If you had to move somewhere else where would you go to?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1778-2704-5495
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
I bring this up since I was thinking of moving again sometime in the next few years and didn't see a recent thread on this subject. If you had to move somewhere else where would you go to?

Personally I'm thinking of moving to the Twin cities, or Minneapolis and Saint Paul in Minnesota. From what I can tell they have a similar culture to past places I've lived and would be cheaper for me to live there compared to where I'm at currently. The Mall of America and all of the parks look awesome too.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm moving in a couple months and it turned out just as I predicted. Namely that I won't be moving too far from where I am now, which I'm good with. I'm super excited!!! 🥳

I have moved a couple of times in my life - was born, and spent the first few years, in the north of England but later moved to the south. If I moved again I’d probably stay in the south as it has good links to places I like to go but I’d move somewhere cheaper - unfortunately the cost of living is very high in this area.
If I moved out of the UK I’d probably pick somewhere in Canada as I have some family that live there and always used to enjoy visiting them.

We have been considering moving ourselves in the next few years depending on how things go economically. We may not move at all, but it is something we are considering.
Things we are looking at are:
-property taxes (and housing market too I guess)
We moved before because of this issue of taxes quickly increasing.
-Being outside of city limits.
Not a fan of cities banning any kind of pet bird or rabbit inside or outside your house when you can drive to a PetSmart one city over and buy them or cities discussing banning gardens. Unfortunately this is a thing that is getting too common. It's nonsense impo.
-A property with more land room.
It would be nice to have a larger garden or do other things.
-Closer to regions of work.
North seems to have more work available than the rest of our state and some large cities seem to be more stable than others as a result. And North seems to have less county ban discussions about animals. Probably due to the high Amish and Mennonite populations.
-And having a large city within reasonable driving distance.
Less travel at the end of the day for things needed from one city vs 3.

We've discussed moving to another state before but I don't think it's the right move unless the nation crumbles or something dramatic.

In a place far away from other people or veichles. In nature. I need peace, silence, sounds of nature (wind, birds...).
BUT I HATE BUGS. So I don't know D:
Maybe a deserted island with an house on the water could help :unsure:

But I just moved... 🥲 To have to move again already after I worked so hard to pick moving to here. lol

Could I stay in the region? If so I would move to Massachusetts or Maine. Upstate NY, was also considered, but I like New England. Otherwise, Minnesota or Michigan.

If I have to move out of country - Canada or the Scandinavian countries.

Hawaii! I have a deep love for the islands and their culture. But I wouldn't ever want to take more land from the natives, so it'll never happen!

I'm not interested in moving out of my state, but most places within the vicinity of the capital city would be fine. 😊 My major concerns when moving would be crime rate and fire risk.

My concerns with moving out of state would be the liveability of the city, population, crime, traffic, work availability. 😬

Out of country, Canada. 🍁

I have the biggest urge to move to Japan but that’s only from seeing it online. I would have to go there first (which I’m dying to do too, of course).

within the usa, i would move to california if money were no issue. if i could move out of the usa, i would probably just skip north to canada or maybe germany.

I'm working on moving to Ontario so I'd go there! If I had to pick another state though probably Virginia or somewhere in New England.

I have plans to move to Ontario in the future, I'll probably end up a few hours away from Toronto but it's a big goal of mine 💗

I’d love to move to LA! im hoping to maybe go to university there since its still close to my family

I am really happy living where I am, I live in a really nice state even though it is beyond expensive to live here I could not see myself living anywhere else. I also would have to be selective of where in the USA I would move to or consider moving to (I won't get into politics but that plays a huge part in where I would move.) I think I'd love to experience living in Washington, Connecticut, I'd love to live in NY but not in NYC somewhere up north but not super far from NYC so I can take a train or subway in but not in the NYC area if that makes sense.

If i were to live in a different country I think I would pick either Canada, Japan or somewhere in Northern Europe.

I'd like to stay in my province of BC but maybe further away from the city.

Back