• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let's Take a Look Back in Time

I kind of like those trees better just for the fact they look "fuller" than the current ones. The newer ones grow in a way that's more cartoony/stylized, I guess. I may be wrong, but off memory the new ones kind of have three big groups of leaves while those older ones spread out in a relatively smooth and even way.

It indeed was a long wait but we are practically at the end. That's how I can wait. I also love those older trees ^.^

The old trees do look more smooth and spread out, but I like the "new" trees. The three big bunches of leaves on the trees has become the classic Animal Crossing look in my mind. xD

I personally think the new ones are better looking because I think at first they were pulling to far away from the stylized thing they had going and took the realistic push a little too far. I'm glad they toned it back a little and kept the great vibe!

Whoa, I never even noticed that the trees changed! Watching that video makes me feel so weird... I can't believe I saw that in 2010... time passes so quickly ._. And slowly at the same time. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE IT NOW </3

I remember the day it was announced. TBT went from barely active to somewhat active. Which back then was a big jump. lol

The excitement seems to have died down quite a bit though. Seems like everyone is at the point where they're waiting patiently for it now, which is nice. Back then though, you had people spewing out dates left and right. "Oh it's coming out this spring!" "No it's coming out this summer!" "This fall!" "Winter!" and repeat until the JP date was announced. =p

I wonder how many new users will stay active. On all the forums I've been on that are game related, I've seen users join when a new game is going to be released (or an old one re-released), but then after a month or two they vanish without a trace with no goodbye or anything.

Animal Crossing's always been really dear to my heart so I don't have any intentions of leaving. I was absent for a month or two before, but that was because I was getting anxious for the game so I stopped looking at anything relating to it so I wouldn't feel so desperate to play it! Then I returned and not long after that the game's US release date was announced! :3 Now you're all stuck with me.

Depends really.
Most new users will probably join, hang around for a bit, get bored of the game and then leave the forums. Not really sure what it would be exactly, but I'm guessing it'll be like one out of every ten members will stay for longer than a year.

It's funny for me, because I'm really not as into Animal Crossing as I am some other games. I stuck around because I made some awesome friends who ended up impacting my life pretty hard. Not to say I won't enjoy the new game though, but if I was on a forum for a game I'm overly obsessed with, it'd be pokemon related. lol

I was also wondering if older members would come back for the new game, but it seems like that isn't going to be the case. A couple have come back, sort of, that I've seen, but overall it looks like most of them won't be.

I'm sure the forums will receive traffic, as people will want friends to play with!

Yeah I noticed after I joined the site a big spike in members. I may have been one of them but I have no idea. I just know me and Oath2Order came on around the same time. I do think the forums may lose a bit of these new members because, as Berri said, thats the way it is with any game. HM:ANB had an awesome community on gameFAQs. We were all so excited but after about two weeks of the game's release, we almost all quit. I'm still friends with some of them but it seems like everyone just wants their own time with the game. I think there will, of course, not be such a drop on here. There are so many cool members, I don't see the desire in leaving.

I do tend to kind of fade away once loads of people start using a forum. Someone has always said what I would have said so I feel it would be pointless to repeat it a lot of the time. I really like it here though, I'll certainly make a concerted effort to stay involved so I'm still here once the influx of new members and players dies down :) I only know one person who plays so It's been great to share the excitement of it all with you guys!

I was actually one of those members! No, wait I wasn't... I joined because when this game came out I wanted cool people to play it with. So, I don't think I count also it was before we had a release date, but when this game does come out I defiantly won't be leaving. Yup, you guys are too cool and nice!

Yeah, I joined for the discussion and speculation about the game as well as joining a community that was as excited as I was. I also wanted to accumulate some friend codes for some fun times :3

I'll be adding lots of people and I'll stay here for a while and come back occasionally to add more people. I tend to have a lot more fun with people I add from /v/ cause I can be vulgar with them. I censor myself a lot on here.

I like looking back at games as they originally were and how similar/different they can look when compared with the finished project. I wonder what features were thought of at the time of the first footage and what features were thought of since then.

@Pokeking: I tend to look back too. Though my reasons are sometimes due to feeling that I should be ashamed of how I used the old games. I do tend look like back happily on games when I haven't done time skips or anything like cheating to them.

^That's why I love sites like Sonic Retro. It's so cool, especially when hackers dig up beta elements from finished products.

@Jimmy: Really?
I don't tend to hack games anymore.

I'll admit that I used to with my Gamecube AC and a few other games but I don't anymore because it kind of takes away from my gaming experience.

@Jimmy: Really?
I don't tend to hack games anymore.

I'll admit that I used to with my Gamecube AC and a few other games but I don't anymore because it kind of takes away from my gaming experience.

Using an Action Replay is not hacking. Making the codes, ripping the game apart and discovering things and modding is hacking. Besides, I never once mentioned cheating in my post.

Back