• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Island Feedback and Showcase Thread

question!

i'm watching froggycrossing newest stream & she's decorating her beach...

who decorates beaches? i know a lot of people do... but i mean realistically... :unsure: *i know it's not meant to be realistic, though? 🥴 *

question!

who decorates beaches? i know a lot of people do... but i mean realistically... :unsure: *i know it's not meant to be realistic, though? 🥴 *
All the beach builds bothered me for the same reason. xD I left my rocks bare save for a few wind turbines and I 'decorated' my beaches with some palm trees, some weeds and regular rows of log stakes as wavebreakers

question!

On my left beach there’s not much coordination going on. I placed the lighthouse on the northwest corner. Everything else on that side of the beach are just palm trees, sand castles, beach towels, beach chairs, Festivale umbrellas (for shade), and a lifeguard chair.

I do plan to convert a good section of that area into a pier like the Santa Monica pier. I just need to figure out how many qr codes will be available after I build a botanical garden.

The right beach currently has the same decorations as the left side, except for the northeast corner. I placed a proposal area there which I connected to the romantic picnic area using a scattered rose-petals qr code.

question!

Only one of my beaches on my island is currently decorated.
It's one of my least favorite spots because of the river mouth (or whatever it's called) that's near it and the two flat rocks that are sitting there.
E_05gUPUcAkluxN.jpg

I recently moved my cemetery behind the 'mini mountain' that's located near that spot.
It still needs some work on it.

E_027sfVQBoIpyK.jpeg

E_027sLVEAQa1Ko.jpeg

E_027sPVQAEWMJ3.jpeg

My apologies for posting again so soon. Around January of this year I decided to create a cafe for my museum. Now that Brewster is confirmed to appear, I don't know whether to destroy it and make my museum garden symmetrical; or keep it. I'm kind of leaning towards destroying it.
Area in question:
IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5439.JPG

Other side of garden:
IMG_5438.JPG

My apologies for posting again so soon. Around January of this year I decided to create a cafe for my museum. Now that Brewster is confirmed to appear, I don't know whether to destroy it and make my museum garden symmetrical; or keep it. I'm kind of leaning towards destroying it.
I really like your garden area. The mix of colors go very well together. That being said, there no reason to destroy it if you like it. Even if Brewster is coming, a little cafe area outside still makes sense. It could be like an extended Brewster, where there’s dining indoors, and outdoors.

I really like your garden area. The mix of colors go very well together. That being said, there no reason to destroy it if you like it. Even if Brewster is coming, a little cafe area outside still makes sense. It could be like an extended Brewster, where there’s dining indoors, and outdoors.

that's what i was thinking of saying, when i saw it on my hotmail :3

i'm keeping blaire's sweet cafe shop that's outside the museum :3

Last edited:
that's what i was thinking of saying, when i saw it on my hotmail :3

i'm keeping blaire's sweet cafe shop that's outside the museum :3
Thank you both for your input. I appreciate it. I’ll keep my cafe then.

In case anyone is curious about the flower arrangement, I copied a theme from this website, Link.

Last edited:
i saw this on the pokemon movie: coco & it looked so pretty... so i wanted to do it on my island at the secret beach :O
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 16-32-49 Watch Pokémon the Movie Secrets of the Jungle English Subbed...png
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 16-34-31 Watch Pokémon the Movie Secrets of the Jungle English Subbed...png
baby al/coco's not included in the build, though, lol... *al's his real name.. spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet...* but he's known as coco*

Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 16-36-08 Watch Pokémon the Movie Secrets of the Jungle English Subbed...png
with 3 pink, 3 orange cosmos & 2 white cosmos, in the corner there :>
& a couple of red lillies

right here where i was keeping my oc's flowers... but i got rid of some for this ... & cause i had too many :> -
242930593_1059917464750696_4979041680816703542_n.jpg
242825506_1059917481417361_1927925059858122605_n.jpg

i'm gonna try it out & see how i do :3

Last edited:
update of above post :3 -
242695835_1060012204741222_2229459997837566638_n.jpg
242946463_1060012188074557_5590873420405886361_n.jpg
242708460_1060012181407891_6485692393645643356_n.jpg

i just need to get rid of that hidden incline & put in a new one, maybe :3
& i just need to let the trees grow :>

i don't know what else to put, though...

i really like how it came out, though :love:

I could really use some pathing tips 😭
I got frustrated with all of my roads being straight so I tried playing around with diagonal ones. but well, now a checkered road being everywhere just looks...horrendous. should I just try to find a design code that has diagonal options?
FAONugaUcAAge5W_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1.png
FAONugSUUAEAAq6_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1.png

I want a green basketball court but also want to keep the texture of the dirt path. To keep the texture I have to have at least one pixel of the pattern transparent, and that has always annoyed me. Are the pixels too noticeable?
3F91F750-9FC7-4F0E-BA41-876C189CB601.jpeg
0026CD24-077D-44F8-B49A-73D340E4F92A.jpeg

I could really use some pathing tips 😭
I got frustrated with all of my roads being straight so I tried playing around with diagonal ones. but well, now a checkered road being everywhere just looks...horrendous. should I just try to find a design code that has diagonal options?
View attachment 401388View attachment 401389
I find path qr codes that require 9 slots or more easier to decorate with and experiment. However, they do take up a lot of space.
C4AFA606-F73A-4CC2-80AE-7D48C40F2AE0.jpeg

I think the problem with your current path is that it has the “transparent/see through” border. If the brick layout filled the tile completely, then I think that it would’ve looked more neatly, imo.

I’m redoing my festivale area and could use some opinions. Not sure if I want both sides to be bushes or if I like the new path to it. The path to the festivale area had a couple of trees instead of bushes. Is there now to many bushes?

E0A1465B-B020-45D5-A6AD-B2759FD6E299.jpeg
79FFE2F9-C293-49C4-8D2D-22840AA3924B.jpeg
99909B30-7315-49A7-B3BC-03BEBC0128F6.jpeg

I want a green basketball court but also want to keep the texture of the dirt path. To keep the texture I have to have at least one pixel of the pattern transparent, and that has always annoyed me. Are the pixels too noticeable?
View attachment 401401View attachment 401402
I’m a tad late, but I think that the green court looks fine. I like how it’s decorated by the way.

I’m redoing my festivale area and could use some opinions. Not sure if I want both sides to be bushes or if I like the new path to it. The path to the festivale area had a couple of trees instead of bushes. Is there now to many bushes?

View attachment 401460View attachment 401461View attachment 401462
I like how open this space is. Perfect for dancing, imo. You could place some trees among the bushes if you want to break the flatness. For example, a tree after every fourth bush.

i can't decide where to build a candy shop... since sherb's gonna help his aunt on the orchard & farm when he comes & after she comes too...

here -
244618649_1066062610802848_7109145409013786783_n.jpg

or here -
244573628_1066062627469513_6179021105017631053_n.jpg
if i terraform the water a bit more.... for some reason, i'm thinking this one....

Last edited:
I have decided to build a sweets shop in my town. Using Photopia, I created this setup for the entrance/living room. However I don't know if the yellow wallpaper goes with the green panels. If they don't look good together, then which wallpaper or color would you recommend?

IMG_5501.JPG

i like your right side more, but thats my personal taste, in my town i dont have any outsite coffee area and super glad Brewster is finally coming. I would vote to see you try to make like the right side a beautiful symmetrical garden to stroll and take photos :), but thats just me

Back