• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Island Feedback and Showcase Thread

new item in the moonwell post office :D
241299711_1052424622166647_7719870680985026149_n.jpg

I think it's very cute :D
and yeah they do ^^ I've known people to say things like 'that's a real bike island'
they're fun to visit, fits the animal crossing vibe

image0.jpg

I built a massive lake :D

Last edited:
hmm.... i want to make a bakery/sweets shop/stall.. maybe... but i'm not sure if the songpyeon, mooncakes & dango will fit in.... i think they will....

hmm.... i want to make a bakery/sweets shop/stall.. maybe... but i'm not sure if the songpyeon, mooncakes & dango will fit in.... i think they will....
I think that they will fit in. I mean... we don't have a lot of pastry options to choose from.🤷‍♀️ If it bothers you, maybe you can make them seasonal items.

Here's how someone incorporated moon cakes into their stall. Link

Here's another bakery display that I stumbled upon today. No moon cakes displayed though. Link

I think that they will fit in. I mean... we don't have a lot of pastry options to choose from.🤷‍♀️ If it bothers you, maybe you can make them seasonal items.

Here's how someone incorporated moon cakes into their stall. Link

Here's another bakery display that I stumbled upon today. No moon cakes displayed though. Link

the first one is really nice :D

thanks ^^

hmm... i've been thinking if the poppy petal florist needs anything else in it...

241840930_1052938405448602_225596488185730142_n.jpg

hmm... i'm not sure what clothes design to do for marshal's clothing designer shop...
242177526_1053567008719075_6989329569898952231_n.jpg

I need help with the Mort Twins. Morticia and Mortimer.

E-Ask2yWQAM6S_7

I’m leaning towards the dogtooth dress for Morticia since it’s the dress she’s had since day 1. For Mortimer….I just recently added him to the island, and I’m unsure. I know I would like them to match. Which option do you guys like the best? Feel free to add other options as well!

Definitely B 🤩
Post automatically merged:

Definitely B 🤩

Which version is your personal fav?

Btw: really like your island journal, im a fan hehehe 😅

Definitely B 🤩
Post automatically merged:

Which version is your personal fav?

Btw: really like your island journal, im a fan hehehe 😅
I’m so glad you like it. That’s so sweet of you to say!

I actually liked option B the most, but new ideas came up, and I won’t be using any of the above 😅.

Initially, I wasn’t going to create a home for Mortimer, but I did end up creating one and that completely changed my plans.

I wanted each of my villagers to have gothic names that correeponds to their looks and the inside of their houses. They also had to start with the letter M, to match the town name. That left me with few options, but I finally figured it out.

I decided on choosing a different theme for Mortimer to match his name. Since his name means Dead Sea, I thought a sailor theme would match better. I included a picture of all the characters in the spoilers if you want to take a look. I wanted them to all be different but all match at the same time. I’m going for a Melancholy theme to match with the town name and I wanted them to look a certain way. Their house interiors and exteriors are also decorated to match their outfits (same color scheme).

E_a0FKwVcAAA193

From left to right:
  • Malady: Nurse, house is a hospital. Malady means a disease or ailment.
  • Mortimer: The name means dead sea. He will have a sailor look and the inside of the house will be Nautical.
  • Morticia: comes from the word Mortician. Her home is a funeral home.
  • Minerva: it is a gothic name. It means intellectual. Her house will be a school.
  • Miser: a miser is a person who hoards wealth but doesn’t spend it. He lives in a tent.

Does anyone have a park/walking trail on their island that looks similar to this? I think that my path looks a bit weird, so I would like to compare a bit before I add more decoration.
A964C25F-5F59-4EFC-9C86-48311821EC94.jpeg

I’m so glad you like it. That’s so sweet of you to say!

I actually liked option B the most, but new ideas came up, and I won’t be using any of the above 😅.

Initially, I wasn’t going to create a home for Mortimer, but I did end up creating one and that completely changed my plans.

I wanted each of my villagers to have gothic names that correeponds to their looks and the inside of their houses. They also had to start with the letter M, to match the town name. That left me with few options, but I finally figured it out.

I decided on choosing a different theme for Mortimer to match his name. Since his name means Dead Sea, I thought a sailor theme would match better. I included a picture of all the characters in the spoilers if you want to take a look. I wanted them to all be different but all match at the same time. I’m going for a Melancholy theme to match with the town name and I wanted them to look a certain way. Their house interiors and exteriors are also decorated to match their outfits (same color scheme).

E_a0FKwVcAAA193

From left to right:
  • Malady: Nurse, house is a hospital. Malady means a disease or ailment.
  • Mortimer: The name means dead sea. He will have a sailor look and the inside of the house will be Nautical.
  • Morticia: comes from the word Mortician. Her home is a funeral home.
  • Minerva: it is a gothic name. It means intellectual. Her house will be a school.
  • Miser: a miser is a person who hoards wealth but doesn’t spend it. He lives in a tent.

do you hve their houses and interiors already decorated accordingly ?

ill probably come visit towards halloween since i feel i will have a super halloweenie,darkish, octoberish feeling 😍

do you hve their houses and interiors already decorated accordingly ?

ill probably come visit towards halloween since i feel i will have a super halloweenie,darkish, octoberish feeling 😍
The island Is actually not halloweenie. At least I don’t think it is. It’s supposed to look like a regular town, but it does give off a sort of glum /gloomy feeling. Some areas are a bit shabby looking. The interiors of the houses though, I was able to have more freedom with, and they do look darker than the outside areas.

Most of the character houses are complete. The one I’m struggling the most with is Mortimer. Once I figure out where I want to place his house, it’s going to be easier. I’m taking a break on working on that though, and focusing on finishing some areas outside in the island.

The other houses are done though. I’m only missing a room in the school house, and I’m not sure if I’ll add another room. There is still some areas around the outside of their houses that I have to finish decorating for each.

I’ve gotten a lot of work around the island finished in the last couple of days, so hopefully around October ill have things ready for you to see. 😍

Does anyone have a park/walking trail on their island that looks similar to this? I think that my path looks a bit weird, so I would like to compare a bit before I add more decoration.
View attachment 400322

I've done some progress with my park area since my last post. Do the paths still look weird?
IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

Back