• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is it worth playing NL now or should I wait for AC on the Switch?

Sam97

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Hi,

So I have two friends who love frogs and have decorated their Steam profiles with frogs everywhere. So the other day I was telling them about Jambette, the frog who can't find love and often gets her own sub-**** rank in tier lists... But all that AC talk got me thinking about the fun I had playing ACNL, which I last played on 24th May 2015. Now I'm really really hyped for the Switch game which makes me want to play NL... But should I just wait for AC Switch?

How is the community for ACNL? And for the 3DS in general? I've been out of the Nintendo loop for quite a while. Since 2015 I've only used the 3DS occasionally to play Tetris.

Cheers

:confused:

Go for it; it's still fun even if there's a new one coming out this year.
The community is pretty nice and welcoming. You might get an undesirable response once in a while, but that's how pretty much everything is.

Wait for the new game to release. It’s not worth it to fix your old town just to play for another few months.

I would recommend playing New Leaf again and enjoy the community of amazing people that you can build friendships with! :) Plus, the new game may have a transfer process like City Folk which allowed you to transfer your character data from Wild World so you may want to build your catalog & bells for the next game! :D

I got the game last December and even knowing there's a new game coming up I still think it was a good choice.
I'm having fun experimenting and I'll be playing it for a while longer until I get the money to buy myself a Switch and the new game.
And, of course, having such a light game on the go isn't a bad thing either. There's also the Puzzle League for us, tetris lovers.

I would say go for it and play it. Even if there is a new game coming out one day, it's not like that you have to stop playing New Leaf immediately if the Switch game comes out, as you can also still playing New Leaf while also playing the new game. As far as I saw, many people will continue with New Leaf even if a new AC would be out then. The community is also overall very friendly and you still find lots of other NL players that would help you out if you need any help.

Last edited:
I?d say play New Leaf again.

I only joined TBT recently and community is a lot kinder, and more alive than I imagined it was going to be. Besides, AC on the Switch might not even be good, and you?d miss out on 9 months of playing (No way Nintendo?s going to release it soon with all the other games under work, unless they WANT it to be horribly made.). Apart from story mode in Splatoon 2, I haven?t seen anything worth talking nicely about yet so I?m not getting my ?hopes? up

Last edited:
I say go for it! The community's still around (not as big, but it's there) so you can't go wrong. No one's town is ever the same so you might as well jump in.

I still play Wild World every now and then for the music and villager interactions. They're so hilariously rude towards each other. I'm hoping the Switch version gives us some more of that honestly. I still adore the softened personalities, but sometimes it's more fun when they say something rude every now and then.

I still play NF religiously every day, even if only for ten minutes. Not only that but this week I will start my first playthrough of the first game, the original GameCube Animal Crossing. It is always worth playing a good game. Animal Crossing Switch doesn't even have a proper release date yet (day, month).

Last edited:
Of course you should! Just because a new AC is coming doesn't mean you should just give up on past AC games. You can always set the Beautiful Ordinance to prevent any of your flowers from dying as well if you ever don't want to play for a while either once AC Switch arrives. :)

Go for it! Get hyped for the new Animal Crossing Switch! I still think New Leaf has a decent amount of people in still playing! :)

Last edited:
I'd absolutely recommend playing it again. I reset my town a couple of days ago so I'll be occupied until the release of the new game. NL is so much fun! Revisiting an old town could never hurt!

Back