• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is anyone else having no luck catching sharks?

I am not having trouble catching them. The main problem is trying to find them. D:

Ditto. Sharks were spawning every 3~5 minutes on my first day; now I'm lucky to find one every couple days, even on the island! ;_;

I've opted for beetles as my main source for bells during the late nights. Otherwise I play the shark catching mini game to make myself feel better, lol. It's also good practice. :)

My sister caught a hammerhead shark before I did. It took me a couple of trys to get it. They can be tricky.

Also, if the ocean sunfish counts as a shark, I caught a couple of those.

I've come to the conclusion that it depends on the day for whether you have good or bad luck catching fish. Yesterday was really good for me. Today I'll just have to see ;0

I don't know if anyone's already said this, but the shark mini-game on the island is a great way to practice. :)

I think someone did mention that. :c my problem is they hardly show up much like I said.. it depends on the day

My trick is to not look at the fish, but to listen for the bobber to sink. It really helps my reaction time, and reduces the failure rate or pulling it out too early! I really reccomend this to everyone who's having trouble fishing! (If that's the problem you're having)

Saw my first shark, it took the bait and then decided to disappear. -_-

I've had the most luck with sharks in the evening. Probably 4 or 5-7PM. I know they stay out all night, but I couldn't find ANY sharks on the island when I was there around 9 or 10PM.

I've only seen one shark so far :( I caught it though! I guess I've only had the game for today, so hopefully I'll see some more tomorrow!

I've only seen one shark so far :( I caught it though! I guess I've only had the game for today, so hopefully I'll see some more tomorrow!

I saw a lot of sharks at around 2 or 3 am in my town. Try night time. Also I notice that they like to show up at similar location (some section of the Ocean don't see any shark at all... I wonder why?)

Ps. I like the shark fishing tour on the island, if you catch 8 or more sharks you can get 15 medals. So far I am only able to get a max of 9 sharks in that tour.... I got problem with my throwing, can't get it accurate enought...

Managed to catch a normal shark and a hammerhead today. Scared 2 off though. 2/4 isn't that bad I guess :)

On my first day and I saw two sharks. one dissapear but I got the other one! I forgot the name of the shark...

Well I have a problem sometimes

usually its when you are going to catch something you know is rare but you get to worried and mess up

If you're still having problems... sometimes the island has shark-catching tours (where catching sharks is the only objective). You can definitely hone your fishing skills playing the mini-games so when it comes time to fish for real - you won't sweat it. :]

Back