Galaxy Cupcake
Sky Clouds Scenery
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Ancient Candle
So, I was talking to a friend about how I wanted a living dex for the Paldea region (ScarVio games). She didn't know what it meant so I had to explain. I was wondering if anyone else knew of Living Dexes... or maybe even have living dexes of their own c:

Essentially, a living dex is having every single Pokémon from that region in your boxes in the game, or alternatively.. in a storage program like Pokémon HOME or even Bank.
Example: Having all 151 Kanto Pokémon in your storage boxes. From Bulbasaur to Mew.

I randomly decided I wanted to do a living Pokédex for Paldea the other day. I'm about 140 Pokémon in, out of the 400 available for the game (excluding the DLC 'mons).

I transferred most of what I have currently to Pokémon HOME, IN dex order, because I'm really particular about how my Pokémon are stored. I do believe if you complete the national Pokédex for HOME, you get a Magearna as a reward. Which is very underwhelming; at least to me... But the more games that release; the harder it'll be to complete the national Dex.. which, I guess that may be why I decided to start making living dexes for each region! :>​

I tried for Ultra Sun. The removal of global Wi-Fi services made it too difficult.

It's the same problem I have for most 100% completion attempts anyways. I burn out. My threshold for time spent on a single game only goes so far before I don't want to pick it up and play anymore.

I didn’t know this was a thing! If you don’t mind hacked mons for the shinies, anyone can take mine. I have a shiny Moltres, among other things, cluttering up my boxes.
I have been into trading lately, so let me know if you are searching for anything, anybody!

I was doing a gen 3 living dex for the longest time... Got all of the Hoenn naturals, traded in a bunch from Colosseum, Fire Red, Leaf Green, the works. One day, I decided to deposit it all into Pokemon Box, organize it by National Dex... and the Box save data corrupted. Never going through that again, not to lose 270+ pokemon without any warning(not to mention everything else on the Memory Card, although at least it wasn't the one with AC data)

I've never really been interested in completing a living dex to be honest... catching them isn't my favorite part of the game, nor is obtaining shinies. I just really love doing Nuzlocke challenges and am an expert at them at this point.

Magearna as a reward seems even less enticing to me also because I already own one from a past event.

I've got a complete living dex I started back during gen 4 that I've been transferring to each new game, that is until dexit, now it lives in Home. I'm also working on a shiny living dex, but as you might imagine it takes a very long time. Though I have easily over 1000 shinies, I have a ton of duplicates so still a long way to go.

I completed a Living National Dex in Generation 6 since I wanted the Shiny Charm for Masuda Method breeding and so I could shiny hunt Legendaries in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. It was something I was kind of interested in doing since I'd learned that you could get a Shiny Charm and a shiny Haxorus in Generation 5, but it's just something I never bothered with in Gen 5. It was a bit of a slog but not that difficult, and it was worth it.

Since then, I've gotten close but haven't fully finished Living Dexes in any of the games afterward. I do keep Living Dexes in progress in my Boxes, like I keep things organized by type and species and whatnot, but none have been completed yet. I want to finish it in Generation 7 so I can shiny hunt Blacephalon since it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

I've been working on trying to complete a full Living National Dex in Pokémon HOME to get that Poké Ball Magearna, but it'd still a work in progress and I have a good amount of work to do; for example, I'll need to complete a run of Pokémon Shield to get stuff like Regidrago, Glastrier, etc. That run is low on my priority list currently though, so it's just something I'm casually chipping away on. I've been playing the DLC in Pokémon Scarlet and am close to finishing a full Living Dex for this generation, so that's a good chunk at least.

I will say that I kind of like the Magearna reward since it has the Poké Ball coloration. I can understand why it would be underwhelming to others though.

So, I was talking to a friend about how I wanted a living dex for the Paldea region (ScarVio games). She didn't know what it meant so I had to explain. I was wondering if anyone else knew of Living Dexes... or maybe even have living dexes of their own c:

Essentially, a living dex is having every single Pokémon from that region in your boxes in the game, or alternatively.. in a storage program like Pokémon HOME or even Bank.
Example: Having all 151 Kanto Pokémon in your storage boxes. From Bulbasaur to Mew.

