• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

If you were a game developer, what would you have included in New Leaf?

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
That wasn't implemented.

This thread may or not make you feel disappointed in the lacking features of NL. ^_^

Me, personally, would have kept the cave and beach bonfire in the early concept map (http://i42.tinypic.com/do08j9.jpg) for starters.

Next, I wish there was more to do while swimming besides diving for undersea treasures.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

I wish you could have picnics with your animals, it'd be cute. I know we can make the picnic area, but it's not the same. I also think it'd be cool if you could have beach parties, like in the movie. In the GC version, I noticed that during the Cherry Blossom festival, the animals would eat and drink at the buffet tables - I really thought that was super adorable. Aerobics should've been brought back too! Shizue could run the aerobics events, she's so cuuuuuuuuute and I think it fits in with her personality. Like, in one of the talks between Iwata and the developers of the game, one of them mentioned that she gets really sad if you choose to not have the mini-celebration party that happens when you complete a public work. I can imagine her being eager about something like aerobics.

Cooking. Maybe not to complex, but maybe the ability to make pies from the fruit collected.

Another would be to actually plan a holiday specifically for your town and you'd choose your own item to represent it (maybe tint the color a bit to make it a little more rare than it's normal counterpart).

Me, personally, would have kept the cave and beach bonfire in the early concept map (http://i42.tinypic.com/do08j9.jpg) for starters.

I forgot all about that cave.

-Dating the neighbors. (Hey it worked without the world exploding in Magician's Quest)
-QUETZAL.
-Bringing back the cute little ball items you could kick around.
-Allowing you to just ask the neighbors for jobs and tasks to do.
-NO ANIMAL TRACKS.
-Since Phineas hands out badges now, I would have created a new NPC to hand out items like baloons, ice cream, bubble blowers, and cute little items like that who would randomly appear by the bench in the Shopping District. From what I can tell, you can only get certain items like this through street pass features. Which is totally not going to work for most people here in the states. It's ALWAYS a good idea to have alternate ways to get items in games like this.
-Allowing a person to pick their skin tone. I don't really need it because my skin is already pale as the moon, but I know other people would like this feature!
-At least one big event/holiday every month. The fishing/bug catching contests are NOT exciting. I'd like to look forward to something special where I can actually do something and feel like I'm having fun every month! It keeps the game from feeling like a drag!
-Bring back the sports fairs and morning aerobics so I can see Copper in his other outfit because I never got to experience that in Population Growing.
-You could pick which police station you wanted, and THEN you could pick which officer you wanted.
-Bat Villagers.
-Berry Bushes. They'd be like the bushes we already get in this game, but you'd have a native berry and maybe a few other types of berry you could get.
-Orchids. ORCHIDS NOW.
-A new shape of tree. Maybe like a willow or something.
-Golden trees! I miss those so much. They could be the money trees.
-Cooking fish with a cooking item. I don't want to eat it. I just want an item that I can use to make cheap, useless fish better. The extra work you have to do is worth a few hundred more bells in some cases. Though if you cooked an expensive fish you'd be losing money. Maybe rarely the player would burn the fish and it'd be trash at that point. My main reason for wanting to cook fish? SEABASS.
-For the males, a nerd personality. I know so many of the male characters who are lazy or jocks who look like they should be nerds instead.
-For the females, a tomboy personality. They would be girls who talk about more boyish things and complain about peppy villagers and snooty villagers.
-The ability to make parts of patterns invisible. It would be useful for making dresses with unique hem designs and nice sleeves. But if you used it on the body it would leave ugly black spots instead. This would also be good for ground patterns!
-Playable instruments (also worked in Magician's Quest)

Cooking. Maybe not to complex, but maybe the ability to make pies from the fruit collected.

My sister would LOVE that. Seriously! We kinda have a role-play/inside joke in WW where she started to "make" pies with our fruit. Only. Pie. :rolleyes: She also "buys" special items like sugar and chocolate from Redd. LOL!

She's planning on making a pie shop in NL. The ability to make real pies would be her dream come true. :p

-Cooking fish with a cooking item. I don't want to eat it. I just want an item that I can use to make cheap, useless fish better. The extra work you have to do is worth a few hundred more bells in some cases. Though if you cooked an expensive fish you'd be losing money. Maybe rarely the player would burn the fish and it'd be trash at that point. My main reason for wanting to cook fish? SEABASS.

