• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Tour Creator is now available!!!

Easy process to do if you have a linked Twitter.
IMG_0793.jpeg
IMG_0791.jpeg

I haven't tried messing with this yet and I probably won't be able to as I don't have smart phone. Can someone fill me in. Is this like creating your own postal card for your island?

I haven't tried messing with this yet and I probably won't be able to as I don't have smart phone. Can someone fill me in. Is this like creating your own postal card for your island?
Its basically you upload your screenshots and you can make a poster or video with them.
The video has nintendo voice over to it so that's something. But the poster is something you can do easily with basic editing software. Probably even some websites. It's just a filter.
2021031910205900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
content.jpeg.jpg

The first is the photo I used for it, the second is what nintendos site did to it.
Honestly not worth worrying about. It's just for twitter usage. Might have been cool if it could double as an in game item but it doesn't.

In a sense, yes. The app simply provides a quick and easy way of creating "ads" for your island. You just pick a picture (or a video if you choose to make a trailer), input your island name and dream address (optional) and the app does all the rest.

You really won't be missing out since you can do it with editing software. Surely you can do better if you have the skills.

The app can be a little annoying though because it does not recognize all screenshots/clips you pick. I took a video I was hoping to use but the app does not accept it. Wasted effort on my end. :/

Thanks @Rosch and @Moritz

I still have a laptop with a bunch of Adobe editing programs, so I could probably do a better job with that software. Going to check out the quality of the videos first and then maybe try my hand at doing just that.

Thanks @Rosch and @Moritz

I still have a laptop with a bunch of Adobe editing programs, so I could probably do a better job with that software. Going to check out the quality of the videos first and then maybe try my hand at doing just that.
The quality tops at 480p. Here's a sample trailer I made using the Island Tour Creator.

Well i tried to make a video on the site but it doesn't let me... Cannot accept the video it says... The same problem Rosch described. A was able to put in a photo at my first attempt but no video sadly. Could it be that the site is experiencing problems? I have an iphone.

I did sparked my interest to make a video on my own. Sure the trailer, like here above is nice but it's very limited. Is the voice over mandatory? But i have no idea how to make a video. Yesterday i found out how to store 30 sec clips on my Switch. And i learned how to send it to my smartphone. But how do i get it to my computer and which video editing software should i use?

First of all i should continue to beautify and cutetify my island off course....😅

question - when you use a smartphone to get into the website... do you have to use it everytime, if you want to log in? cause mum's got a smartphone :3 *but she doesn't know if it can scan qr codes...*

question - when you use a smartphone to get into the website... do you have to use it everytime, if you want to log in? cause mum's got a smartphone :3 *but she doesn't know if it can scan qr codes...*
Usually newer devices can scan by simply using the camera app :) I think if you save the website, you may not have to keep logging in? I just kept it open and went back to it and it stayed as is :D

Usually newer devices can scan by simply using the camera app :) I think if you save the website, you may not have to keep logging in? I just kept it open and went back to it and it stayed as is :D

great :3

mum said she'll have a look into it on my phone later

You can do it without a smartphone if you want to try. I've written steps here
Google Chrome: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/island-tour-creator-is-now-available.589765/post-9904828
FireFox: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/island-tour-creator-is-now-available.589765/post-9904840

Back