it'd be interesting to see Ganon in beast form alongside human Ganondorf so that we could have the magic, trident wielding wizard character as opposed to removing him or changing him and upsetting fans

At first glance, I did think Lucario was Mewtwo's replacement, but after I played him I took it back

Well there's always Suicine, Machamp, and Gardevoir (albeit she's a Pokeball pokemon, but so was Charizard) in Pokken, so perhaps they could be implemented in Smash.

Yeah, not just a Mario villian, but a villian - which Smash Bros is greatly lacking (King K Rool, anyone?) Also, through Bowser Jr we have our only female villian in the game - Wendy.

Yeah, I have to agree that Sm4sh is really lacking in the villains department. We need more villains :)

I seriously don't understand why people are complaining about Dark Pit and Lucina being characters instead of outfits. They were PLANNED to be outfits but were made into swperate characters. Samurai even said they took barely any dev time, so it isn't like they "robbed" anyone of their space.

It feels like if Alph was made into a character, people would whine about making him an outfit again. Why.

Exactly, it annoys me they weren't supposed to be characters in the first place, so I don't really understand why people are complaining we're getting extra characters that play differently. I prefer Marth to Lucina and Mario to Dr Mario, but I prefer Dark Pit to Pit, which is why I'm glad that Dark Pit was created

Actually, Alph was planned to be a separate character. So yeah, people would've probably complained that we got an extra character that plays differently rather than a palette swap.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I have to agree that Sm4sh is really lacking in the villains department. We need more villains :)

King K Rool? Pleeasseee Nintendo?

F***ing Little Mac!!! First off, he already has a fighting game (Punch Out!!), second, he's just an eyesore and lastly, his final smash is just a Mega Bowser rip-off!

F***ing Little Mac!!! First off, he already has a fighting game (Punch Out!!), second, he's just an eyesore and lastly, his final smash is just a Mega Bowser rip-off!

Don't worry, lots of other people including myself dislike Little Mac too :)

I don't. I think Jigglypuff needs to go as well. :/

Personally I'm neutral, I never really got into her but I have no problem with her either. I don't think I can share the Jiggle hate because I've never played an experienced Jigglypuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I love Little Mac, it's fun to be the underdog/"wtf is wrong with this person" in For Glory matches, and he's a great character if you know the little secrets to getting back (like countering at the edge) and as long as you stay in the middle and FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING NOT USE THE SIDE B TO CHARGE PEOPLE I think he's a very unique character that brings something unexpected to smash ^-^ *gets umbrella for inevitable ragestorm*

hmm personally i think there are too many characters from a certain game who Id love to replace. im not hating on these characters...i love these games in fact but they make everything seem so redundant.

1. Link and Toon Link - seriously two Links is weird... they should have made midna a fighter...or maybe Saria.
2. Mario and Doc Mario - again two marios
3. Samus and unarmored samus - eventhough unarmored Samus is Hot
4. Lucina, Ike, Marth, and Roy - Seriously theyre like mirror characters of each other... its a good thing Robin is somehow different. there are tons of characters in the the fire emblem series they could have used... how about lissa, Tharja or a bow user? I love Chrom but its a good thing they didnt add him. (id like olivia too by the way)

basically i just wanted variety. i love all these characters though. I would also love to see Isabelle in action too as a fighter. Animal Crossing is one of nintendos Milk money right? so it deserves more time in Smash.

I'm with you there. Duck hunt is annoying af. Does anyone even main him?? lol :rolleyes:

I've never been annoyed with Duck Hunt, really. If he spams his moves, he's easy to punish.

I've never been annoyed with Duck Hunt, really. If he spams his moves, he's easy to punish.

It's not that he's annoying cause of his fighting style, IMO, I just think it's weird that they'd put such an old character into a game like this. I mean I don't even think he was called what he is in the game he came from. I think the dog and bird were just cameo figures, lol

Last edited:

This is what the world is coming to on little macs.
They all hate us.
Were constantly punished for our bad recovery.
Its not our fault...
But this will stand no long.
Little Mac mains must come together and defeat the top teirs,
WHOS WITH ME?!!

*Crickets*

Back