• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let's Take a Look Back in Time

Hmm... so will TBT see a huge decrease in members when NL does release? I hope not. I'm staying to wifi and exchange QR codes.

A decrease? Most likely no, we're probably going to be flooded with activity(hopefully).

Yeah there will be giant flood of new activity. I remember what happened on the 3DS Forums when the console came out. There was a ridiculously large number of new people joining up. Still going strong 2 years after launch as well.

Whenever a new game in a series comes out, there will be floods of people joining forums related to it so they can get information and ask questions. But some of those users will stop coming to the forums once they get tired of playing the game. Tis the nature of game based forums, from what I have observed.

For example, I'm a member of Zelda Universe. I only go there very rarely when I'm feeling into Zelda because the community doesn't really feel like it opened up to me. Most of the time I feel like just another poster that gets passed over and never get to have conversations if more senior members are in the thread talking about things. I'm active here because the community is really nice and makes me feel like someone will actually read and respond to how I feel about something!

A decrease? Most likely no, we're probably going to be flooded with activity(hopefully).

I don't think there will be a big decrease in users, but I do think these past 6 months will have been a larger increase than after the game is released.

I'll always be a member of TBT.
Though I might not always be online once I get NL,
I tend to play for a few hours everyday when I get a new game than try to write down stuff I find interesting.

Back