Since Blathers likes fish so much, maybe you could give him the cooked fish for special rewards/friendship, along with gifting him fossils. You could gift him bugs to do the opposite. :blush:

-For the males, a nerd personality. I know so many of the male characters who are lazy or jocks who look like they should be nerds instead.
-For the females, a tomboy personality. They would be girls who talk about more boyish things and complain about peppy villagers and snooty villagers.

I like that idea! Make it so, Nintendo!

I would be really creeped out if we could date the villagers x.x

Most of my wants were met in NL, the only feature I'd have added was a separate pocket for our tools. I'd like an alternative to letters for tool storage.

Bigger map, more community projects, more of each project, bigger island, more grid space to put objects on your floor (hope you understand what that means)

I would be really creeped out if we could date the villagers x.x

Most of my wants were met in NL, the only feature I'd have added was a separate pocket for our tools. I'd like an alternative to letters for tool storage.

I would LOVE a separate tool storage spot! Shame they didn't add that!

And for the dating the villagers part, I think it would be neat. Not like.. making out or anything like that kind of dating lol, but more like... I guess like a "Best Friend" feature, where all the other villagers know how close you are with one particular villager, and maybe some are jealous. And perhaps your "Best Friend" would randomly find you while you're running around and give you a flower, or write you a sweet letter.

It has cute potential. ^_^

better multiplayer games- like chess, checkers, connect4, texas hold'em, etc.

The abillity to arrest people......(face it, some of those animals are up to no good!)

abillity to open your own business.

Phoenix Wright's dramatic point as a emote.

Burger trees would have been made, alongside bacon flowers.

Be set in a town, inside a country, which you could travel.

an online mode where you actually run for mayor.(and texas hold'em/chess tourneys ofcourse)

-Bring back NES emulators
-the ability to put furniture diagonal, not just on the squares (vertical or horizontal)
-a bigger town and have a little car
-a shop of games, arcades, boiling etc
-the ability to help villagers to decorate their interior home
-More festivals, every month
-a theme park, a disney, six flags or something similar

Posting items in a gyroid by your home! That, and an easy way to see what acres are what acres (Even just a grid toggle, for the purposes of making a beautiful town easier.) Aaaand the ability to pick between the new hourly music, music from the previous games, or alternatively downloadable hourly tunes in the future.

I think about 2 years ago I made an entire 2-3 page list/information paper on my dream version of animal crossing. Sadly I lost it. One cool thing I remember was I wanted there to be a forest you could go into to catch certain bugs and critters and such among other things to do in it.

-A boat that you can buy so you can go fishing in the sea for a chance of more rare fish
-More events (and the old ones from PG). This game is made by Japanese developers and Japan's full of all kinds of festivities >:L
-Radio furniture from K.K. Let's you listen to live versions of his songs
-All the hourly soundtracks from WW and PG turned into songs
-Bigger town

better multiplayer games- like chess, checkers, connect4, texas hold'em, etc.

The abillity to arrest people......(face it, some of those animals are up to no good!)

abillity to open your own business.

Phoenix Wright's dramatic point as a emote.

Burger trees would have been made, alongside bacon flowers.

Be set in a town, inside a country, which you could travel.

an online mode where you actually run for mayor.(and texas hold'em/chess tourneys ofcourse)

Everything about this...just yes. You had me at arresting people..and bacon flowers.

A tool belt or box. I usually store my tools in old letters, but I'd really like a dedicated space to carry my net, fishing pole, shovel, etc.

Officer Berri-can you develop me a game? Wow, that's a lot of cool things.

Also ThatACFan, I love the idea of a forest too, that's a great idea.

Maybe Nintendo could open up ideas for the next AC... Animal Crossing: Fan Edition.

Haha this is weird, when Wild World game out I wrote to Nintendo UK and asked them on there next game to include features, I had two pages full of idea, and I remember saying diving and swimming (so glad they put that in there). They wrote back saying they couldn't take idea from the public and sent me some demo games :p

I would have included a perspective switch option so that you can see the world as it looks in the gamecube version. I've always disliked the ''tube world'' thing they added in wild world.

Back