I randomly decided I wanted to do a living Pokédex for Paldea the other day. I'm about 140 Pokémon in, out of the 400 available for the game (excluding the DLC 'mons).

I transferred most of what I have currently to Pokémon HOME, IN dex order, because I'm really particular about how my Pokémon are stored. I do believe if you complete the national Pokédex for HOME, you get a Magearna as a reward. Which is very underwhelming; at least to me... But the more games that release; the harder it'll be to complete the national Dex.. which, I guess that may be why I decided to start making living dexes for each region! :>​

Hi Mimi! So even though I didn’t know what it was, I guess you can say in a way I’ve been trying to do this (though without subscription to Pokemon home; also I still need to find my old Pokemon cartridges. If I find them, I most likely won’t transfer them; I’m not thinking of getting a subscription to home atm).

I’m using the Pokedex Tracker website to keep track of what ones I’ve caught; right now I’m focusing on Violet & the shinies in it, but I want to collect the Pokemon that can be transferred to Violet from other games too as well as their shinies. 🙂 After I finish the remaining story and get further in the dlc (I’m tempted to get it before this though lol), I was thinking of getting Pokemon Sword and doing the same for that game too 🙂. I love collecting them so much. I really miss the national pokedex; bums me out I can’t transfer every Pokemon into Violet. My favorite part of Pokemon has always been collecting all the different Pokemon.

I've tried to do this SO many times but always end up with too many duplicates, or transferring the pokemon I need in a different game, or something. I am going for trying to complete the national dex with pokemon I register to Home though. Currently at over 1000 unique pokemon, not quite all of them yet. I've fully completed several regional dexes including the national dex through 6th gen on 3DS.

I spent over 1000 hours playing Black and White which was the first time I had a living dex. I did the same on X and Y, but played it no where near as much.

I've been playing ScarVio everyday since the TBTWC, and once I've finished breeding my team and completed the Indigo Disk DLC I want to create a living dex. I've become obsessed with trying to 100% the game.

I never tried to make a living dex for myself. I think I'd like to one day, it would be a fun challenge. That'll be pretty hard to do these days, with over 1,000 Pokemon in the world, y'know?

I hadn’t heard of it until recently when someone on here mentioned it. I appreciate the explanation. I only recently got back into the main games with getting Violet. It sounds like a fun challenge. Maybe I will try with Violet.

Now that I got a sub to home, in addition to trying to collect everything Sword & Violet, I’m going to make a living dex in home too! I haven’t made much progress since I’ve been trying to get perfect ivs for Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. At first I settled for amazing stats, but I got a bit carried away 😅. I won’t be doing this for every pokemon (at least not right away; I’ll put something in home and as I get better ivs I might replace them). I have OCD so I get easily fixated/obsess over the silliest things 😅. Also, I might turn it into a shiny dex or add them at the end if there are room in my home storage if I get doubles of shinies since I want to keep my shinies in my game.

I’ve had a living dex since Gen 6. I spent hours getting every single Pokemon. I simply just added to it when Gen 7 and 8 came out.

A couple years ago I completely revamped it however as I wanted every Pokemon to be from its original region and game. So I played the Virtual console games for Gen 1 and 2 and all the other games in order replacing my old living dex collection. I surprise traded my old collection away so it wouldn’t be a complete waste of course. After sending several months on that it was complete. Once Gen 9 came out I added the new Pokemon to it of course.

Currently my full living dex is in Home so it’s all in one place. I don’t have any desire to go for a shiny living dex though. I only collect/hunt for shinies I feel like going for or just happen to randomly find.

I never really bothered, even though one could say that I am a "veteran" player since I've played every gen since Gen 1. I usually just play with my favourites. I think I mentioned it before but I still haven't registered Clobberpus or whatever its called in the HOME dex. I feel now that trying to achieve something like a living dex is just not really worth the hassle and I have massive OCD so I would rather be apathetic and just play how I like instead.

I wanted to collect all the Pokemon at one point in my life until the gen 8 system ruined it for some reason. I haven't bought a mainline Pokemon game since Pokemon Sword.
No offence to anyone who wants a living dex, but I find it a waste of time. I play Pokemon just for fun now.

Back