• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Japan is getting an Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL

Oh My God.. WHAT!?!? I WANT IT! Well, actually... If they do sell that in Australia, I'll probably not get it since I already have a 3DS. Anyway, I'm SO jealous of Japan. They get all Nintendo games first and since everyone has a 3DS there, they would have friends to play with and it would be Streetpass heaven!

Honestly, its not that great that I would desperately need to run out and buy it, if released in the US. They could have made something much more colorful. Its simple, I'd stick to my red XL though.

Honestly, its not that great that I would desperately need to run out and buy it, if released in the US. They could have made something much more colorful. Its simple, I'd stick to my red XL though.

WOW ITS SO PRETTY!
But I agree. It should have been a teeny bit colorful.

But when I get a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ I'll probably buy it when it comes out over here.

WOW ITS SO PRETTY!
But I agree. It should have been a teeny bit colorful.

But when I get a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ I'll probably buy it when it comes out over here.

I dunno, the simpleness is kind of what I like about it. I wouldn't want a giant picture of Tom Nook on my 3DS or something.

I dunno, the simpleness is kind of what I like about it. I wouldn't want a giant picture of Tom Nook on my 3DS or something.

Well yeah, you have a point. Even on a game like AC3DS, its very simple. Not like "levels" or rankings or potions and items.

IMO I think it looks ugly.

I'd rather the Pikachu one <3

I'd dig it more if it had been any color other than white. White on a handheld is horrible in my opinion, as if you're not too careful...well, its very easy to make a mess.

That said, if it comes here and I still haven't gotten a XL, I may pick it up.

I find it really cute :3 Too bad I don't have the money for it. That's probably the reason I hope it doesn't make it over here to NA, I'd be even more jealous than I already am :c

I'm not really fond to this version of the XL... At the same time it does look kinda cute but I wouldn't buy it. I want the normal white XL, then I can buy skins or something like that ;)

I would so buy this! I sold my regular 3DS (since I only bought it, thinking AC was coming out soon...HA!) so I can buy a 3DS XL. I'm waiting to see if they release any cooler colors right before AC comes out in the US. :) If this one was coming out, I would wait for it! I think it's adorable in it's simplicity. :D

I'd dig it more if it had been any color other than white. White on a handheld is horrible in my opinion, as if you're not too careful...well, its very easy to make a mess.

That said, if it comes here and I still haven't gotten a XL, I may pick it up.

I agree...I would prefer the background color to be anything but white. It is cute, but I'm not sure I can convince hubby that I even need an XL, much less one with Animal Crossing designs on it.

I agree with you on its simplicity, Justin. That's what I think makes it nice -- even though it does look a little childish to me. In the end though I would rather have the all white (or black) 3DS XL come to NA. I can just grab a nice Animal Crossing sticker and plop it right on the front. :3 Like the furniture leaf, for example. Or have it engraved idk

Do they make AC themed skins for the 3DS XL? Since I don't think we'll actually get the AC one here, I'd love to personalize mine when I DO get it. I would like for another color to come out before I buy, though. I don't really want red or blue :p

It was nice enough that they did this (but this is Nintendo, so if they kept us waiting for a while, they will do something nice), but I don't particularly care for the white. I would have preferred green.

Yeah it is very nice, very pricy and just not fair, I wouldn't get that in Australia for a long time to come T_T
But I'd prefer to get a sticker set just cause I could put more on it than a few icons

It looks like a Togepi eggshell.

I don't like it.

omg this is the funniest thing ever I think I did like a loud cough air thing like a walrus when I read this.

But it's so true now that you mention it. It really doesn't look like anything, it just has some random pattern scattered on it. When I first saw the title I kinda had hoped for something that was black, and had the leaf symbol in the middle, but then when I saw it I was disappointed

omg this is the funniest thing ever I think I did like a loud cough air thing like a walrus when I read this.

But it's so true now that you mention it. It really doesn't look like anything, it just has some random pattern scattered on it. When I first saw the title I kinda had hoped for something that was black, and had the leaf symbol in the middle, but then when I saw it I was disappointed

Exactly what I pictured. Something simple, and nice looking.
Whatever though. At least it'll learn fly when you evolve it.

Back