• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Inside the Treehouse: Official Nintendo Animal Crossing New Leaf Video Series!!

They looked much more comfortable on the camera this time around. It's sorta funny how only Reiko and Tim talked though, the others just sat there pretty much.

All the episodes were most likely taped in one sitting. It's only natural they would become more relaxed as the minutes ticked by with the discussion. :)

When I first saw the video, I was shocked that they had been working on translating the game since March 2012. But AC is kinda text heavy, so it must have taken a while. :)
And hooray! Both NA & EU get the SpotPass feature for the Happy Home Showcase!

I think its a Nintendo home you will get
I hope those Nintendo employees have some rare items kept in their homes.

Yeah, but they said they would send out official home data. they said "Who knows whose house you'll receive through spotpass"

So what it sounds like is you'll be receiving random players houses every now and then

When I first saw the video, I was shocked that they had been working on translating the game since March 2012. But AC is kinda text heavy, so it must have taken a while. :)

Yeah, that blew my mind too! Makes me even more excited for the amount of content that will be found in the dialogue alone in AC:NL. :D

It took especially longer because there was so much new furniture to be named and new shops/their owners.
They didn't just have to look up what all the old sets and furniture items were called this time around.

Yeah, but they said they would send out official home data. they said "Who knows whose house you'll receive through spotpass"

So what it sounds like is you'll be receiving random players houses every now and then

I don't really think so. I think they were talking about who know's which house from Nintendo you'll receive. So for example, will you receive Reggie's one day, or possibly even Miyamoto's? Or perhaps even Bill Trinen's? Who knows.

It sounds to me like you'll be getting random players' homes from SpotPass. They say, "Who knows who's home you might end up with".. So it sounds like it's completely random, and not a set Nintendo home.

Who knows though?

You would have thought a localisation team should be able to use the English language well enough to not cause this confusion. xP Definition of irony.

It sounds to me like you'll be getting random players' homes from SpotPass. They say, "Who knows who's home you might end up with".. So it sounds like it's completely random, and not a set Nintendo home.

Who knows though?

The only way I can see that happening is if you receive the Spotpass from a player you meet at the island once you become a member of the Tortimer Club thingy. Kind of liek you get the Miis of people from Mario Kart 7 online.

Yeah, I think it's a weekday-only deal.

But I'm happy with the Spotpass thing being in; I took a stroll in the mall, and I received zero Streetpasses. Or course, it was a quickie trip, but still...

I just watched it and there talking about the differences from the other animal crossings and Issabelle

They're really pushing Shizubelle's twitter. It's nice to see the crew opening up a bit more, I'm hoping they release a few more of these by the time the game is out.

Very informative, I love watching behind the scenes and commentary of people involved in the making of a video game...or movie.

Back