• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Wolfgang is such a voracious reader! When I see him, 9 times out of 10, he'd be reading. He reads everywhere on my island. On the beach, under a tree, by the river, on a log stool, in a swing. Coco, who also has the same hobby, only does a fraction of the amount of reading Wolfgang's done. I love that he loves books. :)
wolfgang-donereading.jpg

Rolf and Coco are thinking, hey, you're supposed to have an ice-cream if you want to sit here, and that's a balloon, not an ice-cream. Did you knock your head really hard against a giant clam when you were diving today? :confused::rolleyes:... ;)
oddoneout2-b.jpg

omg.. wow your island looks so picturesque!!

how do you get so many great photos of your villagers? mine always run away by the time i get the camera app going hahaha

omg.. wow your island looks so picturesque!!

Thank you! But, to be perfectly candid, I'm going to disagree. My island is pretty boring, which is why I don't post purely scenic shots. It only seems that my island looks picturesque from my screenshots because I always frame my shots very tightly. So you don't see the boring stuff aka Too Much Empty Space. :ROFLMAO:

how do you get so many great photos of your villagers? mine always run away by the time i get the camera app going hahaha

Same! My islanders usually run off the moment I set up the camera and start adjusting it. :cautious: But I'm the elderly and stubborn type. So I just stalk follow them and wait for the next photo opportunity. You need to be fast, and you need to be patient. Practice makes... better. I think. :unsure:

So I had a dream of an island called Shima, which has an impressive section that looks totally like a mechanical jungle of steel machinery. I think the industrial feel is something very difficult to create in New Horizons. Kudos to the creator for being so creative!
shima-island3.jpg

This is Shima's dream address: DA-8789-0433-6455. Dream advisory: Expect lag.

So I found Mathilda and Claude playing at the plaza! 💨 Seeing their happy faces made my day. There's also something very surprising (and yet not surprising) about seeing a big animal like a joey-carrying kangaroo zooming around like an airplane. I wanted to join them! 💨
mathilda-zoom2.jpg

I had a dream of a desert-themed island. The vastness of the desert was a thing of beauty. If you find the oasis, you will also marvel in the open market area where gorgeous rugs and carpets are being sold.
newbark-island3.jpg

newbark-island1.jpg

This is New Bark's dream address: DA-6435-7619-3708.

Dom wanted Mathilda to try rage-aerobics, which he said was good for your lungs and abs. Just get worked up and yell a lot. Problem was, Mathilda said she was too even-tempered to get raging over anything. So Dom... :LOL:
mathilda-dom-rage10.jpg

mathilda-dom-rage11.jpg

mathilda-dom-rage12.jpg

mathilda-dom-rage13.jpg

Today, I fell asleep and dreamt of the island of Hitokui. It's Japanese for cannibalism. And I've decided that, for all my future nightmares, I will wear a super non-nightmarish outfit such as this. I sometimes fail at cute. I know.
View attachment 294779

I liked Hitokui. Much more than the well-known horror island of Aika. Hitokui doesn't restrict your movements, forcing you into a prescribed path that the island creator of Aika must feel best tells Aika's story. If you visit Hitokui, be sure to look inside all the player houses. I had such fun exploring the rooms! If you don't read Japanese though, you'll not understand what the player characters are saying. For instance: "Are you here to buy meat?" "Who is that standing behind you?" "You look delicious." "You'll never escape from this island."
View attachment 294781

This is Hitokui's dream address: DA-4088-8875-3480.
There is a house next to the museum that I assume is new. It’s seemingly impossible to reach. It’s surrounded by fences on 3 sides and a cliff on the other. The owner doesn’t supply a ladder, that I can find that is. If you could help me figure out how to reach the new house that would be awesome! Thanks!

There is a house next to the museum that I assume is new. It’s seemingly impossible to reach. It’s surrounded by fences on 3 sides and a cliff on the other. The owner doesn’t supply a ladder, that I can find that is. If you could help me figure out how to reach the new house that would be awesome! Thanks!

Hmm. I don't see a way of reaching the house. Perhaps it's the player's intention? Not all dream islands are 100% accessible. The player must have his own reasons for keeping certain areas private.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I saw Coco reading outside her house and thought to myself, yeah, I need to take a photo. Even though her back was to me. Not an exceptional screenshot, but somehow it warms my heart to see it and I'm glad I took it. Coco isn't as voracious a reader as Wolfgang is but she does love her books. I've seen her mostly reading in the shade of a tree, content to feel the warm ground under her, lost in the world that lives between the pages of her book. If only the villagers whose hobby is reading would talk to me about their habit, about their best-loved novels, the types of story they enjoy, the one story they will not forget, how perhaps it all started with a parent or grandparent reading to them. I love books, and I love it when my residents love books, too.
coco-reading3.jpg

Hmm. I don't see a way of reaching the house. Perhaps it's the player's intention? Not all dream islands are 100% accessible. The player must have his own reasons for keeping certain areas private.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hmm that’s alright. Maybe it’s under construction and will be complete soon!

OOF! Why would you say that, Dom? We all know that now, unlike in previous AC games, villagers don't pay home visits to the player's house anymore. o_O:confused:
dom-wantstovisit.jpg

I wanted to see if Jacques, one of my newest move-ins, is feeling at home on Littlestar. And I found him at the plaza wearing an island-exclusive shirt and singing his little heart out! So relieved. We met on a mystery island. I think I have a soft spot for little birds. I don't need another smug but it'd be interesting to see how he interacts with Raymond. :unsure:
jacques-sings1.jpg

Back