• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let's Take a Look Back in Time

I can't remember why I initially joined. I think it was because I was lurking for a couple months, and finally wanted to have imput in the forums because the games were coming so fast. I'll probably fade in and out every couple of months once the games are released, but I'm not going to totally leave.

I also prefer the 2010 trees, because they are less stumpy when compared to the taller characters.

The reason I joined was because I was really excited to talk about Animal Crossing. I'd been looking at various Animal Crossing forums (Animal Crossing Community and Animal Crossing Ahead being two of them), trying to find one I wanted to join. I couldn't stand how ACC looked and AXA just seemed like too small of a tight-knit community for me. I was about to cave and join one of them, but while looking through blogs about New Leaf I stumbled upon Justin's blog. I think discovered the forum here and knew right away I'd found the forum I wanted to join! :3

The reason I joined was because I was really excited to talk about Animal Crossing. I'd been looking at various Animal Crossing forums (Animal Crossing Community and Animal Crossing Ahead being two of them), trying to find one I wanted to join. I couldn't stand how ACC looked and AXA just seemed like too small of a tight-knit community for me. I was about to cave and join one of them, but while looking through blogs about New Leaf I stumbled upon Justin's blog. I think discovered the forum here and knew right away I'd found the forum I wanted to join! :3

Funnily enough, I found Bell Tree by accident. I initially lurked around AXA because Community was kind of... yeah. So it was around the time that Animal Crossing was skipped at E3, and people were freaking out. There was a thread that only had people complaining, and people were showing emails that they were sending to Nintendo. People were complaining about how they kept getting automated responses back. However, somebody put up a link that showed somebody sending in a really, really angry letter and getting a personalized response back. Whoever sent that angry email was a member of Bell Tree. After getting linked there, I noticed that Bell Tree updated pretty much every day, while news came pretty slowly to AXA, so Bell Tree soon became my primary website.

So to whoever wrote that overreaction email, thanks for introducing me to the community.

I just wanted to have other AC fans to enthuse with and to make new friends. This website worked out fine for that.

Funnily enough, I found Bell Tree by accident. I initially lurked around AXA because Community was kind of... yeah. So it was around the time that Animal Crossing was skipped at E3, and people were freaking out. There was a thread that only had people complaining, and people were showing emails that they were sending to Nintendo. People were complaining about how they kept getting automated responses back. However, somebody put up a link that showed somebody sending in a really, really angry letter and getting a personalized response back. Whoever sent that angry email was a member of Bell Tree. After getting linked there, I noticed that Bell Tree updated pretty much every day, while news came pretty slowly to AXA, so Bell Tree soon became my primary website.

So to whoever wrote that overreaction email, thanks for introducing me to the community.

Huh. I'm kinda curious. How angry was the letter?

After I got my 3DS, I decided to look more into AC:NL and I was surprised yet relieved to see it hasn't been released yet. So I started watching all the videos I purposely ignored because I didn't have a 3DS at that time, and in one of the videos I found a link to The Bell Tree. I lurked around for a few months, and then I joined.

Huh. I'm kinda curious. How angry was the letter?

It said something about how Nintendo hated it's customers and how they were going down hill because of the mistreament. They also threatened to leave, of course. The only part I can honestly remember is this one part in Nintendo's response.

"Sir, I can absolutely assure you that the Nintendo company has never, nor they ever will, hate you."

It said something about how Nintendo hated it's customers and how they were going down hill because of the mistreament. They also threatened to leave, of course. The only part I can honestly remember is this one part in Nintendo's response.

"Sir, I can absolutely assure you that the Nintendo company has never, nor they ever will, hate you."
Lol. It's kinda funny, really. I think I know who sent it.

Well since we're all doing joining stories, I joined since I was curious about whats so good and cool about forums..I also joined because I want to talk about New Leaf and make new friends and maybe exchange a friend code every once in a while..I want to make friends on here but i'm not entirely sure on how to go about doing so..sorry for kind of talking a lot..I'm kind of used to fading into the background after a while and I'm kind of expecting that to happen once new leaf comes out...

Well since we're all doing joining stories, I joined since I was curious about whats so good and cool about forums..I also joined because I want to talk about New Leaf and make new friends and maybe exchange a friend code every once in a while..I want to make friends on here but i'm not entirely sure on how to go about doing so..sorry for kind of talking a lot..I'm kind of used to fading into the background after a while and I'm kind of expecting that to happen once new leaf comes out...
I'd say just post a lot, and try playing some of the games over in the basement section. Also, don't be afraid to private message people and stuff. This is a pretty welcoming community overall, and the more people on the site, the merrier.

I really want to read that letter. xD

Last edited:
Speaking of the game not being at E3, this video was really fun to make:

while looking through blogs about New Leaf I stumbled upon Justin's blog. I think discovered the forum here and knew right away I'd found the forum I wanted to join! :3

:)

I actually found out about the accityfolk YouTube channel first, and I've been subscribed there since around 2008 or in the months before City Folk started coming out! When the channel started posting about AC3DS much later, I saw links to the forum in the description and decided to join one day... but I never really started posting until this November or so :p And I still don't post very much haha.

I actually found out about the accityfolk YouTube channel first, and I've been subscribed there since around 2008 or in the months before City Folk started coming out! When the channel started posting about AC3DS much later, I saw links to the forum in the description and decided to join one day... but I never really started posting until this November or so :p And I still don't post very much haha.

Haha same here! I subscribed back when city folk came out and have been lurking the forums off and on since then. I think at one stage I even had an account here.. Didn't join up again until last year when the hype for New Leaf became to unbearable to keep to myself :p

Hmm... so will TBT see a huge decrease in members when NL does release? I hope not. I'm staying to wifi and exchange QR codes.

Back