• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
After a week of nearly non-stop pouring rain, I think sun-filled summer days may be returning. Are gorgeous sunsets a good indicator? I have no idea. It doesn't matter. I'll take it a day at a time, come what may. (I'm just in an unusually contemplative mood. Unless I'm confusing that with lack of sleep. 🤨 )
sunset-purple2-b.jpg

Jitters and Becky have moved out, making way for Coco and Mathilda. Because I've never had Coco in New Leaf, I'm excited to see her on my island. Like Wolfgang, she has education as her hobby, so she does a lot of reading. And when she reads, she wears glasses! I think Coco with glasses is cute. 🤓 📚
coco4-b.jpg

I love looking at your pictures! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to checking in with most days!

After a week of nearly non-stop pouring rain, I think sun-filled summer days may be returning. Are gorgeous sunsets a good indicator? I have no idea. It doesn't matter. I'll take it a day at a time, come what may. (I'm just in an unusually contemplative mood. Unless I'm confusing that with lack of sleep. 🤨 )
View attachment 283680

That purple sky! Wow!

It looks like they kept the rare sunsets in the game! I wonder if the rare sunrise from New Leaf is still in too?

I love looking at your pictures! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to checking in with most days!

Thank you for stopping by! It's great to know you enjoy seeing them! 😀

That purple sky! Wow!

As far as I can tell, there are two special sunsets. This one, with purple hues, and another with unusually deep orange-brown hues. I love them both.

It looks like they kept the rare sunsets in the game! I wonder if the rare sunrise from New Leaf is still in too?

It'd be fantastic if there's one! I'll probably never see it though. (I still have not seen a lightning-thunder rainstorm. Just heavy rain.) I rarely wake up early enough to play the game at sunrise. Maybe I should set the clock back every so often to check. 🕔

Finally, I've caught every sea creature there is to catch in July! Swimming is fun. I love hearing the sounds of the water as I push through it. I don't like diving at night though. It strains my elderly eyes trying to discern a black blob in the depths that I have to chase through the darkness.
swim-airport-b.jpg

Pearls don't seem rare in my game. I've found quite a few. Incidentally, 2020 marks our pearl wedding anniversary. That's 30 years of being married. It feels weird and wonderful. But mostly weird. 🤪
swim-pearl-b.jpg

Tangy and Claude were zooming around the plaza! Seeing ecstatic grins on their little faces made me smile. I imagined them going "Wheeeeeee!" It makes me wonder why we don't hear them giggling or calling out to each other or something. I feel group zooming sessions should have happy sounds to go with the happy faces. 🔊
zooming2-b.jpg

I'm not a big K.K. Slider fan. Since his concert really only starts at 6pm, I think my islanders should take centre stage at the plaza during the day and be his opening act, taking turns singing in groups of three or more. That would make Saturdays on my island way more special. 🎶
kk-2-b.jpg

Mathilda is friends with Rolf. I didn't realize it until I saw her in Rolf's house. I think kangaroos are cool. And I want to pet her joey. So cute!

I love Mathilda! She showed up at my campsite a while back and I gasped, I loved her design and her joey. I spent a really long time begging and pleading for her to move to my villager. She kicked out Penelope, which made me sad, but after trying so hard to get her I couldn't say no.

I love Mathilda! She showed up at my campsite a while back and I gasped, I loved her design and her joey. I spent a really long time begging and pleading for her to move to my villager. She kicked out Penelope, which made me sad, but after trying so hard to get her I couldn't say no.

Thank you for stopping by! 👋

Getting a camper to move in by kicking out someone else is not an easy thing. And even if it's a resident I would have let go of at a later time, the fact that they're all packed up and ready to leave in the very next minute (after the decision) always makes me feel a little guilty.

I like how kangaroos look in the game. Their size, the proportions of their heads and feet and tails, their big adorable noses... their joeys! I do prefer the female kangaroos because I find the joeys so cute. If only my player character could pet them on the head! :LOL:

Reactions: SRS
If I could have just one more interaction added to my game, it'd be the ability to hug my islanders. Make it so that you'd have to be at the highest level of friendship with them. And then let me hug them when they need a hug! 😭
claude-needsahug.jpg

If thoughts could get wet in the rain, would they feel like freshly caught eels or undercooked pastries with soggy bottoms? An origami crane wading through a bowl of tomato soup or a potato chip dunked in cold soya bean milk? It's one of those days. My head asks needless questions and gives too many answers. (I've also gotten into the odd habit of leaving thoughtful islanders alone. 🤨😛 )
fuchsia-thinks.jpg

Back